Moved Rooms, Asthma Attacks Every Nig...

Moved Rooms, Asthma Attacks Every Night, Suggestions?

Posted in the Asthma Forum

Donovan

Fargo, ND

#1 Aug 17, 2010
I have had asthma since about 12 years old. It has historically been cold air asthma but as I get older it is also triggered by allergies (been pretty bad this year).

Last week my wife and I moved our bedroom into the lower level of our split level home. The room was cleaned top to bottom (shampooed carpets, dusted, etc) before we moved down there. Ever since then I have had attacks almost every night (four nights in a row now...seems to be building up worse and worse). I can typically get 4 hours of sleep and then I have to get my inhaler. It provides some releif but I usually need it several times in a night.

When I was 18 I had a similar move and the same thing happened so I just moved back upstairs.

I checked the humidity in the room and it is about 60%. It doesn't smell musty or anything but I read that under 50% kills mold spores, etc.

I am looking at buying a dehumidifier but a good one is about $250.

My sister who is also asthmatic suggested Advair but honestly I take enough pills (acid reflux, allergy, etc).

My wife would like to stay downstairs, seems dissappointed and wants to try some solutions other than moving back upstairs.

We have two dogs (actually they are my wife's dogs) that have not been a problem for 2 years. Dust never seemed to be a problem upstairs. The only thing that changed was moving downstairs (and seasonal allergies).

Does anyone have any experience with this? Any Suggestions?

Since: Aug 10

Fort Worth, TX

#2 Aug 18, 2010
It is possible the products you use to clean your house with. We have seen alot of people that chanage that to a safe products their asthma doesn't show up. If you like let me know and I can show you the info we have and see if its for you.

Ed
edcolliver@yahoo.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Asthma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Aerobic Fitness Improves Asthma Control in Kids (Sep '07) May 7 Dolores Brown 3
Recovery Time Apr '15 KelcieLe 2
News Study: once-daily Ultibro Breezhaler ... (Sep '14) Apr '15 dan 2
Video games to manage/fight asthma Apr '15 breathinglabs 1
Student Survey, University of Cambridge: Asthma Mar '15 breatheasy88 1
News Hospitalization for pneumonia associated with i... Feb '15 mbprabhu 2
Whats The Best Tea For Asthma Symptoms And Trea... (Mar '07) Feb '15 mbprabhu 37
More from around the web