Immunological Factors, Genes, and the Environment in Autism

Apr 18, 2013 Full story: Health News Digest 314

SACRAMENTO, Calif. - The UC Davis MIND Institute will host an update for parents and health-care professionals on research exploring the growing body of evidence suggesting associations between environmental mechanisms, immunological susceptibility and autism on Saturday, June 1. "Immunological Factors, Genes, and the Environment in Autism," will ... (more)

Full Story

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#232 Apr 28, 2013
Good health beats the flu, that includes keeping your hands clean. That is a FACT!

You are the only one that comments from your side, why is that? LOL

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#233 Apr 28, 2013
1. Wash your hands

One of the most effective and easiest methods of flu prevention is something we should all do several times a day – simply because it’s good manners. Do it after you use the restroom, of course, but also after you’ve shaken someone’s hand, kissed hello, been on public transportation, attended a party, gone to the gym, or many other situations. You can never be too careful, especially this time of year.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/01/09/natu...
Thanks to me for trying to help you.
FLUVAC MAIMS KILLS

Winnipeg, Canada

#234 Apr 28, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
Good health beats the flu, that includes keeping your hands clean. That is a FACT!
You are the only one that comments from your side, why is that? LOL
friend washes her hands right before using the bathroom, then goes back to flippin burgers without a smoke first.
ric99

Scunthorpe, UK

#235 Apr 29, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
Good health beats the flu, that includes keeping your hands clean. That is a FACT!
You are the only one that comments from your side, why is that? LOL
Perhaps you would like to explain how washing your hands protects against the airborne route. Are you too dim to understand 'difficult' words like 'airborne' and 'route'?

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#236 Apr 29, 2013
Obviously they both are dim.
Organic, plant-based diet, probiotics, elderberry syrup, essential oils, and omega-3 is all promotion to sell products with little to no evidence it prevents anything. For instance elderberry is used in medicine for hundreds of years, but to treat flu, not prevent it. Healthy people with a great immune system still get the flu.
ric99 wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you would like to explain how washing your hands protects against the airborne route. Are you too dim to understand 'difficult' words like 'airborne' and 'route'?

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#237 Apr 29, 2013
friend wrote:
Obviously they both are dim.
Organic, plant-based diet, probiotics, elderberry syrup, essential oils, and omega-3 is all promotion to sell products with little to no evidence it prevents anything. For instance elderberry is used in medicine for hundreds of years, but to treat flu, not prevent it. Healthy people with a great immune system still get the flu.
<quoted text>
LOL..now you are mocking those that eat organic? LOL....I guess you prefer those pesticides in our water system? You seem to be here justifying anything that might be related to your negligence. Omega-3 is also mocked? You nuts, I vote 200 times on that.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#238 Apr 29, 2013
ric99 wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you would like to explain how washing your hands protects against the airborne route. Are you too dim to understand 'difficult' words like 'airborne' and 'route'?
The number 1 prevention is washing hands. I didn't say it prevented the flu completely, nothing does. Are you that unhealthy that you are scared of getting sick for a few days? Change your diet, you don't sound very healthy.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#239 Apr 29, 2013
friend wrote:
Obviously they both are dim.
omega-3 is all promotion to sell products with little to no evidence it prevents anything.
<quoted text>
http://www.webmd.com/healthy-a ging/omega-3-fatty-acids-fact- sheet

There are many health benefits of omega-3 fatty acids. Research shows strong evidence that the omega-3s EPA and DHA can boost heart health and lower triglycerides. And there are studies showing that omega-3 fatty acids may help with other conditions -- rheumatoid arthritis, depression, and many more.

There are many health benefits of omega-3 fatty acids. Research shows strong evidence that the omega-3s EPA and DHA can boost heart health and lower triglycerides. And there are studies showing that omega-3 fatty acids may help with other conditions -- rheumatoid arthritis, depression, and many more.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#240 Apr 29, 2013
We're talking prevention, not over all good health. None of those things are proven to prevent the flu. None of those things means I don't use them, either nor does it have anything to do with pesticides in water. What it means is I don't expect things to do what they cant and the only negligence here is you who is promoting that industry. Follow the money.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#241 Apr 29, 2013

