Guest column: Anti-vaccination movement threatens the health, safety...

Jul 29, 2014 Full story: MLive.com 25

Right now, candidates for the state legislature are going to their mailboxes and finding a disturbing and potentially dangerous questionnaire and set of talking points from an anti-childhood-immunization organization called Michigan Opposing Mandatory Vaccines , a group whose work threatens the health, safety and well-being of children across the ... (more)

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
PROFIT FIRST

Winnipeg, Canada

#1 Jul 30, 2014
It threaens profit and the number of free test subjects as Pharma continues to TRY and perfect vaccnes. The adverse reaction factors are a real issue, but if accin se drops it insprs others. Fear mongering and mandator vaccination insure that there are fre tes subjects for thenew concoctions.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#2 Jul 30, 2014
No medicine or vaccine will be perfect, and no way anyone could 'perfect' them so it was. They all have risks. Adverse reactions will always be an issue for some people, however the majority who have had vaccines never experienced serious side effects. Stating otherwise is fear mongering and one day anti vaxxers will be the proud reason why vaccines become mandatory. As for the profit, get real. Drugs companies make more moeny off of heart medication.
Buh Wah Ha Ha

Winnipeg, Canada

#3 Jul 30, 2014
friend wrote:
No medicine or vaccine will be perfect, and no way anyone could 'perfect' them so it was. They all have risks. Adverse reactions will always be an issue for some people, however the majority who have had vaccines never experienced serious side effects. Stating otherwise is fear mongering and one day anti vaxxers will be the proud reason why vaccines become mandatory. As for the profit, get real. Drugs companies make more moeny off of heart medication.
Then they should be honest about it instead of lying and using fear mongering to get compliance. Its unethical.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#4 Jul 31, 2014
Hello, who doesn't or didn't know that all medicine carries the risk of side effects? People knew this 50 years ago, yet that didn't stop those parents from demanding a vaccine to prevent their children from contracting a deadly childhood disease. Those diseases are not fear mongering, it's reality. It's history and in present day those outbreaks are real.

What's unethical is non medical people attempting to spread misinfo to the public without knowing each individuals medical history and risks of contracting such illnesses or the actual side effect risks of contracting any childhood disease which is far a greater risk since vaccines only contain a small portion of the disease where as contracting the disease from sharing germs is far greater risk for medical complictions including death.
Suggestion

Beverly, MA

#5 Jul 31, 2014
For those against any kind of vaccines, this is what you might want to do, go to Africa and volunteer to take care of those with Ebola.

Then come back here and tell the rest of us how you hope that no vaccine is ever developed for this horrible disease.

There is a vaccine for this disease being researched right now. Should Ebola ever get loose, how many folks who are against vaccinations will turn this vaccination down?

This kind of outbreak was what motivated doctors to develop vaccines in the first place.

For those against vaccines, go back in history and read about the brave parents who tried the smallpox treatments which were precursor to the modern day smallpox vaccine that was eventually developed. It was frightening and your kids could develop disease, or maybe become immune. But people were desperate to save their kids. They were mostly successful but unfortunately there were failures.

But to sit by and do. I thing meant that you not only could lose your own child, you could infect your neighbor's kids.

There was a time when people actually cared about the greater good.

Now it seems, the motto is "Screw you, I am the only one who counts."

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#6 Jul 31, 2014
A little tid bit anti vaxxers fail to acknowledge: 50 to 60 years ago when children were contracting childhood diseases, those parents I bet never imagined these same diseases would one day be a bio warfare threat and if that day comes, the only hope people will have IS a vaccine. And those vaccine makers hardly will be worrying about profit, they'll be worrying about their own safety since a doctor in a bio suit still contracted Ebola. Aside from that, most who produce vaccines don't just make vaccines. If all they were worried about was profit, they'd let everyone contract these visruses since they'd make more money off the pharmaceuticals it would take to safe their lives. It would be a win win situation between doctors, nurses, pharma's clinics and hosptials.
And some of these same anti vaxxers who squack about profit are the same people who used Secretin on their children, and who do they think manufactured it? And guess what? It's an injection, extracted from pig intestines. So any anti vaxxer who has anything to say about the risks of vaccines and also put their child through Secretin in a hypocrite looking for a huge payday.
DUH Im Suggestion

Winnipeg, Canada

#7 Jul 31, 2014
Suggestion wrote:
For those against any kind of vaccines, this is what you might want to do, go to Africa and volunteer to take care of those with Ebola.
Then come back here and tell the rest of us how you hope that no vaccine is ever developed for this horrible disease.
There is a vaccine for this disease being researched right now. Should Ebola ever get loose, how many folks who are against vaccinations will turn this vaccination down?
This kind of outbreak was what motivated doctors to develop vaccines in the first place.
For those against vaccines, go back in history and read about the brave parents who tried the smallpox treatments which were precursor to the modern day smallpox vaccine that was eventually developed. It was frightening and your kids could develop disease, or maybe become immune. But people were desperate to save their kids. They were mostly successful but unfortunately there were failures.
But to sit by and do. I thing meant that you not only could lose your own child, you could infect your neighbor's kids.
There was a time when people actually cared about the greater good.
Now it seems, the motto is "Screw you, I am the only one who counts."
As usual your type misses the point entirely. People aren't against vaccines they are against adverse effects and fear the vaccine more than measles etc. Its not about Africa or ebola. Paretns today know the lies they are told about vaccine safety are all part of the con to keep rates up. When your child becomes damaged who helps you? No one does, so why go there. A healthy child is unlikely to die of measles, mumps, ruebella.or chicken pox. Maybe you don't remember having them or seeing others who returned to health after a week of rest. But thanks for the fear mongering and twisting of facts till they aren't recognizable.
HILARIOUS NONSENSE

Winnipeg, Canada

#8 Jul 31, 2014
friend wrote:
A little tid bit anti vaxxers fail to acknowledge: 50 to 60 years ago when children were contracting childhood diseases, those parents I bet never imagined these same diseases would one day be a bio warfare threat and if that day comes, the only hope people will have IS a vaccine. And those vaccine makers hardly will be worrying about profit, they'll be worrying about their own safety since a doctor in a bio suit still contracted Ebola. Aside from that, most who produce vaccines don't just make vaccines. If all they were worried about was profit, they'd let everyone contract these visruses since they'd make more money off the pharmaceuticals it would take to safe their lives. It would be a win win situation between doctors, nurses, pharma's clinics and hosptials.
And some of these same anti vaxxers who squack about profit are the same people who used Secretin on their children, and who do they think manufactured it? And guess what? It's an injection, extracted from pig intestines. So any anti vaxxer who has anything to say about the risks of vaccines and also put their child through Secretin in a hypocrite looking for a huge payday.
Yeah measles are being used in Elbonia as bio warfare....buh wah ha ha

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#9 Jul 31, 2014
Clearly Ross Coe isn't so educated on childhood diseases like the measles, which can cause panencephalitis, encephalitis and spreading it an unknown immunocompromised patient can be deadly. Aside from the fact in history all who died from it. In Africa, children barely make it to the age of 5. They die of childhood preventable diseases. He can no more predict who will have an adverse reaction to a vaccine than he can predict who is at risk of death if they contract the illness. 10 babies in California weren't so lucky to go home. And he also dismisses the fact that the majority who have had vaccines do not acquire side effects. Facts are not fear mongering; they are facts that anti vaxxers cannot alter.
Cruelty is Legal

Beverly, MA

#10 Jul 31, 2014
DUH Im Suggestion wrote:
<quoted text> As usual your type misses the point entirely. People aren't against vaccines they are against adverse effects and fear the vaccine more than measles etc. Its not about Africa or ebola. Paretns today know the lies they are told about vaccine safety are all part of the con to keep rates up. When your child becomes damaged who helps you? No one does, so why go there. A healthy child is unlikely to die of measles, mumps, ruebella.or chicken pox. Maybe you don't remember having them or seeing others who returned to health after a week of rest. But thanks for the fear mongering and twisting of facts till they aren't recognizable.
Small pox is deadly. We hope it is gone for good, but the latest CDC screw-up shows us that we are just a heartbeat away from that menace.

