Would you date someone who has Asperg...

Would you date someone who has Asperger's Syndrome?

Posted in the Autism Forum

Jenny

Findlay, OH

#1 Nov 7, 2012
I have Asperger's, and I have a more severe case of it. I have a lot of trouble socializing, I tend to say the wrong/inappropriate things without realizing it, and just about everything else that comes with Asperger's. I'm not stupid, in fact I have an above average IQ. I'm currently in school to pursue a degree to become a forensic scientist. Like most people with Asperger's, I have one main interest that I'm obsessed with. My obsession is with science. Often the only thing that I want to talk about is science. I'm 19 and I've had 2 short term boyfriends in the past, but both left me because of my Asperger's. The first because he "didn't want to date a retard", which is very inaccurate since I have an above average IQ. The second left because he couldn't deal with certain aspects of my Asperger's, such as the fact that I dont like to attend parties because of my lack of social abilities and my strict routines. My question is, would you consider dating someone like me who has Asperger's?

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#4 Nov 7, 2012
Since I am a mom, no, I'd never date you :) That said. Typical people have trouble with dating, not just those with a disability. Some typical people never marry or ever have a long term relationship.
I believe anyone can find that right person, and for some no matter who you are, it can take a while. I also know non disabled people who only like to talk about one topic, since it's what they know best and are comfortable with. Relationships can be difficult for anyone since it's a give-take thing. So people do have to adjust to talking about other topics, or the other person feels left out or not listened to. Not everyone likes to party, and not everyone is so insensitive to that R word being used. I think you'll find the right person, maybe you need to look for him in a different place. I'd suggest looking for Aspie forums.
DUH MOMENT

Winnipeg, Canada

#9 Dec 27, 2012
Aspergers doesn't exist. Its now autism which doesn't exist either. The real label should be vaccine injury disorder by pharma

Since: Dec 11

havelock, nc

#10 Dec 27, 2012
I would, but I have also have AS. I'm 25 and have never been in a relationship. I haven't been actively looking for one, though. If I found someone who's right for me then I don't think whether they are autistic or NT would matter.
Vaccines Cause Autism

Winnipeg, Canada

#13 Dec 28, 2012
Coldblooded wrote:
I would, but I have also have AS. I'm 25 and have never been in a relationship. I haven't been actively looking for one, though. If I found someone who's right for me then I don't think whether they are autistic or NT would matter.
Blame Pharma.

Since: Dec 11

havelock, nc

#14 Dec 29, 2012
For what?
PHARMAGEDDON

Winnipeg, Canada

#17 Jan 1, 2013
Coldblooded wrote:
For what?
Its a long list
Will Fare

Warwick, RI

#18 Jan 10, 2013
Coldblooded wrote:
You will be alone for a long time.
ADAMLANZAVACCINE VICTIM

Winnipeg, Canada

#19 Jan 10, 2013
Will Fare wrote:
<quoted text>
You will be alone for a long time.
like this scumbag
John

United States

#20 Mar 24, 2013
Jenny wrote:
I have Asperger's, and I have a more severe case of it. I have a lot of trouble socializing, I tend to say the wrong/inappropriate things without realizing it, and just about everything else that comes with Asperger's. I'm not stupid, in fact I have an above average IQ. I'm currently in school to pursue a degree to become a forensic scientist. Like most people with Asperger's, I have one main interest that I'm obsessed with. My obsession is with science. Often the only thing that I want to talk about is science. I'm 19 and I've had 2 short term boyfriends in the past, but both left me because of my Asperger's. The first because he "didn't want to date a retard", which is very inaccurate since I have an above average IQ. The second left because he couldn't deal with certain aspects of my Asperger's, such as the fact that I dont like to attend parties because of my lack of social abilities and my strict routines. My question is, would you consider dating someone like me who has Asperger's?
I'm 19 with Asperger's too, also interested in forensic science, so yeah, I would.
Vaccines Cause Autism

Winnipeg, Canada

#21 Mar 25, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm 19 with Asperger's too, also interested in forensic science, so yeah, I would.
Maybe Paul Offit has a daughter.
mary

Ballwin, MO

#22 Apr 3, 2014
yes i would i have high fucshining autism but im just 12 and a girl so wach out

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jim Carrey Misused Photo of This Woman's Autist... 13 hr anothervoice 10
News California cracking down on anti-vaxxers 14 hr friend 14
News 11 Countries with the Highest Rates of Autism i... 22 hr ric99 8
News California governor signs bill limiting school ... 23 hr friend 6
News Jim Carrey's reckless campaign angers parents o... Thu FEAR MONGERING 1
News Anti-Vaxxer Jim Carrey Lashes Out at California... Wed Friend 1
News Conspiracy Rumors Follow Apparent Suicide of 'A... Jun 29 Friend 1
More from around the web