schiebz

Kalamazoo, MI

#189 Feb 13, 2013
Does anyone know if drinking more water than normal can help flush the metabolites out that you get from drinking alcohol? I'm on probation for marijuana (random color system, drop if color is called) and my probation officer gives me ETG tests as well. I drank a couple beers Saturday night for the first time in months and of course my color gets called Tuesday. I figure I had about 56 hours between my last drink and being dropped and drank a lot of water between the 2 times. So my question is did drinking a lot of water help with getting me clean before my drop?
n8staves

Phoenix, AZ

#190 Feb 13, 2013
I'm on probation an have had positive U.As. In all honesty it is a lot more reassuring pissing in a cup knowing you are clean. BUT like I said Ive pushed the limits and have figured out a pretty good system. Time to get all scientific...the average person (aveage height average weight) processes 1 UNIT of alchohol every 2 hours. When I say process I mean digested and through the liver into the bladder. What is a UNIT? One beer at 5% abv (budweiser coors etc) is equal to roughly 1.3 units (figure 1 1/2 units). SO that means if you drink a bottle of bud it is gone in 3 hours (etg included). Now things like being active help process alchohol faster and if you are a big fatty or have a slow metabolism it may take longer. Also good to drink a good ammount of water immediately after drinking to help flush/process the booze.(Be careful not to drink to much water as you might have a "diluted" sample). Now remeber that the higher the achohol content the longer it is in your system. A 5% abv beer means of the 12-14ounces of fluid 5% of that ammount is alchohol. If you are shooting 80 proof whiskey you are going to have a harder time getting rid of that liquor. 5% abv in 14 oz beer. 30-40% abv in 1-2oz of whiskey. So if u can add you can pass a test. The higher the alchohol content the longer it takes to process. Now again you are weighing having a drink against possible jail time and f you can't have just one without drinking the case then you should probably stay dry all together blah blah blah. I was a bartender in charge of 26 taps and keeping them filled. I enjoy beer and the laws I broke that put me on probation had nothing to do eith alchohol or drinking. If you're like me and just want the occasional beer without needing to get hammered or risk getting your probation revoked just use this method. Add up your units of alchohol consumed and make sure that you are giving yourself enough time to have it gone before you may have to test. There are plenty of forums that may better explain the units per hour concept ive described. Do your research. And always drink at least 1 or 2 large glasses of water after drinking and before going to sleep. That drink a 6 pack fall asleep pass a test in the morning story is nonsense. Good luck and FUCK THE POLICE.
n8staves

Phoenix, AZ

#191 Feb 13, 2013
schiebz wrote:
Does anyone know if drinking more water than normal can help flush the metabolites out that you get from drinking alcohol? I'm on probation for marijuana (random color system, drop if color is called) and my probation officer gives me ETG tests as well. I drank a couple beers Saturday night for the first time in months and of course my color gets called Tuesday. I figure I had about 56 hours between my last drink and being dropped and drank a lot of water between the 2 times. So my question is did drinking a lot of water help with getting me clean before my drop?
Depending on how much you drank you should be fine. Always drink some water after drinking a beer. Just make sure your piss has color to it. If you pound so much water that you are pissing clear you can get a "diluted" which can be viewed as a fail. One beer is equal to roughly 1 1/2 units. The body processes 2 units per hour. So depending on how much and what u drank u should have been fine.
schiebz

Byron Center, MI

#192 Feb 13, 2013
n8staves wrote:
<quoted text>
Depending on how much you drank you should be fine. Always drink some water after drinking a beer. Just make sure your piss has color to it. If you pound so much water that you are pissing clear you can get a "diluted" which can be viewed as a fail. One beer is equal to roughly 1 1/2 units. The body processes 2 units per hour. So depending on how much and what u drank u should have been fine.
I drank a 40 of mickeys and had about 3 shots.. over the course of about 3 hours. Did not get completely drunk by any means, I just keep worrying about all this 80 hours they can see the metabolites blah blah blah.. I only have 4 more months of probation it just sucks a big one having to worry all the damn time about drinking when I'm 23 years old and on probation for a first offence marijuana charge. Im just going to not drink, its not worth it.
Jayla

