Allergic to silver Jewellery
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Nickel allergy

Toronto, Canada

#25 Jun 12, 2013
Have a read on this blog post:

http://wideworldofsportsnews.blogspot.ca/2013...

It details how some 'pure' metals can still be allergic and containing other metals!
raul

Los Angeles, CA

#26 Jun 21, 2013
i worn silver before in high school and never had a problem now recently ive tried wearing some old chains, and some new ones and my necks breaking up.......does that make sense? did i just developed an allergy
Bgmcwill

San Diego, CA

#27 May 13, 2015
CNK wrote:
Umm... I don't know if anybody knows this, but there isn't any nickel in sterling silver. I am very allergic to sterling silver and I've looked it up. There is a componant in sterling silver that causes the allergy, but it's a very long name that I cannot spell.
WRONG. Pure silver is about 99% pure. Sterling silver is 92% pure, the other 8% is made up of alloy metals, possibly containing nickel depending on the grade of sterling silver. Allergies to sterling silver are typically due to the nickel & alloy metals present in that 8%, but are very rare. I have a nickel allergy but can where sterling silver with no issues.
Bgmcwill

San Diego, CA

#28 May 13, 2015
CNK wrote:
Umm... I don't know if anybody knows this, but there isn't any nickel in sterling silver. I am very allergic to sterling silver and I've looked it up. There is a componant in sterling silver that causes the allergy, but it's a very long name that I cannot spell.
Sorry. I meant to say fine silver is 99.9% pure*
Dee

Stanton, CA

#29 Jun 3, 2015
I just got some sterling silver earrings and worn them for three days now my ear is sore. Does this mean I'm allergic to them? As a kid I could only wear gold but I thought I had grown out of that.
PeircingGenius

Antioch, TN

#32 Oct 30, 2016
silver wrote:
im elergic to silver and its my birthdayon friday and i want my belly button perced would it go infectid
Not if you use surgical steel jewelry
Anonymous
#33 Feb 14, 2017
Metal allergy wrote:
Did you stop wearing the necklace? I have not used Egocort. Sounds like a cortizone to help with itching. Suggest calling your doctor back ASAP.

http://www.obxstore.com/seashell-store/
http://www.nickelallergyfree.com/index.php...
http://www.nickelallergyfree.com/index.php...
Hello,
It's because of artificial jewelry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allergy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hardin County woman charged with TennCare fraud... (Dec '10) Sun Das Pee Pee 13
Cat allergies and bed mattress Sat Dawn 1
Tongue piercing led to food allergies? (Jul '08) Jul 14 EmberAngelAria 13
Allergies after smoking (Aug '06) Jun '17 judges indabag 130
I feel sick after loads of things!!!! (Nov '07) Jun '17 trail of tears 8
rose petal allergy? (Feb '08) Jun '17 Maggie 6
Allergic reaction? (Aug '08) May '17 Lori 6
More from around the web