And German measles causes severe birth defects. Saw that happen quite a few times, very sad.

When mumps is caught in adulthood, it causes severe complications.

Whooping cough is all around sad and cruel and can be deadly.

And my bout with chicken pox will give me the wonderful luxury of possibly enduring shingles in my old age.

I have seem shingles make elderly folks suffer to the point of madness.

Do go on...
HILARIOUS NONSENSE

Winnipeg, Canada

#11 Jul 31, 2014
Cruelty is Legal wrote:
<quoted text>
Small pox is deadly. We hope it is gone for good, but the latest CDC screw-up shows us that we are just a heartbeat away from that menace.
And German measles causes severe birth defects. Saw that happen quite a few times, very sad.
When mumps is caught in adulthood, it causes severe complications.
Whooping cough is all around sad and cruel and can be deadly.
And my bout with chicken pox will give me the wonderful luxury of possibly enduring shingles in my old age.
I have seem shingles make elderly folks suffer to the point of madness.
Do go on...
Some blame shingles on under exposure to it beause of vaccines. Severe compliatons come in many ways from many things. we need a severe c omplications vaccine to go along with the coincidence vaccine. o h many heartbeats have ocured since you wrote his and where are the results as predicted?
HILARIOUS NONSENSE

Winnipeg, Canada

#12 Jul 31, 2014
friend wrote:
Clearly Ross Coe isn't so educated on childhood diseases like the measles, which can cause panencephalitis, encephalitis and spreading it an unknown immunocompromised patient can be deadly. Aside from the fact in history all who died from it. In Africa, children barely make it to the age of 5. They die of childhood preventable diseases. He can no more predict who will have an adverse reaction to a vaccine than he can predict who is at risk of death if they contract the illness. 10 babies in California weren't so lucky to go home. And he also dismisses the fact that the majority who have had vaccines do not acquire side effects. Facts are not fear mongering; they are facts that anti vaxxers cannot alter.
There are vaccine programs throughout Africa and have been for decades. They die due to malnuorishment not lack of vaccines.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#13 Jul 31, 2014
In 2012, there were 122 000 measles deaths globally about 330 deaths every day or 14 deaths every hour. Just where do you think those fugyres occur? Mars?
Who cares what some blame what on, we're talking facts. Getting shingles from a vaccine would be much lower since the varicella vaccine only contain a small amount of the virus, where as if you contract the chickenpox, the virus is not a small amount. Hello.
Comprehension Zero

Winnipeg, Canada

#14 Jul 31, 2014
friend wrote:
In 2012, there were 122 000 measles deaths globally about 330 deaths every day or 14 deaths every hour. Just where do you think those fugyres occur? Mars?
Who cares what some blame what on, we're talking facts. Getting shingles from a vaccine would be much lower since the varicella vaccine only contain a small amount of the virus, where as if you contract the chickenpox, the virus is not a small amount. Hello.
So tell us how great exposure is then. Since you claim to know. Hello Buh Wah Ha Ha And I didn't say vaccines cause shingles comprehension zero. I said by not allowing general exposure in the population it hits vulnerable older people who were never vaccinated, or never had chicken pox or their fabulous vaccine wore off because it DID NOT give lifelong immunity like true exposure.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#15 Jul 31, 2014
Clearly you have no clue how and why shingles happens, or you wouldn't have posted such an uneducated thing bawahahahaha and shingles doesn't just affect the older population. I have a friend who was 30 years old who had shingles and while you have an outbreak of shingles, you're contagious and can spread then the chickenpox to others.
Buh Wah Ha Ha

Winnipeg, Canada

#16 Jul 31, 2014
friend wrote:
Clearly you have no clue how and why shingles happens, or you wouldn't have posted such an uneducated thing bawahahahaha and shingles doesn't just affect the older population. I have a friend who was 30 years old who had shingles and while you have an outbreak of shingles, you're contagious and can spread then the chickenpox to others.
So your 30 year old friend got it after thinking a vaccine gave immunity when they don't.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#17 Aug 1, 2014
Nice try at inventing misinfo. Clearly it's you who has comprehension problems. Who said anything about them having a vaccine? Varcella hasn't even been on the market for 20 years. The friend who was 30 when they got shingles, would you like to know how old they are now??!!
Oh, and I've also known people who have had the chickenpox more than once, no vaccine involved. Only an anti vaxxer would assume natural exposure to others germs would give life long immunity.
AUTISM 1 in 68

Winnipeg, Canada

#18 Aug 1, 2014
friend wrote:
In 2012, there were 122 000 measles deaths globally about 330 deaths every day or 14 deaths every hour. Just where do you think those fugyres occur? Mars?
Who cares what some blame what on, we're talking facts. Getting shingles from a vaccine would be much lower since the varicella vaccine only contain a small amount of the virus, where as if you contract the chickenpox, the virus is not a small amount. Hello.
Oh friend oh great one please explain how autism went from 1 in 10,000 in the 1980's to 1 in 68 in 2014. Only your great wisdom can explain this world wide phenomenon.
AUTISM 1 in 68

Winnipeg, Canada

#19 Aug 1, 2014
friend wrote:
Nice try at inventing misinfo. Clearly it's you who has comprehension problems. Who said anything about them having a vaccine? Varcella hasn't even been on the market for 20 years. The friend who was 30 when they got shingles, would you like to know how old they are now??!!
Oh, and I've also known people who have had the chickenpox more than once, no vaccine involved. Only an anti vaxxer would assume natural exposure to others germs would give life long immunity.
and only friend twists and invents blh blah and thinks its true evidence

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#20 Aug 1, 2014
Try and contain your obvious agitation. Here's how it works. You make the claim to cause, you back it up with scientific proof. If you don't nor cant, then you're just another fool spouting off that clearly no one agree's with.

As for the autism rates of the USA (since Ross Coe cant stick to Canada) we've been through this before. 1:68 is not a world wide phenomenon. That 1:68 ONLY pertains to the USA. Is there an actual medical test for autism? How many times do doctors misdiagnose patients? What year was DSM lll released? Why DSM lll one might ask? Because that's when the inclusion of autism as a separate diagnostic category happened. Who can diagnose autism? How long is the test they conduct for the DSM? According to McCarthy, 20 minutes. What year was autism added to IDEA? And isn't it odd that while IEP's for autism rose, and MR declined. Where does the USA obtain it's rates from? Why does autism affect boys 4 times more than girls? Why do the majority who have ever had vaccines do not have autism, or anything else? Anti vaxxers cant even stick to one theory. First it was the MMR vaccine, when that was proven wrong they went to thimerosal and that was proven wrong. Then the go with the aluminum salts, pretending that's the same compound as aluminum, and then to formaldehyde. Pretty soon anti vaxxers will have picked out every ingredient in vaccines yet still lack evidence of cause. And best of all, they all support criminals within the medical field.

No one cares what you think and your childish behavior does nothing for your cause. Unlike everyone else here who can and does back up their evidence over there years, you have yet to. The only reason why anyone here bothers with you is because it's so easy to agitate you and prove you are the one who invents and twists things to fit your theory. It's simply just too fun to disprove an anit vaxxer and nicely display they believe things without proof to back it up, all the while attempting to put the public of who they don't personally know at risk claiming the measles is easy to overcome.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Author of controversial vaccination/autism stud... 11 hr friend 3
Outbreak causes vaccination debate to heat up Thu Vacs maim Kill 1
Wakefield is not a fraud - His study linking MM... Thu friend DUHZ it again 6
Thimerosal, Vaccines and Autism: Let the Scienc... Feb 24 VACCINES MAIM KILL 4
Inside the mind of anti-vaxxers Feb 23 SAFE VACCINES NOW 1
Editorial: Anti-vaxxers selling a dangerous idea Feb 23 SAFE VACCINES NOW 2
The Top 5 Bogus Public Health Scares (Aug '13) Feb 23 karik 12
More from around the web