Grand Saline, TX

#193 Feb 16, 2013
Jgfan14gmcom wrote:
Someone post the detection time per amount of drinks for each panel, please. I had one drink and have a test in 72 hours. One drink!
They totally UA'd me w/ no advance notice. I had about three glasses of wine the previous night ( week from hell!). BTW If you're gonna preach don't reply!
I didn't even knowabout etg. And no, I.was not driving on Thurs. I just want to know how long it will take to find out and does this mean I am epically screwed?
Duh

Denver, CO

#194 Feb 16, 2013
Revolution now wrote:
I would like people to consider that every constitutional right is being abused by the system right now. Has prohibition been passed again in the USA? No so how are they able to inflict prohibition laws with out the law stating hat alcohol is illegal? Every other right is being ignored too. Like using mediation to circumvent due process. And illegal search and seizure. While the driving part wasn't an issue when the constitution was written. And is a legitimate arguement, so fine just take a cab. Or get a ride. But making alcohol illegal with out passing any laws that make it illegal is an act of treason. By the government. So what shoul we do? Don't vote for Romney or Obama. Vote for a constitutionalist candidate like Ron Paul do a write in if needed. Or a libratarian candidate, these candidates want less government in our business. Think about it look up their platforms.
You waive your rights when you accept a plea. Obama has nothing to do with it. You're a dipshit and stay out of trouble.
schiebz

Kalamazoo, MI

#195 Feb 16, 2013
Jayla wrote:
<quoted text>
They totally UA'd me w/ no advance notice. I had about three glasses of wine the previous night ( week from hell!). BTW If you're gonna preach don't reply!
I didn't even knowabout etg. And no, I.was not driving on Thurs. I just want to know how long it will take to find out and does this mean I am epically screwed?
You are probably cutting it close I'm sorry to say. Honestly you probably won't find out the results though until the next time you talk with your probation officer. If they violate you although, I believe they send something in the mail.
Mike

Gloversville, NY

#196 Feb 17, 2013
An ETG is not checking for alcohol...yes, the alcohol is out of your system in a matter of hours. What the ETG detects are the metabolites in your body, by-products of alcohol: Ethyl Glucuronide and Ethyl Sulfate

Most EtG tests are at the 100 ng/ml level

Above that level you fail; below it you pass.

EtG tests can be done through urine, saliva or hair tests.

It can be detected in urine up to 80 hours from last alcoholic drink. So, if you don't want to get caught, time is the only thing on your side, trust me, I've been there and done the research. There's no way to beat it.
schiebz

Kalamazoo, MI

#197 Feb 17, 2013
Here is a great article I read on these ETG tests.

http://m.alcalc.oxfordjournals.org/content/42...
rawr

Washington, DC

#198 Feb 21, 2013
Mike wrote:
An ETG is not checking for alcohol...yes, the alcohol is out of your system in a matter of hours. What the ETG detects are the metabolites in your body, by-products of alcohol: Ethyl Glucuronide and Ethyl Sulfate
Most EtG tests are at the 100 ng/ml level
Above that level you fail; below it you pass.
EtG tests can be done through urine, saliva or hair tests.
It can be detected in urine up to 80 hours from last alcoholic drink. So, if you don't want to get caught, time is the only thing on your side, trust me, I've been there and done the research. There's no way to beat it.
While its impossible to beat completely, your exposure can be reduced.
rawr

Washington, DC

#199 Feb 21, 2013
And let me point out, I never learned to lie so effectively until i was on probation. Not because I needed to lie, just because of how much I was lied TO that I eventually found out were lies.
Just sayin.
Sometimes I think the people who administer our justice should be honest.
Adhoc

United States

#200 Feb 22, 2013
rawr wrote:
And let me point out, I never learned to lie so effectively until i was on probation. Not because I needed to lie, just because of how much I was lied TO that I eventually found out were lies.
Just sayin.
Sometimes I think the people who administer our justice should be honest.
I am interested to see. I took an etg after having about 6 beers almost 70 hrs later. I'll post when I know. Deny deny deny!
Angelcake

