Soy Allergy
The Sliceman

Granite Bay, CA

#1 Jan 4, 2012
I just discovered I am allergic to soy. Can I get some suggestions on what are some good soy-free, but filling foods.

-Does brown rice contain soy?

-Does cheese contain soy?

-Does Black Beans contain soy?

-Does Pasta Contain soy?

-Does bread contain enough soy to bother you?
Ker

Sparta, WI

#2 Jan 26, 2012
I'm "food-intolerant" to soy. It's in everything!!!
I don't know if this will help you, but I take a Zyrtec in the morning and a Benadryl at night (makes me sleepy). My quality of life has greatly improved!
My doctor said that these 2 pills are the best OTC available.(Don't know if Allegra is good tho. I saw him before that came out OTC.)

You'll learn to get really good at reading the ingredients in things. If you go out to eat or eat any processed foods, you'll be having problems! Try going to a food coop or visiting the natural section of the supermarket. Also, learn to cook at home!:(
Good luck!:)

Since: Jan 16

Location hidden

#3 Feb 7, 2016
There is no dearth of soy-free foods. You can take dairy products, egg, chicken, fish, fruits, vegetables and lot more. You can also take bread, pasta, macaroni etc.
Angel

Goodyear, AZ

#5 Oct 22, 2016
My soy allergy has gone hypersensitive, so much so I can't eat anything that has eaten soy. I had a reaction so bad it stopped me from breathing. The reaction was traced back to the steak the butter on the steak, the cheese on the salad and homemade ice milk I had for dinner. The beef steak ,the cow the milk and butter all came from bovine that were fed soy meal. The cheese and butter were made with milk that came from a cow that was fed soybeans. I knew to avoid eating poultry and eggs due to most of the feed they eat has soy in it and farm raised fish that are fed pellets the pellets often contain soy protein. Beef was news to me. The really bad part is I read every label nowhere did soy appear. Working on a way to raise my own food. If I don't I won't be able to eat otherwise. Watch out for vegetable wax that is put on fruit. I had to stop eating unpeeled fruit due to this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allergy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (May '11) Nov 28 crispey4u 14
hair dye allergy (Jun '12) Nov 22 Neda 3
Weird Allergic Reaction? (Jan '08) Nov 16 Mossie 71
Allergic to silver Jewellery (Oct '07) Oct '16 PeircingGenius 26
allergy worse when rains??? (Dec '08) Oct '16 Redvizigoth Victo... 51
market survey Oct '16 Rachel from Texas 1
News Senator Praises - Generous' Daughter Who Raised... Sep '16 coyote505 2
More from around the web