UCLA researchers discover how autism protein causes abnormal brain function

Jun 2, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Examiner.com

The most common genetic disorder that can cause an inherited form of autism and intellectual impairment is the Fragile X syndrome .

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of51
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Ray

Brossard, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Jun 8, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Vaccines Cause Autism wrote:
Trash. Calling it the autism protein is bull. Its about fragile x ONLY and its 1 in 3,600-4,000 sufferers. Its also about mice, sorry mice aren't humans. It ignores the 1 in 50 autism sufferers who DON"T have fragile x. No credibility or relevance. Only a pro-vac would drool over this garbage.
very well said. They gonflate fragile-x, put autism in that phrase since some similarities and add genetic in that phrase again and you have the public fooled as autism, regressive autism and the vaccines damage is all a genetic defect.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Jun 8, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

3

It is the most common known single-gene cause of autism and the most common inherited cause of mental retardation. There is no getting past that fact, no matter what you say. Just why do you think they keep looking at those with Fragile X????
Vaccines Cause ADHD

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Jun 8, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

ric99 wrote:
First the Winnipeg dummy states that the link did not say ‘started with newborns’, when it clearly did, so not wanting to get egg all over his face, he tries to divert attention on to the bit about brain enlargement presumably being associated with progressive autism, as being “speculation and hypothesis only”. In fact it is not just “speculation and hypothesis”, as the study showed a strong correlation between boys with enlarged brains from birth and later diagnosis of regressive autism in the same boys. No such strong correlation was found between boys with enlarged brains from birth and boys who developed normally, or boys later diagnosed with early onset autism.
If the Winnipeg dummy did not suffer from a severe case of senile dementia, these simple words would have made sense to him….maybe.
You are so dumb. Its not progressive autism, its regressive. And you are the type to say correlation is not causation but now you say correlation is proof of something. Why don't you wait till you grow up and mature before talking science with adults. Your tantrums, whining and name calling are an embarrassment to the forums. Aren't there forums for 13 year olds somewhere on the web?
ric99

Boston, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Jun 8, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

ric99: One mis-type.

The Winnipeg dummy: Countless hundreds of mis-types, mis-spellings, infantile grammar, etc.

Who is the dumb one?

If a strong correlation occurs between a possible cause (brain enlargement from birth) and an effect (regressive autism in boys), but does not occur in normal development boys or early onset autism boys, then brain enlargement from birth is highly likely to be the cause of the regressive autism in the boys.

On the other hand when the weak correlation between vaccination and boys who are later diagnosed with regressive autism is no different from the correlation between non-vaccination and boys who are later diagnosed with regressive autism (as is the case), then it is extremely unlikely that vaccination is a genuine cause of the regressive autism.

That is REAL science, unlike the quackery perpetrated by the Winnipeg dummy.
Vaccines Cause ADHD

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Jun 8, 2013
 

Judged:

3

ric99 wrote:
ric99: One mis-type.
The Winnipeg dummy: Countless hundreds of mis-types, mis-spellings, infantile grammar, etc.
Who is the dumb one?
If a strong correlation occurs between a possible cause (brain enlargement from birth) and an effect (regressive autism in boys), but does not occur in normal development boys or early onset autism boys, then brain enlargement from birth is highly likely to be the cause of the regressive autism in the boys.
On the other hand when the weak correlation between vaccination and boys who are later diagnosed with regressive autism is no different from the correlation between non-vaccination and boys who are later diagnosed with regressive autism (as is the case), then it is extremely unlikely that vaccination is a genuine cause of the regressive autism.
That is REAL science, unlike the quackery perpetrated by the Winnipeg dummy.
DUH Hawkins. When a report says POSSIBLE thats not proof its hypothetic and opinion. Look up the definition of proof. You won't see the words opinion OR hypothetic or possible in it.
ric99

Boston, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Jun 9, 2013
 

Judged:

4

2

2

Still no scientific evidence from the Winnipeg dummy.

His comment about the word "POSSIBLE" is rich, coming from someone who readily believes the IMPOSSIBLE.

Science has shown beyond any doubt that autism rates in vaccinated kids is exactly the same as autism rates in unvaccinated kids, yet the Winnipeg dummy still insists that vaccines cause autism. His logic(?) is the worst type of quack science POSSIBLE.
Vaccines Cause ADHD

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Jun 9, 2013
 

Judged:

2

ric99 wrote:
Still no scientific evidence from the Winnipeg dummy.
His comment about the word "POSSIBLE" is rich, coming from someone who readily believes the IMPOSSIBLE.
Science has shown beyond any doubt that autism rates in vaccinated kids is exactly the same as autism rates in unvaccinated kids, yet the Winnipeg dummy still insists that vaccines cause autism. His logic(?) is the worst type of quack science POSSIBLE.
DUH. Wrong Hawckins
ric99

Lincoln, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Jun 9, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Just because the Winnipeg dummy declares the peer reviewed studies showing no link between vaccines and autism to be "junk science", without giving a scrap of scientific reasoning for his absurd pronouncement, it doesn't make cast iron fact.

