US: Congress hearing on vaccines is a...

US: Congress hearing on vaccines is a farce of dangerous antivax nonsense.

There are 103 comments on the Crofs Blogs story from Dec 5, 2012, titled US: Congress hearing on vaccines is a farce of dangerous antivax nonsense.. In it, Crofs Blogs reports that:

Via Slate.com, Phil Plait blogs at Bad Astronomy: Congress hearing on vaccines is a farce of dangerous antivax nonsense .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Crofs Blogs.

Curious

Harold, KY

#25 Aug 2, 2013
ric99 wrote:
Unbiased research has been carried out, and it clearly shows that autism rates among MMR vaccinated kids is no higher than among unvaccinated kids. This would not be the case if MMR vaccination caused autism.
It has? Really? Do you think the educated public is not aware of what has been going on?
I can show you some TRUTH when it comes to specific drug companies manipulating their studies, tests, and data to make a product something that it is not. To be so close-minded and unconcerned shows a lack of genuine conviction on the topic at hand.
CLEARLY SHOWS
Vaccines R A FARCE

Winnipeg, Canada

#27 Aug 6, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
It has? Really? Do you think the educated public is not aware of what has been going on?
I can show you some TRUTH when it comes to specific drug companies manipulating their studies, tests, and data to make a product something that it is not. To be so close-minded and unconcerned shows a lack of genuine conviction on the topic at hand.
CLEARLY SHOWS
ric99 is full of bull
Curious

Harold, KY

#28 Aug 8, 2013
Curious

Harold, KY

#29 Aug 8, 2013
Autism Omnibus Proceeding

Beginning around 2001, hundreds and then thousands families began to petition NVICP claiming that their children’s autism resulted from vaccination.(See the article The History of Anti-vaccination Movements, and specifically the section “The Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) Vaccine Controversy” for a discussion of the origin of these claims.) To deal with the volume of these petitions, and to address the assertion that a causal relationship existed between vaccination and autism, the NVICP established a special program in 2002 called the Omnibus Autism Proceeding, housed within the U.S. Court of Federal Claims Office of Special Masters.

The OAP consolidated many of the autism claims into three test cases that rested on different theories of causation. The first test case addressed the issue of whether measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine alone or given along with thimerosal-containing vaccines (TCVs) is a causal factor in development of autism.(Thimerosal is an ethylmercury compound that was a common preservative in some killed vaccines.) The second test case examined TCVs alone. The third test case was to look solely at MMR vaccines, but the case was withdrawn after parties announced that they would rely on the findings of the first test case.

A special master issued the first opinion in the OAP on theory one in 2009. The ruling found, in three test cases consolidated into theory one, that MMR vaccine given alone or with TCVs is not a causal factor in autism. Theory two was decided in 2010, with a finding of no causal relation between TCVs and autism. Appeals by petitioners in the two test cases have been unsuccessful, and autism has not been added to the VIT for any vaccine.

Petitioners remaining in the OAP must submit new evidence or theories of causation of autism by vaccines, abide by the existing rulings as their cases are dismissed by the OAP, or exit the program to pursue other legal options. To date, no other theories of causes have been ruled upon, though petitioners are attempting to advance them.
Vaccines Maim Kill

