Autism may be tied to flawed prenatal...

Autism may be tied to flawed prenatal brain growth

There are 46 comments on the Dallas Morning News story from Mar 26, 2014, titled Autism may be tied to flawed prenatal brain growth. In it, Dallas Morning News reports that:

Applied Behavioral Analysis Technician Brandy Huyck interacts with Colin Huber, 5, of Flint as he builds a matching clothing as a learning moniker at the treatment room, which allows technicians to give discrete trial training at Genesee Health System's new Children's Autism Center on Jan. 16, 2014 in Flint.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dallas Morning News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
ric99

Market Rasen, UK

#2 Mar 27, 2014
The Winnipeg (Ross Coe) dummy has 'conveniently' forgotten about the UC Davis study which found abnormal brain growth from birth (or earlier) in boys who were later diagnosed with regressive autism, but not in boys with other types of autism, or in non-autistic boys. Kids aren't vaccinated before birth, so vaccines could not be the cause of regressive autism.

He also forgets the NEJM study which shows that regression occurs at a variety of ages, ranging from before vaccination to a few years after vaccination. It found no meaningful correlation between vaccination date and regression. Only a very small percentage were found to have regressed shortly after vaccination, while the vast majority who regressed, did so at other times not associated with vaccinations.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#3 Mar 27, 2014
Winnipeg Ross Coe has no idea what percentage with autism is genetic, and no one else does, either. Every year more and more findings are becoming known from genetics, which is at it's early stages in most every genetically caused disorder. Obviously they admitted more research needed to me done however, there's no mistaking the importance of all 10 within this small study had abnormal patterns of cell growth. What Winnipeg Ross Coe doesn't comprehend is all 10 within that study were children who died, and that this study was conducted by taking biopsies from the brain, some what difficult to do on a living person but this study could lead to tests that can be done on living people.
This also isn't about blaming anyone. It's too bad Ross Coe believes any genetic disorder equals blaming the parents. That's why parents have genetic testing before they have children, to prevent genetic disorders they think they wont be able to handle. Ross Coe is one who cant handle it.
ric99

Louth, UK

#6 Mar 27, 2014
The Winnipeg (Ross Coe) dummy has yet to show even the slightest bit of evidence that the studies that friend and I have linked to are "trash science". Why? Because he doesn't have any evidence, which is why every sensible person knows that he is a joke.
Pharma Maims Kills

Winnipeg, Canada

#7 Mar 28, 2014
ric99 wrote:
The Winnipeg (Ross Coe) dummy has yet to show even the slightest bit of evidence that the studies that friend and I have linked to are "trash science". Why? Because he doesn't have any evidence, which is why every sensible person knows that he is a joke.
ric99%moron is a 14 year old child who isn't mature enough to understand how the pharma world works. He shouls just play with his toys and shut up.
ric99

Lincoln, UK

#8 Mar 29, 2014
So we can conclude from the Winnipeg (Ross Coe) dummy's latest post that he still doesn't have any scientific evidence that the studies that friend and I have linked to are "trash science". He always tries to draw attention away from this by spouting his usual insults, but he can't even get his facts straight when he does this.
ric99

Lincoln, UK

#10 Mar 29, 2014
What annoys the Winnipeg (Ross Coe) dummy intensely is that he has no scientific evidence that the studies that friend and I have linked to are "trash science", so he flies into a temper and hurls insults for everyone to see.

Location hidden

#11 Mar 29, 2014
Ross Coe isn't clever at all. As anyone can see, readers have let you know who the true troll is.
SAM

Vaudreuil, Canada

#12 Mar 30, 2014
Only unsafe vaccines cause autism. They are trying their last disgracefull tactic to pull away from vaccines damage.

Its only going to get worse for the vaccines manufacturers...no more chling chling
ric99

Grimsby, UK

#13 Mar 30, 2014
And Canadian SAM's scientific evidence is???

Just as expected, he doesn't have any.

Location hidden

#14 Mar 30, 2014
They will never have evidence to back up the vaccine claim, if they did anti vaxxers would splatter it all over the web.
The only disgraceful tactic here is totally ignoring the article and its contents but instead attempt to make it a vaccine issue. They think the mere mention of vaccines is evidence.
All it shows it how fearful they are of studies like this to the point they outright ignore it. If you ignore it, then it isn't there and cant really be true. One has to feel sorry for people who behave so irrationally.

Location hidden

#18 Mar 30, 2014
Bummer for anti vaxxers, Wakefield's 'investigation' contained at least 10 if not more the word 'may'. So Winnipeg Ross Coe just admitted and debunked by his own definition, Wakefield's paper which is hardly hard evidence!
ric99

Scunthorpe, UK

#19 Mar 30, 2014
The NEJM published study, which shows (with actual figures) that the autism rate among vaccinated kids is the same as among unvaccinated kids does NOT say that this "MAY" be the case, so the Winnipeg (Ross Coe) dummy is talking rubbish as usual.
More Vacs More Autism

Winnipeg, Canada

#22 Apr 4, 2014
ric99 wrote:
The NEJM published study, which shows (with actual figures) that the autism rate among vaccinated kids is the same as among unvaccinated kids does NOT say that this "MAY" be the case, so the Winnipeg (Ross Coe) dummy is talking rubbish as usual.
you mean duh