The only one who is wrong is the Winnipeg dummy. I doubt whether he ever passed a science exam in his life.
PHARMAGEDDON

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Jun 9, 2013
 

Judged:

2

ric99 wrote:
Just because the Winnipeg dummy declares the peer reviewed studies showing no link between vaccines and autism to be "junk science", without giving a scrap of scientific reasoning for his absurd pronouncement, it doesn't make cast iron fact.
The only one who is wrong is the Winnipeg dummy. I doubt whether he ever passed a science exam in his life.
Wrong Hakinsz
ric99

Boston, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Jun 10, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

If I am wrong, where is the Winnipeg dummy's scientific reasoning for declaring that the peer reviewed scientific studies are all "junk science"?

Put up, or shut up.
PHARMAGEDDON

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Jun 13, 2013
 

Judged:

3

ric99 wrote:
If I am wrong, where is the Winnipeg dummy's scientific reasoning for declaring that the peer reviewed scientific studies are all "junk science"?
Put up, or shut up.
PEER REVIEW is a joke. Just like medical journals like the LANCET has sold out to PHARMA, peer review is now a pathetic fraud that more likely means its corrupt rather than real and true. When you grow up you'll understand.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Jun 13, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

3

BAWAHAHAHAHA!!! What a typical anti vaxxer excuse. We'll remember this if any of them ever can come up with peer reviewed, and remind them oh no, it's a fraud!
Another VACCINE Victim

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Jun 13, 2013
 

Judged:

3

friend wrote:
BAWAHAHAHAHA!!! What a typical anti vaxxer excuse. We'll remember this if any of them ever can come up with peer reviewed, and remind them oh no, it's a fraud!
Stop by to say DUH?
ric99

Brigg, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Jun 14, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

So where is the Winnipeg dummy's evidence for declaring that the peer reviewed scientific studies are all fraudulent and corrupt. He doesn't have any. Not liking their conclusions is NOT evidence that they are fraudulent or corrupt.
DUH IM ric99

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Jun 14, 2013
 

Judged:

2

ric99 wrote:
So where is the Winnipeg dummy's evidence for declaring that the peer reviewed scientific studies are all fraudulent and corrupt. He doesn't have any. Not liking their conclusions is NOT evidence that they are fraudulent or corrupt.
Its called COMMON KNOWLEDGE Hawkkinz
ric99

Boston, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Jun 15, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

A few centuries ago, it was COMMON KNOWLEDGE that the sun was in orbit around the Earth.

A few centuries ago, it was COMMON KNOWLEDGE that many diseases were caused by witchcraft.

Now it is COMMON KNOWLEDGE, but only among anti-vaxxers like the Winnipeg dummy, that peer reviewed scientific studies are all fraudulent and corrupt..

Conclusion: COMMON KNOWLEDGE is NOT evidence, idiot.
frienDUH

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Jun 16, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

ric99 wrote:
A few centuries ago, it was COMMON KNOWLEDGE that the sun was in orbit around the Earth.
A few centuries ago, it was COMMON KNOWLEDGE that many diseases were caused by witchcraft.
Now it is COMMON KNOWLEDGE, but only among anti-vaxxers like the Winnipeg dummy, that peer reviewed scientific studies are all fraudulent and corrupt..
Conclusion: COMMON KNOWLEDGE is NOT evidence, idiot.
Just like WE THOUGHT COMMON KNOWLEDGE WAS vaccines are safe and they work. Now knowledge is shisting to vaccines are faulty, fraudulent and they maim and kill.
ric99

Scunthorpe, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
Jun 16, 2013
 

Judged:

4

2

2

So where is the evidence that vaccines cause autism?

The Winnipeg dummy doesn't have any.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#44
Jun 16, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

3

He has no evidence that vaccines are faulty, fraudulent and they maim and kill, let a lone causing autism.
DUH IM ric99

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
Jul 3, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

ric99 wrote:
First the Winnipeg dummy states that the link did not say ‘started with newborns’, when it clearly did, so not wanting to get egg all over his face, he tries to divert attention on to the bit about brain enlargement presumably being associated with progressive autism, as being “speculation and hypothesis only”. In fact it is not just “speculation and hypothesis”, as the study showed a strong correlation between boys with enlarged brains from birth and later diagnosis of regressive autism in the same boys. No such strong correlation was found between boys with enlarged brains from birth and boys who developed normally, or boys later diagnosed with early onset autism.
If the Winnipeg dummy did not suffer from a severe case of senile dementia, these simple words would have made sense to him….maybe.
Trash from the lover of trash science. I can't even understand this rubbish.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of51
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Autism Forum right now

Search the Autism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What is Aspergers Syndrome? (Sep '11) 10 min VETTED 192
This week in health: Mandatory vaccines, brutal... 43 min friend 3
How Two Companies Accidentally Committed Anti-V... 15 hr friend is a moron 2
Jenny McCarthy 'irresponsible' for telling pare... 20 hr stool sample 3
Special court rules against families who claim ... (Feb '09) Thu 100 percent frienduh 127
Autism may be tied to flawed prenatal brain growth Thu 100 percent Sangelia duh 46
U.S. autism rates rise another 30 percent Thu 100 percent 5
•••
•••
•••
•••