Man lives with Autism

Man lives with Autism

There are 18 comments on the ClipSyndicate story from Jul 17, 2009, titled Man lives with Autism. In it, ClipSyndicate reports that:

Travis Breeding describes what it's like to live is Asperger's Syndrome.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ClipSyndicate.

Shardel Karlly

Rhinelander, WI

#1 Jul 21, 2009
It's too bad someone like Travis Breeding is going around tarnishing the good name of autism advocates everywhere. Mr. Breeding has a long history of pulling financial scams, lying, and recently declared bankruptcy. It seems that Travis' whole approach is to lie now to the media to drum up support and sympathy, when he has clearly exploited those around him, including his family. This is just sad.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#2 Jul 22, 2009
For starters, Asperger's Syndrome is not the same as Autism, why the article termed it that way is confusing for the reader. For seconds, I don't see where that man tarnished anything by expressing his opinion. It is true, those with Asperger's are not disfunctional, they are different and Asperger's or Autism, acceptance of other's is a large part of being an advocate.

Who really cares if he declared bankruptcy?? Many American's are doing just that these days. Are you implying because he has Asperger's that would make a difference??

This man's message isn't unlike many others.
Melissa

South Bend, IN

#3 Jul 22, 2009
Shardel, I am furious that someone could post such a thing. You obviously know nothing about "autism" or Asperger's disorder. As a mother of an autistic boy, I find it very offensive that you would post this. You should be ashamed of yourself. I think Travis is doing an amazing thing by sharing his story with the world. Take a look around you Shardel, bankrupcy is kind of a normal thing. People have declared bankrupcy for years. More so now than ever. That is really irrelevant to this story. Sounds like you could use some education and advocacy yourself Shardel.
Jim

South Bend, IN

#4 Jul 22, 2009
Wow. Shardel Karlly, from Madison, Wi. Or are you Sandra Barnes from Madison, WI Your real name is Ron Louis. You will see that Ron Louis and his business partner David Copeland are what they call professional dating coaches. They can be found by visiting a site www.howtosucceedwithwomen.com

After researching these guys for several hours I was able to find quite a bit of substantial information about their scam in Madison, WI. This is sick and pathetic. What you are doing to guys is not only unethical but illegal. That website should be shut down immediately. On top of everything you do as a dirty businesman, you're now adding being abusive and taking advantage of someone with a disability? You need help.

, or could you be Sam Darney of Madison, WI? Of course you and your side kick Brent Childers have been at this game for many years.
Megan Sheppards

South Bend, IN

#5 Jul 23, 2009
Anyone having the gull to do what Mr. Karlly did above should have charges pressed against them for ignorance. I don't know who this guy is. Sounds like Mr. Karlly has a history of making up fake personalities in order to harass people. However, harassing someone with a disability is a shame and must be stopped.
Mr_Reason

United States

#6 Jul 30, 2009
Actually, even though Shardel may or may not be the asshole known as Ron Louis, who's probably one of the bigger scumbags in this country, he's still right. I've known Travis for many, many years and the fact is he is attempting to use his supposed "diagnosis" (though it's never been stated who disagnosed him) of Asperger's Syndrome as a source of pity and financial gain. Just do a search on the guy, and promises of money and wealth from him are all over the place. I received an e-mail promising me a minimum of 45K to a max of 250K to help him live out his delusions of grandeur.
The guy is seriously sick and, yet, people act like his bizarre behavior is ok because he supposedly has Asperger's. This must be why he claimed he was going to kill himself on New Year's Day 2010 if he doesn't have a girlfriend. This is why he pretends to be his parents online, asking for "beautiful women to take pictures with our autistic son."
If he really does have Asperger's (which I'm still not completely believing), he's using it as a source of pity and a lame attempt to get a girlfriend, as has been his stated goal for the last decade.

Location hidden

#7 Jul 30, 2009
Mr. Reason~ you must not understand the disorder very well yourself. I did a search and didn't find any of what you mentioned but so what if I did? You don't need a disorder to scam people, plenty of typical people scam every day and it seems other's taught him how to do just that by taking advantage of him. His message in the article wasn't about all the slams against him that you're spreading here.
Mr_Reason

United States

#8 Aug 3, 2009
Friend: So, in other words, you're defending a guy who claims he will pay actors and actresses between 300k-500k to be in a movie that will be filming in 2011, and yet, when personally questioned about the money, doesn't have an answer to where it comes from?(Mainly because it doesn't exist)

I know Mr. Breeding on a personal level and have since high school. The kid is sick, but instead of forcing him to get help, we pretend it's socially acceptable for him to pull this type of crap because he has Asperger's Syndrome, which was never actually diagnosed by a real medical professional.

I have copied many of the wacky things this guys has done/promised people, so even if you refuse to believe the truth, others will know.

The point of all of this is that Mr. Breeding isn't usual his supposed illness to help others or create awareness of the disease, he's using it to create awareness of himself. He's doing this soleyl for selfish and harmful reasons.

Location hidden

#9 Aug 4, 2009
Asperger's and autism is not a disease. In reading the article alone which is where I based my opinion on, he's saying things many others have been saying who also share his disorder. The article wasn't about anything you're talking about, nor could I find it in a search however it's off topic to what the man was saying.
If you feel better trying to discredit what he is saying, so be it.
Autismmom

Niagara-on-the-lake, Canada

#10 Feb 17, 2014
Travis Breeding is continuing to scam people, and currently, parents of children with Autism. He claims to help get their stories published, and takes our money, and no book is given. I personally have been lied to time and time again, and I am an author and a mother to 2 boys on the Spectrum. There is no excuse for Mr. Breeding scamming families like mine, there is a time to stop relying in the diagnosis when you say you own your own business, using the diagnosis as a scape goat does not cut it.

When I confronted him (he lives in the USA, I live in Canada) I had to contact him through text message, as he ignored my emails, deleted his facebook account, and took myself plus several other writers off his website. I got excuse after excuse, saying he has to buy friend with our money, and sent pictures of himself appearing to cut himself. He then started non-stop texting me asking me questions if I was refunded money out of his bank, all of this I ignored. He did not take a lot of money from me, for myself, it was the principal. I chalk this up as a lesson learned.

This man is awful, Autism or not.
friends brainfart

Winnipeg, Canada

#12 Mar 1, 2014
friend wrote:
Asperger's and autism is not a disease. In reading the article alone which is where I based my opinion on, he's saying things many others have been saying who also share his disorder. The article wasn't about anything you're talking about, nor could I find it in a search however it's off topic to what the man was saying.
If you feel better trying to discredit what he is saying, so be it.
DUH!
Pay Up

Granger, IN

#13 Apr 12, 2014
If I find out you give anyone other than me money before you give me the money you owe me for having dinner with you I will never ever talk to you again.

If you think I or any other girl would spend time with an autistic person for free youare oblivous to how the real world works. You have Autism so suck it up and pay the price.

Once you pay me the 500 from dinner last time and then another 1,000 for the next time in advance I will gladly meet you for dinner and spend time with you. And please stop sending me pictures of you cutting yourself and asking me to hangout for free. I do not care what your counselor and best friend tell you about dates being free with no fee. That does not apply when you have the social skills of a 5 year old.

Amanda :)
friend

Winnipeg, Canada

#15 Apr 13, 2014
Pay Up wrote:
If I find out you give anyone other than me money before you give me the money you owe me for having dinner with you I will never ever talk to you again.
If you think I or any other girl would spend time with an autistic person for free youare oblivous to how the real world works. You have Autism so suck it up and pay the price.
Once you pay me the 500 from dinner last time and then another 1,000 for the next time in advance I will gladly meet you for dinner and spend time with you. And please stop sending me pictures of you cutting yourself and asking me to hangout for free. I do not care what your counselor and best friend tell you about dates being free with no fee. That does not apply when you have the social skills of a 5 year old.
you are a pathetic luzer
Reality

Granger, IN

#16 Apr 16, 2014
Travis still owes me 700 for having dinner with him in 2013. He tries giving me the excuse that his disability check is not enough to pay me and that his doctors and counselors tell him you should not have to pay someone to spend time with him. He begs me to go out with him without being paid. Get real loser. When you pay me I will adore and love you Travis. Until then have fun with your hand for the rest of your life.
nicegirl

Plainfield, IL

#18 Jul 26, 2014
Pay Up wrote:
Are you a hooker?? You are a money hungry bitch!Get a real job! How do you think this makes him feel? You a slut who sells her body for money and has the nerve to degrade someone like this??
nicegirl

Plainfield, IL

#19 Jul 26, 2014
Same mean money hungry hooker that is too lazy to get a job. Go spread your legs, no foul in that but dont degrade people. You cant talk, you sell your body for sex.

Since: Jul 14

Mumbai, India

#20 Jul 28, 2014
For information about treatment of Autism visit : http://www.reelabs.com/stem-cell-therapy/neur...

Thanks
Hcv92

United States

#22 Sep 30, 2016
Shardel Karlly wrote:
It's too bad someone like Travis Breeding is going around tarnishing the good name of autism advocates everywhere. Mr. Breeding has a long history of pulling financial scams, lying, and recently declared bankruptcy. It seems that Travis' whole approach is to lie now to the media to drum up support and sympathy, when he has clearly exploited those around him, including his family. This is just sad.
He raped and robbed me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Autism workshops prove popular in the town 2 hr VACCINES AUTISM 1
News DNA Scan Uncovers 18 Genes Newly Associated Wit... 2 hr friend lies 10
News Rebel medic who sparked MMR panic is leading fi... 2 hr friend lies 3
News ACTION: "National Call-In Day" announced for va... Sun friend 1
Military Media Microwave Industrial Complex and... Mar 16 ChemE 1
News Author exposes the "Vaccine Deep State" ... a m... Mar 15 friend 1
News Yale study warns of vaccine dangers, links immu... Mar 14 friend 10
More from around the web