Implications for genetic link to autism

Implications for genetic link to autism

There are 9 comments on the Examiner.com story from Jul 29, 2014, titled Implications for genetic link to autism. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

Researchers have broken new ground in understanding a cause of autism , with results published in the July 3rd, 2014 edition of Cell magazine.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

PROFIT FIRST

Winnipeg, Canada

#1 Jul 30, 2014
Ou of 6176 vaccine victims only 15 had CHD8 mutated. The others likely ha other mutations. But they consider 15 out f 6176 significant. No wonder we can't get valid information from stooges like this.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#2 Jul 30, 2014
The significance, which clearly is beyond anti vaxxers, is of the 6176 there's a huge potential of misdiagnosis. Hello. The results could lead the way to a "genetics-first approach" that could uncover hundreds more genetic mutations and lead to genetic testing.

Same study that was posted last week, still a bad week for anti vaxxers.
Comprehension ZERO

Winnipeg, Canada

#3 Jul 30, 2014
friend wrote:
The significance, which clearly is beyond anti vaxxers, is of the 6176 there's a huge potential of misdiagnosis. Hello. The results could lead the way to a "genetics-first approach" that could uncover hundreds more genetic mutations and lead to genetic testing.
Same study that was posted last week, still a bad week for anti vaxxers.
CRAPOLA Then why haven't they properly diagnosed them and WHY were they looking for the mutation only 15 had? Whatever they were looking for they apparently didn't find it. Sounds like some amateur researchers to me.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#4 Jul 30, 2014
Everyone knows the DSM (based on interpretations of behavior) leaves a huge margin for misdiagnosis, especially when more than half of the autism rates are PDD-NOS. And hello, they weren't looking for the CHD8, while they were doing a gene study they found it and 15 having it is a big deal.
Buh Wah Ha Ha

Winnipeg, Canada

#5 Jul 30, 2014
friend wrote:
Everyone knows the DSM (based on interpretations of behavior) leaves a huge margin for misdiagnosis, especially when more than half of the autism rates are PDD-NOS. And hello, they weren't looking for the CHD8, while they were doing a gene study they found it and 15 having it is a big deal.
Stay on topic. its about genetic mutation not DSM garbage.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#6 Jul 31, 2014
It's very much on topic, had you read the article which stated medical tests are right around the corner and genetic testing prior to having children. Genetic testing will then of course eliminate all those quack doctors like Sears who gave McCarthy's son an autism diagnosis regardless of the childs Landau-Kleffner Syndrome diagnosis for the sole purpose of the two of them making profits.
DUH IM friend

Winnipeg, Canada

#7 Jul 31, 2014
friend wrote:
It's very much on topic, had you read the article which stated medical tests are right around the corner and genetic testing prior to having children. Genetic testing will then of course eliminate all those quack doctors like Sears who gave McCarthy's son an autism diagnosis regardless of the childs Landau-Kleffner Syndrome diagnosis for the sole purpose of the two of them making profits.
more duh from friend. Saying its "around the corner" shows what trash the story is. They are POTENTIAL tests that have not been invented or tested for validity. Just shows you buy every piece of media rubbish hook line and sinker.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#8 Jul 31, 2014
Those tests one day will be. Fragile X was disacovered in 1943, and it wasn't until 1969 that science first discovered the gene that causes it. Finding genes isn't an over night thing, it can take years just as it did for finding the inherited genes for breast cancer.
Be in denial all you want, no one cares. But what you deny today will one day bite you in the behind.
HILARIOUS NONSENSE

Winnipeg, Canada

#9 Jul 31, 2014
friend wrote:
Those tests one day will be. Fragile X was disacovered in 1943, and it wasn't until 1969 that science first discovered the gene that causes it. Finding genes isn't an over night thing, it can take years just as it did for finding the inherited genes for breast cancer.
Be in denial all you want, no one cares. But what you deny today will one day bite you in the behind.
They one day will be. Buh wah ha ha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2015 autism facts, figures, and the progress be... 22 hr Autistic license 8
Looking for Similar Mothers of children w/ Auti... (Jul '08) Wed Mother 119
News How Autistic People Helped Shape the Modern World Wed Friend 17
News Newer genetic testing methods may provide benef... Wed Friend 1
News Why Science Needs "Neurodiversity," Autism Incl... Sep 1 VACCINE INJURY 1
News What If the Diagnosis of Autism Is Wrong? Sep 1 VACCINE INJURY 1
News Why won't she talk? One mother's journey to fin... Aug 31 friend 10
More from around the web