United States

#201 Feb 24, 2013
Ok i drank for like a week straight and pretty heavy but i drank alot of water a couple monsters n half a jog of cranberry juice n only had a 52 hour window until the test i also had a uti n tryed the ecoli thing it was gross but i did it idk if i passed i will find out monday or teusday does anybody think i passed i hope so im about 160lbs n 5"2
schiebz

Kalamazoo, MI

#202 Feb 24, 2013
Angelcake wrote:
Ok i drank for like a week straight and pretty heavy but i drank alot of water a couple monsters n half a jog of cranberry juice n only had a 52 hour window until the test i also had a uti n tryed the ecoli thing it was gross but i did it idk if i passed i will find out monday or teusday does anybody think i passed i hope so im about 160lbs n 5"2
Not sure. Id love to know your results though as I had about 56 hours between drinking and my last drug test. Did they do an ETG test on you do you know? Post your results back, ill find out mine on Wednesday, been crossing my fingers and praying.
angelcake

United States

#203 Feb 25, 2013
schiebz wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure. Id love to know your results though as I had about 56 hours between drinking and my last drug test. Did they do an ETG test on you do you know? Post your results back, ill find out mine on Wednesday, been crossing my fingers and praying.
yes it was a etg
bpsleepingbeauty

Lutherville Timonium, MD

#204 Feb 26, 2013
Hey, is an ETG a test that is typically done if you've only been ordered to abstain from alcohol, but weren't implicated with any other drugs in the issue?
schiebz

Grand Rapids, MI

#205 Feb 26, 2013
bpsleepingbeauty wrote:
Hey, is an ETG a test that is typically done if you've only been ordered to abstain from alcohol, but weren't implicated with any other drugs in the issue?
I'm given ETG tests in addition to my panel drug tests. Not sure what tests they use where I go but my probation officer requires ETG testing as well. I'm on probation for possession of marijuana and since my probation officer is a b**** she tests me for alcohol as well. So yes ETG testing is only used if you are ordered to abstain from alcohol in addition to whatever else they are testing you for. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
schiebz

Kalamazoo, MI

#206 Feb 27, 2013
Well, just saw my probation officer and nothing was said about my last drop. So to clarify, I drank a 40 of mickeys beer and had roughly 3 shots on a Saturday, got dropped the Tuesday after that. I figure about 56 hours between drinking and the test. No news from her is good news I suppose.
Norman Rivos

Fort Collins, CO

#207 Feb 28, 2013
Revolution now wrote:
I would like people to consider that every constitutional right is being abused by the system right now. Has prohibition been passed again in the USA? No so how are they able to inflict prohibition laws with out the law stating hat alcohol is illegal? Every other right is being ignored too. Like using mediation to circumvent due process. And illegal search and seizure. While the driving part wasn't an issue when the constitution was written. And is a legitimate arguement, so fine just take a cab. Or get a ride. But making alcohol illegal with out passing any laws that make it illegal is an act of treason. By the government. So what shoul we do? Don't vote for Romney or Obama. Vote for a constitutionalist candidate like Ron Paul do a write in if needed. Or a libratarian candidate, these candidates want less government in our business. Think about it look up their platforms.
Probation is a choice we all make vs staying in JAIL. You are given the opportunity to be in your community, working, playing, living life, etc. under certain conditions you agree to. One of them for alcohol offenders is that we don't drink. If you think this is unconstitutional, stay in jail and enjoy the bars in there.
curiousitykilled the cat

Rochester, NY

#208 Mar 1, 2013
yes our constitutional rights are being taken. We are condemmed for being deviants in society. The only thing I can add is that if our actions may harm someone then we need help. Other wise...who the hell has the right to tell me how Im suppose to live

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alcoholism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Spike in women dying of liver disease in St Helens Nov 25 dirtclaud 1
65 year old alcoholic husband Nov 11 Teenareno 2
It was 20 Years Ago Today - NHS Pharmacy goes B... Nov 11 O great OB1 1
Irish Woman Rejected as Teacher in S. Korea Due... Nov 6 lavon affair 1
IA Court Throws Out Discipline Against U. Iowa ... (Apr '13) Nov 6 citizen four 23
Blackburn public health chief supports move for... Nov 2 Messed Up 1
New book "Married Under The Influence" Oct '14 Walter 2

Alcoholism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE