Has anyone tried ECT or tapping for sinus pressure?

Posted in the Allergy Forum

james K

Brampton, Canada

#1 Mar 3, 2008
Found this and think it might help me in the spring did some research on it and some say it works on allergies. Anyone ever try this or acupuncture? Last spring i really wanted to try acupuncture but its kinda expensive.

http://naturalallergycures.net/category/aller...
Derek

De Pere, WI

#2 Jun 26, 2008
I knew nothing of the technique until today, although I have been practicing my own self taught technique that sounds much like this one. It's not a cure, but it really works(Temporarily) to clear your sinuses so you can breathe, especially before bed. All I do is tap and massage the small area where the bridge of my nose and my the top of my cheek bone meet. If you do it right, you can actually feel the the air being forced through your sinus passages.
Nicole

Topsham, ME

#3 Jul 1, 2008
I've known about EFT for a while and never used it for this before. I have had chronic problems for weeks with waking up with horrible headaches and sinus pressure. Finally I decided to buy myself a Neti pot thinking this would help. My problem continued even with the use of a Neti pot so out of desperation yesterday after trying the neti pot again, I sat here bent over and using the same amount of pressure as you would for EFT on all of my sinus points. I tapped against the bridge of my nose until I could feel my nostril become moist which indicated that there was something loosening up.

I also tapped on the spot in between the nose and cheek bone where I felt pressure. Under the cheek bone, in the jaw line near the ear. In the back of my neck where there was pressure and behind my ears on those prominent bones. Any place that i felt a build up of unpleasant pressure is where I pushed and/or tapped. I more or less gave myself a sinus massage, putting pressure where needed and just kept at it until I felt everything loosen.

NOW... I did have post nasal drip for the rest of the day and I felt slightly dizzy as if I were getting a cold but, this morning I woke up and my head feels fantastic and I can breath clearly. This is such a relief after weeks and weeks of intense pressure and no headache medicine curing it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allergy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I cured my allergies with Vitamin C (Jan '11) 12 hr Wenda Luis 2
Allergy sufferers seek alternatives Oct 8 Chiropractor From... 20
Vanderbilt Allergist Offers Tips for Coping wit... (Nov '13) Oct 5 Jack 4
allergy worse when rains??? (Dec '08) Oct 4 Jack 38
Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (May '11) Sep 30 Jeff55 7
Histamine intolerance Sep 25 disastermaster 2
Weird Allergic Reaction? (Jan '08) Sep '14 Bobby 56

Allergy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE