Ground-breaking Genetic Research Give...

Ground-breaking Genetic Research Gives Hope for Potential Treatment of Autism's Core Symptoms

There are 12 comments on the Applied Clinical Trials story from Mar 1, 2013, titled Ground-breaking Genetic Research Gives Hope for Potential Treatment of Autism's Core Symptoms. In it, Applied Clinical Trials reports that:

Nationwide clinical drug trials are already underway and are showing significant success in reversing symptoms of severe social impairment and behavioral issues in participants with autism and FXS, giving hope to families and individuals with these conditions that additional treatments may be on the horizon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Applied Clinical Trials.

JUNK SCIENCE

Winnipeg, Canada

#1 Mar 1, 2013
hypothetical brainwashing of the public to deflect focus away from vaccine causation.

Judged:

14

12

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Elias

Australia

#2 Mar 2, 2013
Is this true?

Fragile X syndrome is the most common known genetic cause of autism and autism spectrum disorders.

Sounds like the journalist made that quantum leap all on their own?
Autism 4 Dummies

Winnipeg, Canada

#3 Mar 2, 2013
Elias wrote:
Is this true?
Fragile X syndrome is the most common known genetic cause of autism and autism spectrum disorders.
Sounds like the journalist made that quantum leap all on their own?
You believe all the other crap, put this on your list too.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#4 Mar 2, 2013
It is true, and has been known for quite some time. Go look it up on
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fragile_X_syndro...

or
http://www.fragilex.org/fragile-x-associated-...

How many have had their children tested for Fragile X? I have. But the problem is, some consider genetics 'blame'.
Elias wrote:
Is this true?
Fragile X syndrome is the most common known genetic cause of autism and autism spectrum disorders.
Sounds like the journalist made that quantum leap all on their own?
Elias

Australia

#5 Mar 2, 2013
friend wrote:
It is true, and has been known for quite some time. Go look it up on
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fragile_X_syndro...
or
http://www.fragilex.org/fragile-x-associated-...
How many have had their children tested for Fragile X? I have. But the problem is, some consider genetics 'blame'.
<quoted text>
But even then we are only talking 5-6% of all kids diagnosed.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#6 Mar 2, 2013
The statement still holds true regardless of the percentage.
Laval

Montréal, Canada

#7 Mar 2, 2013
The article title should read:
Ground-breaking Genetic Research Gives Hope for Potential Treatment of Fragile X Core Symptoms
Fragile X is not like regressive autism. In Fragile X, they have similar facial features and there is a clear known gene for it, nothing like regressive autism.
Wrong to say: curing core autism symptoms. It is very misleading and dumb.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#8 Mar 2, 2013
Autism is autism, no matter what. The core symptoms is the same and that's what the drug is to try and treat. The symptoms of which is pretty much the criteria od the DSM.
Autism 4 Dummies

Winnipeg, Canada

#9 Mar 3, 2013
friend wrote:
Autism is autism, no matter what. The core symptoms is the same and that's what the drug is to try and treat. The symptoms of which is pretty much the criteria od the DSM.
Duh said the troll!
Ray

Montréal, Canada

#10 Mar 3, 2013
friend wrote:
Autism is autism, no matter what. The core symptoms is the same and that's what the drug is to try and treat. The symptoms of which is pretty much the criteria od the DSM.
idiots commeny, another vaxxpusher brain on display. it is like saying all cancers are cancers...very dumb

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#11 Mar 3, 2013
Don't you just hate it when people compare autism to cancer??
Another mis info anti vaxxer. The criteria for autism IS all the same. There also is no specific criteria for onset, either. When one doesn't fit that criteria, it then isn't autism. Hello.
Autism 4 Dummies

Winnipeg, Canada

#12 Mar 3, 2013
friend wrote:
Don't you just hate it when people compare autism to cancer??
Another mis info anti vaxxer. The criteria for autism IS all the same. There also is no specific criteria for onset, either. When one doesn't fit that criteria, it then isn't autism. Hello.
Garbage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Meeting with Trump emboldens anti-vaccine activ... Thu friend 2
News Talk looks at history of autism Thu WAKEFIELD FRAMED 1
News Can Dogs Have Autism? Nov 25 VACCINES CAUSE AU... 6
News Don't forget that Trump is also an anti-vaxxer Nov 18 Nurple8665 5
News Free showings of VAXXED-Cover-up & controversy Nov 9 VACCINES CAUSE AU... 1
News The Inconveniently Obvious Truth About Altruism (Jul '12) Nov 9 VACCINES CAUSE AU... 3
News The Amish Don't Get Autism? Nov 9 VACCINES CAUSE AU... 3
More from around the web