Ask Dr. Gott: Woman deals with skin l...

Ask Dr. Gott: Woman deals with skin lupus

There are 8 comments on the Monterey County Herald story from Jul 26, 2009, titled Ask Dr. Gott: Woman deals with skin lupus. In it, Monterey County Herald reports that:

Dear Dr. Gott: My daughter was recently diagnosed with skin lupus. What is skin lupus? How will it affect her? It's now on her face.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Monterey County Herald.

kathy cedarleaf

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Aug 1, 2009
I was wondering if anyone with discoid lupus has soars in their ears, on their scalp and in their tear ducts. I have had plugs put in my tear ducts and that has really helped my dry eyes, which they say can be caused by lupus. I am very flustrated with the types of treatment I have received to help with this problem. Can you tell me what types of medication is used for skin lupus.
thank you
Shirley Moore

Byhalia, MS

#2 Aug 6, 2009
I was diagonased with skin lupus about 3 years ago, I took medication for almost a year and got off of it.I had a sunburn on my upper arms and and got a rash and then sores. I don't get in the sun anymore,I also have arthritis. The medication caused me to have diahrea real bad, What should I expect . Should I be seeing a lupus doctor and get checkups, I havent been back to the doctor in 2 years
shannon

Gig Harbor, WA

#3 Aug 18, 2009
I have discoid lupus and I was wondering if anyone has been loosing there hair with it.
Valerie Bremner

Courtenay, Canada

#4 Mar 12, 2010
Nobody knows anything about skin lupus and drugs are worse than disease.
Laura

Belton, TX

#5 Jul 13, 2010
I have had cutaneous Lupus for several years now. It was determined through a biopsy of a soar the size of a quarter on my scalp that would not heal after about a year. The soar was a large pit with no hair very red flakey and itchy. I was given generic planquenil which made the hair grow back only thinner in the area. The medication did not cause me any discomfort at all. I was on the meds for a year and managed 1 more year without any problems. Since then same area has become active again spreading outward and I guess I will be put on the same medication hopefully with the same results.
Rebecca DeMartino

United States

#6 Aug 18, 2010
shannon wrote:
I have discoid lupus and I was wondering if anyone has been loosing there hair with it.
Yes, I too am losing my hair. I have had Discod and SLE Lupus for 25 yrs. The meds can cause hair lose alon with the condition itself. Sadly My Discoid is severe. We have ha success with Triamcinolone acetonide cream, usp, 0.5% and halobetasol 0.5% ointment 50gm.Use as directed, along with Sumbra clothing.( The clothing really helps keep the harmful sun exposure at bay.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#7 Oct 27, 2013
I have so many symptoms of lupus....butterfly rash on face, joint pain, hair loss, headaches, CHRONIC FATIGUE, swelling in ankles hands and feet, etc symptoms go on and on. I get low grade temp when butterfly rash flares up and i feel it coming on when my eyes get swollen and my face gets so hot! Then excruciating pain all over my body hits once my face get good and red. Problem is, i haven't been diagnosed due to negative ANA. Has anyone gotten a lupus diagnosis with negative ANA?
krossyomind

Garden City, MI

#8 Apr 29, 2016
rational nation wrote:
I have so many symptoms of lupus....butterfly rash on face, joint pain, hair loss, headaches, CHRONIC FATIGUE, swelling in ankles hands and feet, etc symptoms go on and on. I get low grade temp when butterfly rash flares up and i feel it coming on when my eyes get swollen and my face gets so hot! Then excruciating pain all over my body hits once my face get good and red. Problem is, i haven't been diagnosed due to negative ANA. Has anyone gotten a lupus diagnosis with negative ANA?
Yes! I have obvious discoid lupus and I was diagnosed by multiple doctors with a negative ANA, I've had lupus for about 10 years now. I take the plaqqi(Hydroxy) TMC gel now, haven't been using anything for the past 4 years and this is the worst I've had it. In the past year I've used "Rick Simpson's oil" which seem to clear the middle of one of my spots. When I was first diagnosed I was also given the plaqqi(Hydroxy) and some other creams which did help my lesions, but the Rick Simpson's oil seemed to work like magic over a couple of weeks. All I can say is do your research!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Arthritis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obesity in dogs sparks epidemic of canine arthr... 15 hr LIFELONG IMMUNITY 1
News Natural Pain Relief: Chronic Pain Supplements (Oct '11) Tue Blizko 15
How can I help my father who' s in pain?! Tue greeeenhellll 1
News New weight-loss drug may be available soon (Sep '06) Jan 12 bfrg1 9
News Happy birthday to Colo: Oldest gorilla in US tu... Jan 3 Go Blue Forever 22
Rid arthritis with God's sun dried grapes..... Dec 28 misbehaved 1
News Reflexology Offers Some Pain Relief (Apr '13) Dec 20 balalnce 8
More from around the web