been there moved on

Easton, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

could it be an antidepressant that MOM took during any point close before or during pregnancy???
ADAMLANZAVACCINE VICTIM

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

[QUOTE who="hmmm....never drank!"]<quoted text>
My son has autism and I never drank. I also currently work with autistic children , and have worked with FAS kids in the past.
Kids with FAS have distinct physical features and symptoms that do not mirror those of autism.[/QUOTE] They aren't the same as you say. So much misinformation floats around that confuses people, but its intentional to divde and conquer publi opinion.
Erin

Wasilla, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

[QUOTE who="hmmm....never drank!"]<quoted text>
My son has autism and I never drank. I also currently work with autistic children , and have worked with FAS kids in the past.
Kids with FAS have distinct physical features and symptoms that do not mirror those of autism.[/QUOTE]

Not all kids with FASD (Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder) have physical characteristics of FAS or FASD. Not all women who have FASD kids know they drank during pregnancy. Most women don't find out they are pregnant until they are 4-6 weeks along, which if you drank even a glass of wine prior to that (regardless of those doctors who state it doesn't harm the fetus-IT DOES) then the fetus can be affected. The brain is the first part of the fetus that begins to develop and if the fetus has been exposed to alcohol during the first weeks of development, many different FASD can take place. Depending on WHAT stage of pregnancy a mother drinks, the symptoms (physical, mental, behavioral, central nervous system, developmental, learning disability, etc.) will vary. Because FAS is the only official "diagnosis" , there are very limited resources for treatment of FASD because the other symptoms are not recognized as a "diagnosis". I believe many children ARE misdiagnosed with Autism when in fact it could be FASD. Here is website with more info: http://www.fasdcenter.samhsa.gov/documents/WY...
Erin

Wasilla, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

clarification, brain is *first major organ to develop* although not fully developed before the heart.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 64 of64
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Autism Discussions

Search the Autism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Italian Court Rules MMR Vaccine Caused Autism: ... Sat friends trash science 10
Vaccine-Nation | Why Vaccines are Bad (Nov '11) Fri Thats Right 32
over vaccination of pets Fri Thats Right 6
U.S. autism rates rise another 30 percent Fri Thats Right 6
Environmentally-induced autism is reversible Fri friend DUHZ it again 5
Genetic and Environmental Influences Are Equall... Fri friend DUHZ it again 13
editorial: California must improve vaccination ... Jul 8 Provac Plopaganda 1
•••
•••