Allergic reaction from kissing?

Allergic reaction from kissing?

Posted in the Allergy Forum

anonymous

Winnipeg, Canada

#1 Apr 18, 2012
I have been allergic to nuts for years. Im 15 now and until this last summer I haven't had a reaction since I was 3. But this summer I had a little problem on vacation. It wasn't that severe, I didn't get hives or go into shock but I did feel my throat swell up a bit. I ended up puking (mostly because of motion sickness) and that made me feel better. But since then I have been much more sensitive to foods. I am very paranoid when comes to eating new foods but the thing I am most worried about is kissing. My mother has warned me about people dying from kissing people when they have allergy and in october i kissed a boy and after my tongue tingled and my throat felt kind of funny. It didn't swell up but it was enough to scare me. I haven't kissed a boy since. It is getting annoying though, asking them what they had eaten that day just won't work in most situations. Does anyone else have this problem? Would taking an allergy pill beforehand completely prevent it? Please let me know!
triops124

Pinckney, MI

#2 Jun 1, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Allergy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hardin County woman charged with TennCare fraud... (Dec '10) 16 hr Das Pee Pee 13
Cat allergies and bed mattress Sat Dawn 1
Tongue piercing led to food allergies? (Jul '08) Jul 14 EmberAngelAria 13
Allergies after smoking (Aug '06) Jun '17 judges indabag 130
I feel sick after loads of things!!!! (Nov '07) Jun '17 trail of tears 8
rose petal allergy? (Feb '08) Jun '17 Maggie 6
Allergic reaction? (Aug '08) May '17 Lori 6
More from around the web