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#23 Apr 4, 2014
ric99 wrote:
So we can conclude from the Winnipeg (Ross Coe) dummy's latest post that he still doesn't have any scientific evidence that the studies that friend and I have linked to are "trash science". He always tries to draw attention away from this by spouting his usual insults, but he can't even get his facts straight when he does this.
You could give the troll the science facts about gravity and he would call it junk science.
ric99

Horncastle, UK

#26 Apr 5, 2014
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
You could give the troll the science facts about gravity and he would call it junk science.
You're right, the Winnipeg (Ross Coe) dummy probably thinks that gravity is a big Pharma plot to stop us flying like birds. LOL
sam

Saint-hubert, Canada

#28 Apr 5, 2014
ric99 wrote:
And Canadian SAM's scientific evidence is???
Just as expected, he doesn't have any.
i dont need to prove to you any science. the science i know and pactice is hostaged by pharma and their ours bought regulatory and safety agencies

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#29 Apr 5, 2014
ric99 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, the Winnipeg (Ross Coe) dummy probably thinks that gravity is a big Pharma plot to stop us flying like birds. LOL
Not only that. These trolls assume that once a person is diagnosed with being on the spectrum. That the person supposedly gets automatically shoved into taking welfare. That supposedly all on the spectrum get welfare payments. As in SSD.
This isn't canada. In America, married folks do NOT get SSD. Since the govt figures that the either the person or the spouse has a job to support that person. Plus, it isn't up to the govt to make the person apply for it. That in America is up to the person and or their family to do the application.
And there are jobs for folks on the spectrum. Heck, my longest held job was for nearly twenty years. At where I'm at for the autism spectrum. I could work for Aspiritech. If I wanted to move to Chicago.
These trolls keep forgetting that I have several times pointed out that I do NOT collect welfare of any sorts. My husband has a job. I'm currently a housewife. Once our daughter gets old enough and gets a job and moves out. I will be going back to work. Though being physically crippled as in needing braces, and a cane. It will be harder to find one for my skill levels. Plus, we have enough pride NOT to go ask for govt assistance.
And they obviously think they know more than the doctor who formally diagnosed me with what was called Aspergers at the time I was diagnosed. They also falsely assume that being on the spectrum protects the body of the person from being injured or even getting sick.
sam

Saint-hubert, Canada

#33 Apr 6, 2014
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only that. These trolls assume that once a person is diagnosed with being on the spectrum. That the person supposedly gets automatically shoved into taking welfare. That supposedly all on the spectrum get welfare payments. As in SSD.
This isn't canada. In America, married folks do NOT get SSD. Since the govt figures that the either the person or the spouse has a job to support that person. Plus, it isn't up to the govt to make the person apply for it. That in America is up to the person and or their family to do the application.
And there are jobs for folks on the spectrum. Heck, my longest held job was for nearly twenty years. At where I'm at for the autism spectrum. I could work for Aspiritech. If I wanted to move to Chicago.
These trolls keep forgetting that I have several times pointed out that I do NOT collect welfare of any sorts. My husband has a job. I'm currently a housewife. Once our daughter gets old enough and gets a job and moves out. I will be going back to work. Though being physically crippled as in needing braces, and a cane. It will be harder to find one for my skill levels. Plus, we have enough pride NOT to go ask for govt assistance.
And they obviously think they know more than the doctor who formally diagnosed me with what was called Aspergers at the time I was diagnosed. They also falsely assume that being on the spectrum protects the body of the person from being injured or even getting sick.
so basically we getting advice on vaccines from a housewife who claims to be on autism spectrum and crippled. thanks for the advice. now i trust vaccines...
ric99

Lincoln, UK

#34 Apr 6, 2014
Canadian Sam still has no scientific evidence, so he attacks Sangelia who, judging from her posts is far more intelligent than he is. Canadian Sam doesn't seem to be able to understand simple words even; Sangelia said that she was formally DIAGNOSED with Aspergers, so she DID NOT CLAIM to be on the autistic spectrum.
ricDUH14

Winnipeg, Canada

#35 Apr 6, 2014
ric99 wrote:
Canadian Sam still has no scientific evidence, so he attacks Sangelia who, judging from her posts is far more intelligent than he is. Canadian Sam doesn't seem to be able to understand simple words even; Sangelia said that she was formally DIAGNOSED with Aspergers, so she DID NOT CLAIM to be on the autistic spectrum.
That's not what she said at all Hawkinz

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Book Explores Drinking, Drug Abuse, and Add... Wed Denver NeVaar 1
News Are You an 'Anti-Vaxxer'? Your Friends Are on T... Oct 15 friend 5
News 'The Pathological Optimist' profiles a notoriou... Oct 12 Vaccinfartion 9
News Study claims vaccines-autism link; scientists f... Oct 12 The Wakefield Tre... 1
News Study lights up anti-vaxxers' twitter habits Oct 12 friend lies 3
Looking for Similar Mothers of children w/ Auti... (Jul '08) Oct 7 Bill Chaffee 132
News Autistic characters lead TV's 'Good Doctor' and... Oct 6 Vacines the cause 1
More from around the web