Ground pepper may stop bleeding, but serious cuts need a doctor

There are 6 comments on the The Clarion-Ledger story from Jun 13, 2006, titled Ground pepper may stop bleeding, but serious cuts need a doctor. In it, The Clarion-Ledger reports that:

Q: Last night I sliced my finger on the inside of a can that I was rinsing out. It was a fairly significant cut.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Clarion-Ledger.

laurie maxson

Chicago, IL

#1 Oct 11, 2006
I am an RN and have managed over 600 coumadin patients. It has been my experience that alot of information given to patients on Coumadin, is not always accurate. Patients may use products with Vitamin K in them, including a multivitamin. When starting on Coumadin, you should never change your eating habits, your dose is regulated around your normal behavior. If your PT/INR cannot be adjusted, which is rare, then your managing personnel should inquire as to what you are eating that contains Vitamin K (such as green leafy vegetables).
Dede Lopresti

United States

#2 Oct 12, 2006
Laurie what information are we suppose to believe so many conflicting stories, doctors beliefs, clincs, etc the list goes on Do you feel it is our responsiblilty as the paitient or health care provider to research our meds to become more aware of what we are told to do? What are your views on coumidain resistant paitents... My husband has been told he is coumidan resistant???? New on e on me I have been in medicail research for 15 years and having a real big problem with all of the conflicting research. Awaiting someone who cares about lives being needlessly taken at the hands of this medication.
Lynn

Lewis Center, OH

#3 Oct 14, 2006
Dede Lopresti wrote:
Laurie what information are we suppose to believe so many conflicting stories, doctors beliefs, clincs, etc the list goes on Do you feel it is our responsiblilty as the paitient or health care provider to research our meds to become more aware of what we are told to do? What are your views on coumidain resistant paitents... My husband has been told he is coumidan resistant???? New on e on me I have been in medicail research for 15 years and having a real big problem with all of the conflicting research. Awaiting someone who cares about lives being needlessly taken at the hands of this medication.
DeDe - I read on another page you were going to talk about coumadin on Oprah. When?
Gum bleed

Mississauga, Canada

#4 Nov 18, 2007
Yesterday afternoon I went for a dental cleaning The bleeding still hasnt stopped and its close to 24 hours

what is the solution
Ulises

Huy, Belgium

#5 May 29, 2013
I have used http://qgeneric.info/#ekty for about 3 years and find their products to be reliable and speedily delivered. The Support team are very promt and helpful in solving any issues that arise,caused by my errors not the company's. I was a little sceptical initially about buying generic products rather than brand names. However, the Mens' Health products I have bought have been equally as efficatious as the brand names at a fraction of the cost.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#7 Jul 31, 2013
Our skin is our body’s largest organ and plays a major role in keeping you healthy.The natural way to heal your skin are- Cleaning with dirty chemicals, apply moisture. It supports healing action and prevent from the infection.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arthritis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Livingston Teen Living with Arthritis Helps to ... May 13 aspirub 1
News Treatment Tips (Jan '13) Apr 30 Angela K 5
News Patients grapple with high cost of arthritis me... Apr '15 bethwalker85 1
News Causes of joint pain (Oct '08) Apr '15 docv2011 12
News Ask Dr. Gott: Behcet's uncommon, troublesome (Mar '10) Apr '15 Behcets Awareness... 3
News When You Should (And Shouldn't) See A Chiropractor Apr '15 Dolores Brown 9
News Fremont Health Offers Seminar on Female Orthopa... Apr '15 jordennancy23 1
More from around the web