My brother's socially challenged - is he autistic?

Feb 20, 2012 Full story: Globe and Mail 22

The question: Is my adult brother autistic? He's 23 years old and socially very dense, missing out on even the most blatant clues.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#2 Feb 20, 2012
Where in this article did it give this 23 yr olds vaccine history?
No where.
Another flaw with this person wondering about autism is they are just noticing this at age 23? No one noticed during this persons childhood?

Location hidden

#5 Feb 20, 2012
It's just one "dumbo" assuming vaccine damage of someone he's never met.

Since: Dec 11

havelock, nc

#6 Feb 20, 2012
friend wrote:
Where in this article did it give this 23 yr olds vaccine history?
No where.
Another flaw with this person wondering about autism is they are just noticing this at age 23? No one noticed during this persons childhood?
Sometimes people noticed it but didn't know enough about autism(they associate it with being intellectually disabled, a savant, or some other extreme stereotype) to put a name to it. And then if you weren't a behavior problem in school(I was mostly very quiet and kept to myself) none of the teachers feel like they need to intervene(someone with mild hyperactivity might have much less severe issues, but they get people's attention). I wasn't diagnosed until an adult, but if I was a kid now, with the increase in awareness, it would have been pretty obvious.

Location hidden

#7 Feb 21, 2012
There's simply not enough back ground info to know one way or the other by what was presented in the question about the brother. Now had the person said something to the effect "he always has had this problem" or "we knew something was always off with the brother" would be different.
Other potential causes could very well be social phobia, generalized anxiety disorder, depression, panic disorder or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and other mental health conditions, or the person plain doesn't care about social awareness. But it certainly is not related to vaccines.
Vaccines Cause Autism

Winnipeg, Canada

#8 Feb 21, 2012
friend wrote:
There's simply not enough back ground info to know one way or the other by what was presented in the question about the brother. Now had the person said something to the effect "he always has had this problem" or "we knew something was always off with the brother" would be different.
Other potential causes could very well be social phobia, generalized anxiety disorder, depression, panic disorder or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and other mental health conditions, or the person plain doesn't care about social awareness. But it certainly is not related to vaccines.
Wrong as usual

Location hidden

#9 Feb 21, 2012
Typical anti vaxxer blank response.

Location hidden

#11 Feb 21, 2012
Sounds better than yours did.

Location hidden

#13 Feb 22, 2012
Then stop reading it.

Location hidden

#15 Feb 22, 2012
More one liner childish remarks. If there is no way to determine if this brother has ASD, there is no way for you to determine any thing else that's medically worng with him. The sister isn't lookig for cause, she's looking for diagnosis.

Location hidden

#17 Feb 22, 2012
So now you're a doctor??!! How funny is that. Guess we'll call you Dr. Quack, since you're just so highly qualified to diagnose anyone.

Location hidden

#19 Feb 22, 2012
I have never self-proclaimed any such thing. You have.
Just what everyone needs, is a forum-quack.

Location hidden

#21 Feb 22, 2012
Sorry, I wasn't the one handing out diagnosis to people I never met. You were. Thanks for the display!

Location hidden

#23 Feb 22, 2012
Another childish reply. Maybe the sister can sue you for practicing with out a license.
Says it All

Winnipeg, Canada

#25 Mar 27, 2012
friend going on and on while no one listens. So sad.

Location hidden

#26 Mar 27, 2012
You're only on this forum because you're an attention seeker, even if it means you bring attention to your own deleted posts!
Says it All

Winnipeg, Canada

#27 Mar 27, 2012
friend wrote:
You're only on this forum because you're an attention seeker, even if it means you bring attention to your own deleted posts!
What deleted post? I don't see any. Where's the evidence ORAC

Location hidden

#28 Mar 27, 2012
The 11 deleted posts of yours. The evidence is in counting.
Says it All

Winnipeg, Canada

#29 Mar 27, 2012
friend wrote:
The 11 deleted posts of yours. The evidence is in counting.
Quit attention seeking.

Location hidden

#30 Mar 27, 2012
Keep posting.... making fun of an autism forum. I'll enjoy seeing more deleted posts.
Says it All

Winnipeg, Canada

#31 Mar 27, 2012
friend wrote:
Keep posting.... making fun of an autism forum. I'll enjoy seeing more deleted posts.
How does one "see deleted posts"?Thats a special talent. Aspergers?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vaccinations do more good than harm: reader opi... Fri VACCINES CAUSE AU... 6
Maternal exposure to air pollution linked to of... Fri Vaccine Caused 2
'Vaccines could turn your child GAY,' claims an... Thu Friend 3
For Once the Anti-Vaxxers Aren't (Entirely) to ... Thu Vaccine Caused 6
Preeclampsia During Mother's Pregnancy Associat... Wed Parasite epidemic 3
CDC whistleblower tells the world he was ordere... Dec 17 VACCINES CAUSE AU... 9
Dr. Andrew Wakefield speaks out about CDC scien... Dec 17 VACCINES CAUSE AU... 8
More from around the web