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#242 Apr 29, 2013
Nice that you admit nothing prevents the flu completely,(guess that sort of accounts for your explanation of air borne) but that's not what you said here.
RiccardoFire wrote:
Far safer choices exist to keep people from catching the flu—the most important of which is to ensure an adequate level of vitamin D and thoroughly washing your hands.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#243 Apr 29, 2013
And just where is the part about preventing the flu???? Remember, I already stated for good overall health is one thing but your off topic IS about preventing the flu.
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.webmd.com/healthy-aging/omega-3-fa...
There are many health benefits of omega-3 fatty acids. Research shows strong evidence that the omega-3s EPA and DHA can boost heart health and lower triglycerides. And there are studies showing that omega-3 fatty acids may help with other conditions -- rheumatoid arthritis, depression, and many more.
There are many health benefits of omega-3 fatty acids. Research shows strong evidence that the omega-3s EPA and DHA can boost heart health and lower triglycerides. And there are studies showing that omega-3 fatty acids may help with other conditions -- rheumatoid arthritis, depression, and many more.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#244 Apr 29, 2013
friend wrote:
Nice that you admit nothing prevents the flu completely,(guess that sort of accounts for your explanation of air borne) but that's not what you said here.
<quoted text>
That quote doesn't say what you wrote. Use common sense, why do you think some people wear a face mask? Why are you so scared of being sick for a few days? Do you have other problems? It's just like ADD, in my day, a kid grew out of it, he was hyper, today he is medicated.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#245 Apr 29, 2013
friend wrote:
omega-3 is all promotion to sell products with little to no evidence it prevents anything.
<quoted text>
Really? Omega 3 doesn't prevent anything? Prove it.
ric99

Boston, UK

#246 Apr 29, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>The number 1 prevention is washing hands. I didn't say it prevented the flu completely, nothing does. Are you that unhealthy that you are scared of getting sick for a few days? Change your diet, you don't sound very healthy.
I have a perfectly healthy diet, thank you.
I think you're scared of vaccination needles, so you say anything to convince yourself that you don't need vaccines, and that washing your hands and eating oily fish with Omega-3 in it will protect you from flu, measles, mumps etc.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#247 Apr 29, 2013
Of course that quote doesn't say what I wrote, because it's YOUR quote!! LOL! It's says what YOU wrote! I think your vitamins aren't working. Better add some viramin B to your list.
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>That quote doesn't say what you wrote. Use common sense, why do you think some people wear a face mask? Why are you so scared of being sick for a few days? Do you have other problems? It's just like ADD, in my day, a kid grew out of it, he was hyper, today he is medicated.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#248 Apr 29, 2013
ric99 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a perfectly healthy diet, thank you.
I think you're scared of vaccination needles, so you say anything to convince yourself that you don't need vaccines, and that washing your hands and eating oily fish with Omega-3 in it will protect you from flu, measles, mumps etc.
What is your perfect diet? I have had vaccines in the past, don't act silly. I have had plenty of needles. Most people that get the vaccine leave with a false impression that they don't need to worry about keeping clean and staying away from sneezy people. read what I posted about Omega 3. I guess since the Big Pharmacy doesn't reap millions the CDC doesn't recommend it. LOL...When I grew up, people got the flu, now we all go crazy like it's a deadly epidemic. Most deaths are caused by complications from the flu. People with medical conditions like asthma, lung disease, heart disease and people with weakened immune systems are also at risk.

So what is your condition? Why would a completely healthy person worry about the flu?

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#249 Apr 29, 2013
friend wrote:
Of course that quote doesn't say what I wrote, because it's YOUR quote!! LOL! It's says what YOU wrote! I think your vitamins aren't working. Better add some viramin B to your list.
<quoted text>
I was saying what you wrote about what I wrote was not the same. Get it? But that reminds me, Yes I will take my vitamins. Now take your antidepressants and come out of your bunker, the flu season is almost over but keep your face mask on. LOL

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#251 Apr 29, 2013
Cowboy Dan wrote:
The only one commenting on Fire's side is the lap-dog, ventriloquists' dummy, Howdy Doody of the far North, the sycophant and flunky from Whinny-peg.
But yet you offer nothing on the subject, why is that? Impressive, you can insult. LOL Why do I make you so mad bro?

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#252 Apr 29, 2013
Most of the people who die have underlying illnesses or a weakened immune system, says Dr. Sanjay Gupta, CNN's chief medical correspondent. The flu can weaken the immune system even more, which can lead to a complication like a bacterial infection.

In Other Words if you are completely healthy, why risk the vaccine?

What do you think Cowboy?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vaccines; Blessing or a Curse 1 hr woodtick57 5
Massive vaccine cover-up confirmed: Secret docu... 6 hr VACCINES CAUSE AU... 1
Opinion: The Anti-Vaccination Epidemic Mon USA MMR AUTISM 4
CDC experiments on unwitting African American c... Mon UTB 30
Anti-Vaxxers Are Dangerous: 'Science Cop' Jeffr... Mon USA MMR AUTISM 3
Researchers rekindle vaccine-autism debate Mon USA MMR AUTISM 6
Anti-vaccine movement may have global repercuss... Mon USA MMR AUTISM 4

Autism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE