Dr. Offit: The Science is Clear, Vacc...

Dr. Offit: The Science is Clear, Vaccines Do Not Cause Autism

There are 39 comments on the CBS Local story from Apr 7, 2014, titled Dr. Offit: The Science is Clear, Vaccines Do Not Cause Autism. In it, CBS Local reports that:

Dom Giordano talked to Dr. Paul Offit today on Talk Radio 1210 WPHT about his book, Deadly Choices, and the damage being done to children by the anti-vaccine movement.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS Local.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ricRICHARDB99

Winnipeg, Canada

#30 Apr 13, 2014
ric99 wrote:
Desperation is setting in with the Winnipeg (Ross Coe) dummy. He doesn't dare check what is written in the NEJM published study, because he knows that he will find my quote:-
"The distribution of cases of autistic disorder or other autistic-spectrum disorders according to vaccination status differs from that in Table 1 because, in this analysis, children who were vaccinated after the disorder had been diagnosed were classified according to their vaccination status at the time of the diagnosis (i.e. as unvaccinated)."
exactly where I said it was. This would drive him completely mad, if he wasn't mad enough already. Send for the men in white coats.
Why don't you provide a link dopey?
ric99

Lincoln, UK

#31 Apr 13, 2014
The link to the NEJM published study has been posted here many times. There is even a link to it in the Winnipeg (Ross Coe) dummy's link on this very thread. Is he so stupid that he can't find it? Judging by most of his posts here, he almost certainly is too thick to find it, and even if he could, he would never understand it with his lack of brain. This explains why he always refers to proper peer-reviewed science as "junk science", in order to hide the fact that he is too stupid to comprehend it.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#32 Apr 13, 2014
What's really funny is the 2nd link, one of their reasons the MMR study is debumnked since congenital autism obscures the issue. What a riot! Although anti vaxxers wont admit any part of congenital autism, they use it to attempt to flaw a study! That link was great! It's too bad no one took credit for that link, but I cn see how they'd not want to admit to it.

Don't you love it when Ross Coe debunks himself? And the bet part is, he doesn't even realize it before he offers the link!
friend Knuckle Dragger

Winnipeg, Canada

#33 Apr 14, 2014
friend wrote:
What's really funny is the 2nd link, one of their reasons the MMR study is debumnked since congenital autism obscures the issue. What a riot! Although anti vaxxers wont admit any part of congenital autism, they use it to attempt to flaw a study! That link was great! It's too bad no one took credit for that link, but I cn see how they'd not want to admit to it.
Don't you love it when Ross Coe debunks himself? And the bet part is, he doesn't even realize it before he offers the link!
Nice try lying AGAIN. Neither link does anything but expose the attempt to mislead the public and hide the truth. The Danish study has been debunked and its authors are science criminals selling their work to anyone for $$$$.
ric99 Knuckle Dragger

Winnipeg, Canada

#34 Apr 14, 2014
ric99 wrote:
The link to the NEJM published study has been posted here many times. There is even a link to it in the Winnipeg (Ross Coe) dummy's link on this very thread. Is he so stupid that he can't find it? Judging by most of his posts here, he almost certainly is too thick to find it, and even if he could, he would never understand it with his lack of brain. This explains why he always refers to proper peer-reviewed science as "junk science", in order to hide the fact that he is too stupid to comprehend it.
Another cave dweller worshiping the moon and stars instead of recognizing the truth. OOH OOHH AAH AAH Tarzan
ric99

Tattershall, UK

#35 Apr 14, 2014
So I was right. The Winnipeg (Ross Coe) dummy really is too thick to even find the link to the NEJM published study, even when a link to it exists in one of his own links, so he resorts to insults as usual. Now that really is being dumb.

Location hidden

#36 Apr 14, 2014
Both links are anti vaxxer flawed misinfo of wishful thinking. The Danish and Japan study have never been debunked, except in the mind of anti vaxxers and thanks to Ross Coe for the links and demonstrating how desperate anti vaxxers are to attempt to discredit something they cant possibly dicredit. And the best part of those links are, is anti vaxxers even daring to mention 'congenital autism'.
ricGOOF99

Winnipeg, Canada

#37 Apr 14, 2014
ric99 wrote:
Desperation is setting in with the Winnipeg (Ross Coe) dummy. He doesn't dare check what is written in the NEJM published study, because he knows that he will find my quote:-
"The distribution of cases of autistic disorder or other autistic-spectrum disorders according to vaccination status differs from that in Table 1 because, in this analysis, children who were vaccinated after the disorder had been diagnosed were classified according to their vaccination status at the time of the diagnosis (i.e. as unvaccinated)."
exactly where I said it was. This would drive him completely mad, if he wasn't mad enough already. Send for the men in white coats.
duh Hawkins there ARE children who seem to be born autistic called CLASSIC those are the ones you are blubbering about. Regression does not occur in this group dopey it happens AFTER a series of vaccinations, as your post showed. Thanks for the evidence,,buh wah ha ha
ric99

Ruskington, UK

#38 Apr 14, 2014
If vaccinations caused regression into autism, then the autism rate among vaccinated kids would be significantly higher than among unvaccinated kids. However, Table 2 in the NEJM study clearly shows that the autism rate among vaccinated kids is slightly LESS than among unvaccinated kids. Therefore vaccination can be ruled out as a cause of any type of autism (including regressive).

Of course the Winnipeg (Ross Coe) dummy is too thick to understand this, or (more likely) he doesn't want to understand it,(head in the sand syndrome).
ric99

Winnipeg, Canada

#39 Apr 15, 2014
friend wrote:
If one examines any of the studies, logic would tell us we'd have to look at each individually, not make a blank statement lumping them all together. That's already been done on this forum of the claims anti vaxxers have of their 21 studies, or is it 29. They keep changing the number.
Vaccines have been around long before Offit ever was. Health officials and scientists for generations have all shared the same opinion and have science to back up those opinions. Some vaccines can cause encephalopathy, but that's only due to the childhood disease itself having that risk. One has a higher risk of encephalopathy from contracting a childhood illness from another than from the vaccine since the vaccine only contains a small amount to build immunity. The majority who have had vaccines have experience no injury at all. When people make claims of 'many many', they never can back up that actual figure.
Logic tells us the majority who have had vaccines do not also have autism.
ven I can LOL when friend uses the word LOGIC as if she knows what it means. Tee Heee I must tell mumsy
Vaccines Cause Autism

Winnipeg, Canada

#40 Apr 15, 2014
sciencedirect.com
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/...

Be sure to search under other in the list. Many damning thimerosal studies that show how deadly it is.
ADVERSE REACTIONS

Winnipeg, Canada

#41 Apr 23, 2014
friend wrote:
Both links are anti vaxxer flawed misinfo of wishful thinking. The Danish and Japan study have never been debunked, except in the mind of anti vaxxers and thanks to Ross Coe for the links and demonstrating how desperate anti vaxxers are to attempt to discredit something they cant possibly dicredit. And the best part of those links are, is anti vaxxers even daring to mention 'congenital autism'.
An example of a brain half empty
Vaccines Toxic

Winnipeg, Canada

#42 May 10, 2014

Location hidden

#43 May 11, 2014
Title reading again?
Link #1: 20 days after the MMR a single child within this study acquired a fever and nerve palsy. A week later the symptoms partially disappeared without any treatment and by the time the child ws 5, visual acuity and stereopsis tests were normal. "In conclusion, public confidence in immunization must be maintained because safety and efficacy of MMR vaccination is clearly demonstrated; however potential adverse events must be strictly and carefully monitored."

Link #2: Dead.
Link #3: Bogus anti vaxxer site, mainly about Wakefield.
Vaccines Cause ADHD

Winnipeg, Canada

#44 May 11, 2014
friend wrote:
Title reading again?
Link #1: 20 days after the MMR a single child within this study acquired a fever and nerve palsy. A week later the symptoms partially disappeared without any treatment and by the time the child ws 5, visual acuity and stereopsis tests were normal. "In conclusion, public confidence in immunization must be maintained because safety and efficacy of MMR vaccination is clearly demonstrated; however potential adverse events must be strictly and carefully monitored."
Link #2: Dead.
Link #3: Bogus anti vaxxer site, mainly about Wakefield.
I can only provide I can't help lack of comprehension and illogical denial of evidence.
http://www.examiner.com/article/autism-why-ar...
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10589903
http://vactruth.com/2011/11/12/test-standard-...
http://childhealthsafety.wordpress.com/2012/0...

Location hidden

#45 May 11, 2014
Link #1: Examiner, big deal
Link #2: Measles vaccine has been successfully used, without serious
complications, in many immunocompromised patients."
"Most significant primary immunodeficiency states in children will be detected before the age of MMR vaccination, and for such children live virus vaccines should be avoided." The single case had an unknown auto immune disorder.
Link #3: anti vaxxer site
Link #4: Already gone over this link many times.
friend zero credibility

Winnipeg, Canada

#46 May 12, 2014
friend wrote:
Link #1: Examiner, big deal
Link #2: Measles vaccine has been successfully used, without serious
complications, in many immunocompromised patients."
"Most significant primary immunodeficiency states in children will be detected before the age of MMR vaccination, and for such children live virus vaccines should be avoided." The single case had an unknown auto immune disorder.
Link #3: anti vaxxer site
Link #4: Already gone over this link many times.
You are no one. Your opinions meaningless.

Location hidden

#47 May 12, 2014
Obviously the evidence shows my opinions matter to some, unlike you. You still have no evidence for anyone to deny!
friend can copy

Winnipeg, Canada

#48 May 12, 2014
friend wrote:
Obviously the evidence shows my opinions matter to some, unlike you. You still have no evidence for anyone to deny!
HUH? crapola

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WND Anti-Vaxxer Promotion Update 52 min VacLib dot Org 4
News US film studio threatens to sue Cork autism-rig... 6 hr VAXXED Censorship 1
News Genius of the Year says autistic people like hi... 6 hr VACCINES MAIM KILL 1
News Toddler injected with 37 vaccines before the ag... Jul 16 friend 4
News Can Dogs Have Autism? Jul 11 Milestone06 2
How to emotionally damage a person with ASD Jul 11 Pharma caused au... 2
News 'I was so good when I was pregnant with Harvey ... Jul 5 TRASH SCIENCE 1
More from around the web