Winnipeg, Canada

#30 Aug 8, 2013
Curious wrote:
Autism Omnibus Proceeding
Beginning around 2001, hundreds and then thousands families began to petition NVICP claiming that their children’s autism resulted from vaccination.(See the article The History of Anti-vaccination Movements, and specifically the section “The Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) Vaccine Controversy” for a discussion of the origin of these claims.) To deal with the volume of these petitions, and to address the assertion that a causal relationship existed between vaccination and autism, the NVICP established a special program in 2002 called the Omnibus Autism Proceeding, housed within the U.S. Court of Federal Claims Office of Special Masters.
The OAP consolidated many of the autism claims into three test cases that rested on different theories of causation. The first test case addressed the issue of whether measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine alone or given along with thimerosal-containing vaccines (TCVs) is a causal factor in development of autism.(Thimerosal is an ethylmercury compound that was a common preservative in some killed vaccines.) The second test case examined TCVs alone. The third test case was to look solely at MMR vaccines, but the case was withdrawn after parties announced that they would rely on the findings of the first test case.
A special master issued the first opinion in the OAP on theory one in 2009. The ruling found, in three test cases consolidated into theory one, that MMR vaccine given alone or with TCVs is not a causal factor in autism. Theory two was decided in 2010, with a finding of no causal relation between TCVs and autism. Appeals by petitioners in the two test cases have been unsuccessful, and autism has not been added to the VIT for any vaccine.
Petitioners remaining in the OAP must submit new evidence or theories of causation of autism by vaccines, abide by the existing rulings as their cases are dismissed by the OAP, or exit the program to pursue other legal options. To date, no other theories of causes have been ruled upon, though petitioners are attempting to advance them.
This helps them say autism rates are low. Just deny it. Oh yeah vaccines cause COINCIDENCES.
Curious

Harold, KY

#31 Aug 8, 2013
Last paragraph is your answer...NEW theories and evidence! It's there!

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#32 Aug 8, 2013
That's not at all what the last paragraph states or means.
What the last paragraph states is " 'must' submit new evidence or theories of causation of autism by vaccines".
The word must does not at all mean that anyone actually has new evidence or theories. It's telling of the options to the remaining in the OAP, one of them also being exit the program. It does state 'To date, no other theories of causes have been ruled upon, though petitioners are attempting to advance them.' We all now what the current theories and evidence as of to date and so far, science isn't on their side of evidence.
WRONG BOZO

Winnipeg, Canada

#33 Aug 8, 2013
Curious wrote:
Last paragraph is your answer...NEW theories and evidence! It's there!
says abide by previous rulings that means they will use that to deny most
Curious

Harold, KY

#34 Aug 8, 2013
I think that it provides an opportunity to prove that these vaccines are responsible for altering neurologic tissues within the brain. Based on what I know about viruses and our body's natural response to them, specific antibodies that our body relases can be bypassed by the injection of the vaccines directly into the body.
IgA in secretory tissues usually initiates an immune response that is more similar to a natural infiltration of a virus through ordinary means (air, droplets, etc.) This first step is negated when vaccines are administered.
The million dollar question is why are certain children having an immune response that is so unlike others that the toxic agents from the immune response is causing cellular damage in neurological tissues? This is where more research needs to be done. Cellular neurotoxicoloy is the key to understanding how these responses are affecting the myelin sheath of specific neurological tissues and preventing the ordinary transmission between them.
Curious

Harold, KY

#35 Aug 8, 2013
Many viruses have a tendency to reside with nervous tissues...for example, consider cold sores. It seems that prolonged stress can have an effect on nervous transmission that causes these viruses to produce symptomatic lesions around the mouth...I feel this is a part of a normal immune response and our body is doing its fair share when we see this...and it's quite a relief when they finally heal...however, cold sores come back...time and time again.
What is it about virology that needs to be explored further in order to understand how vaccines can be improved, made more effective, and less harmful for our children? It could be long, hard, tedious, and expensive work...but for the future of our children, it is worth it. Sweeping possibilities under a carpet of legalities is only protecting profits and egos...it's time to change all that!
Curious

Harold, KY

#36 Aug 8, 2013
Hey...I'm just a concerned citizen and health care professional. To see someone place a judgement on the things that I'm saying here as "nuts", "funny", or "clueless" is disturbing in many ways...but you know, I suppose my integrity and what I feel in my heart to be right is more important. I'm not looking for money...I don't have a child with autism...and I sure as hell am not supporting a group of lawyers for those victimized to come forward and try to wreak havoc on the powers that be.
When I see a child suffering from autism...and see the challenges their families have to endure...and talking with them I see they aren't after a settlement...they just want answers and further research to be done...and realize that my love and faith in humanity are restored and still intact...it makes all my work worthwhile. Our future and our children are worth it!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lost everything

Harold, KY

#37 Aug 8, 2013
Curious wrote:
Hey...I'm just a concerned citizen and health care professional. To see someone place a judgement on the things that I'm saying here as "nuts", "funny", or "clueless" is disturbing in many ways...but you know, I suppose my integrity and what I feel in my heart to be right is more important. I'm not looking for money...I don't have a child with autism...and I sure as hell am not supporting a group of lawyers for those victimized to come forward and try to wreak havoc on the powers that be.
When I see a child suffering from autism...and see the challenges their families have to endure...and talking with them I see they aren't after a settlement...they just want answers and further research to be done...and realize that my love and faith in humanity are restored and still intact...it makes all my work worthwhile. Our future and our children are worth it!
Well, after reading through all of this, I can certainly say that I think I think you're winning an argument that has been as controversial as any other in the field of healthcare. I applaud your sense of conviction.
Also, if you're a local practitioner, I would certainly want you to be behind the knife if I'm lying on the table. Don't let these paid off bozos dishearten you because it's for all the right reasons. I don't know who you are but I wish that I did. Take care.

A fellow healthcare pro who lost it all...but gained back more.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Vaccines Cause Autism

Winnipeg, Canada

#38 Aug 8, 2013
Curious wrote:
I think that it provides an opportunity to prove that these vaccines are responsible for altering neurologic tissues within the brain. Based on what I know about viruses and our body's natural response to them, specific antibodies that our body relases can be bypassed by the injection of the vaccines directly into the body.
IgA in secretory tissues usually initiates an immune response that is more similar to a natural infiltration of a virus through ordinary means (air, droplets, etc.) This first step is negated when vaccines are administered.
The million dollar question is why are certain children having an immune response that is so unlike others that the toxic agents from the immune response is causing cellular damage in neurological tissues? This is where more research needs to be done. Cellular neurotoxicoloy is the key to understanding how these responses are affecting the myelin sheath of specific neurological tissues and preventing the ordinary transmission between them.
Those who caused the numerous epidemics know this. But science doesn't mind the carnage, because they will try to fix that too. In the mean time denial and stall tactics have destroy thousands of children.

Location hidden

#39 Aug 8, 2013
Location tells all. Just another name-change just like Winnipeg.

Hate to tell you, due to how the preponderance of the evidence works in vaccine court, it is only about a settlement for those who filed a claim. Vaccine Court isn't there to find answers, it's all about the preponderance of the evidence to gain a settlement. In the scientific world, court cases play very little is the reality of actual known cause.
Answers don't come from a court. Answers come from science.

It's condescending and belittling to those with autism and their families to refer to any person with autism as a victim or suffering. Being in the medical profession then one should know there are far worse things a child can have than autism, and many with autism can achieve far more than a typical person ever does. I do have a child with autism, my struggles are far less than those I know with typical teenagers. I know I will never have to endure much of what those parents go through. I know many people with learning disabilities and don't have autism. It's not the end of the world. My child is not some suffering victim, and vaccines did not cause his autism, and we don't live the 'poor us' blame game. People as such seem to encourage that line of living.

It's people as such who make out autism to be some horrible thing and families will struggle no matter what. I hate to inform you, families have challenges every day who don't have a child with autism. Children with autism often achieve great things, many are above their peers academically, and most are far more well-behaved than their typical peers.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
friend is clueless

Winnipeg, Canada

#43 Aug 8, 2013
friend wrote:
Hate to tell you, due to how the preponderance of the evidence works in vaccine court, it is only about a settlement for those who filed a claim. Vaccine Court isn't there to find answers, it's all about the preponderance of the evidence to gain a settlement. In the scientific world, court cases play very little is the reality of actual known cause.
It's condescending and belittling to those with autism and their families to refer to any person with autism as a victim or suffering. Being in the medical profession then one should know there are far worse things a child can have than autism, and many with autism can achieve far more than a typical person ever does. I do have a child with autism, my struggles are far less than those I know with typical teenagers. I know I will never have to endure much of what those parents go through. I know many people with learning disabilities and don't have autism. It's not the end of the world. My child is not some suffering victim, and vaccines did not cause his autism, and we don't live the 'poor us' blame game. People as such seem to encourage that line of living.
It's people as such who make out autism to be some horrible thing and families will struggle no matter what. I hate to inform you, families have challenges every day who don't have a child with autism. Children with autism often achieve great things, many are above their peers academically, and most are far more well-behaved than their typical peers.
A duh moment
Curious

Harold, KY

#44 Aug 8, 2013
friend wrote:
LOL...location tells everything, huh? I suppose that's why your location is hidden? I'm sorry you have a child with autism...but I'm happy you are grateful for your child's abilities to move forward with their disability. However, the spectrum of autism is very broad...and many children do not have the functional abilities that your child possesses. What about them? Their struggles and those of their families is worth looking into this entire thing more closely and without such a bias for the close-mindedness of looking over how this disease is growing. It is growing rapidly...you cannot deny the sheer numbers involved. Of course there are a lot of diseases and diagnosis that could be worse...but belittling the problem and saying it's not all that bad is just a reflection of your lack of concern. Your reply is troubling and it lacks any regard for empathy. Shame on you!:_(

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#45 Aug 8, 2013
Funny you mention those sheer numbers. According to those CDC rates, more than half are mild autism, and the current rates were obtained by parent survey. My child of course is not mild.
I never said autism wasn't all that bad. Leave it to an anti vaxxer to not get it right. Autism isn't the end of the world and many are capable of many things. There are many interventions that greatly help those with autism, so one cannot predict anyone's future based on your idea of suffering and being a victim. Try telling that directly to one who has autism. You would completely destroy any confidence that person has within themselves. You're the one who made blank open ended statements about those who have autism, lumping all together. I, on the other hand gave you an example of what those with autism are capable of. Something you for whatever reason fail to see or acknowlegde.

Empathy isn't required for facts. Bottom line is, you support vaccine cause regardless that there is no evidence to support it and are biased and closed minded to anything else being the cause. You support vaccine court (and so do I who are truly vaccine injured) however vaccine court is about dollar compensation. It isn't there to find answers. It's there to fork over money. And from your very one copy and paste,'submit new evidence or theories of causation of autism by vaccines' science doesn't back it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Curious

Harold, KY

#46 Aug 8, 2013
friend wrote:
That's it, isn't it? You have a highly functional autistic child. You're blessed!
I don't think you "hate" to inform me of anything. I think you hate it more that there are children with autism that are not as functional as your child and they share the same disease. If nothing is done, autism continues to grow and becomes so prevalent that everyone learns to deal with it the same way that you are? I don't think that is the way someone should cope with their child being affected in any way, shape or form. I think there is good in each and every one of us...but when something such as autism may have a potential to be prevented and we do nothing to see what the connections may be, it makes me feel as though you want everyone to be the parent of an autistic child?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Curious

Harold, KY

#47 Aug 8, 2013
...and please...don't question my support and admiration of those who are affected. This brings tears to my eyes.

Curious

Harold, KY

#48 Aug 8, 2013
This is what inspires me to do more!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jim Carrey apologizes for using photos kids' ph... (Jul '15) Sun C Kersey 2
News Aluminum Vaccine Adjuvant Toxicity and Mercury ... Apr 15 VACCINES MAIM KILL 1
News Politics, not parenting, to blame for 'vaccinat... Apr 11 VACCINES MAIM KILL 1
Looking for Similar Mothers of children w/ Auti... (Jul '08) Apr 11 DanicaZunich 133
News His first words were 'Mercury, Venus, Earth' Apr 1 VACCINES MAIM KILL 1
News Man lives with Autism (Jul '09) Mar 25 Autism mama 19
Flying international with a child with autism Mar '18 TGall 1