Veterans Corner: Study finds doctors ...

Veterans Corner: Study finds doctors ignoring VA guidance

There are 7 comments on the Lake Country Sun story from Apr 23, 2013, titled Veterans Corner: Study finds doctors ignoring VA guidance. In it, Lake Country Sun reports that:

Department of Veterans Affairs doctors are continuing to prescribe tranquilizers such as Valium and Xanex to veterans diagnosed with post traumatic stress disorder, despite VA guidelines advising against their use for the condition.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lake Country Sun.

Anonymous

UK

#1 Apr 24, 2013
avoid this person there a faker [email protected].be warned
Victor
#3 Sep 24, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.
Viet Nam Vet

Frankfort, OH

#4 Sep 24, 2013
What planet is this writer on? VA Doctors do EXACTLY what their administrators tell them to do. LOCAL administrators tell their Doctors to "Keep the Veeterans happy" so they will not be complaining to their congressional offices. There is nothing that a LOCAL Administraor hates more than a Congressional Inquiry. It looks good for VA Central Office to make these claims but the reality of the system is that VACO has no control over individual Medical Center Directors. As long as those Directors can maintain a low profile, they can keep their little kingdoms and be lord of all they can see.
Viet Nam Vet

Frankfort, OH

#5 Sep 24, 2013
You want something from your local VA Medical Center? Just yell "Congressional" and they will give you anything you want.
Viet Nam Vet

Frankfort, OH

#6 Sep 24, 2013
The whole system needs to be more competitive with real world medicine. Give every veteran a health card that they can use anywhere and lets see how long most of teh VA Medical Centers survive. One thing for sure, they will have to improve or they will be closed from lack of patients.
Galcano

Germany

#7 Oct 3, 2013
I have ordered prescription drugs (without a prescription) from RXPILLHOME .COM about two years ago, and was pleased with the speed and quality of service.
I'm thinking of doing the same thing with my medication. The meds is expensive, but there is a generic version available overseas.
I love the idea of taking responsibility for my own health (or lack of health) and skipping the bureaucracy... to say nothing of having to drive to the doctor, wait in line, yet again, to get a prescription refilled.
Sally Mae

Frankfort, OH

#8 Oct 3, 2013
NOBODY gives a crap about pill poppers from Europe who hijack a discussion on Topix.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anxiety Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sleeping pills, anxiety meds may shorten lives (Nov '10) Aug 23 Thatcat 40
Deja-Vu, Flashbacks, and Anxiety. Help! (Feb '08) Aug 21 irxpharmatgmaildo... 232
anxiety meds (Apr '15) Aug 20 irxpharm 3
News You've been breathing all wrong Jul 27 Liz871 1
intrusive thoughts (May '09) Jul '16 -alexander anderson- 30
News Millington pharmacy employee charged with drug ... (Mar '06) Jul '16 Max 39
Splenda causes Anxiety! (Oct '07) Jul '16 Deb54 6
More from around the web