Pill may help you stop drinking, smoking

Pill may help you stop drinking, smoking

There are 47 comments on the AM New York story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Pill may help you stop drinking, smoking. In it, AM New York reports that:

The urge for booze may soon be dissolved by a new pill that has already helped free smokers of the urge to puff.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at AM New York.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Sweetiepie

Reading, PA

#53 Oct 7, 2011
I have been taking chantix for two weeks now and I see the reduction in cigs but I see alot in my drinking. I can't drink a whole beer.
Hugh Jass

Nashville, TN

#54 Oct 7, 2011
Pat wrote:
I was prescribed the anti-depresant Welbutrin(?)with the dr knowing it helped to prevent the urge to smoke. IT WORKED!!! My stay on Welbutrin was not long, maybe a couple of months, but my cravings went away and stayed gone. I have been smoke-free for around 5 years. I remember how I LOVED to smoke. I've had some terrible situations in my life since then, and maybe once or twice tried of smoke a cigarette, thinking it would release my stress, but it just didn't taste good; one puff and it was put out.
I never used any drug to help quit smoking, which may be why I got in so much practice at quitting.

However, I recognize the issue with lighting one up later. For perhaps half a year after I quit, I would light one up every month or so, just to remind myself how foul they tasted. I never got past a single puff, either. I have no doubt that I made the right choice.
Hugh Jass

Nashville, TN

#55 Oct 7, 2011
generalsn1234567 wrote:
That means that there will now be a marketing strategy to sell these pills. Let the drinking bans begin. Prohibition is returning. Al Capone, rise from the dead.
Nice heroes you have.
mr ramadol

Swarzedz, Poland

#59 Nov 29, 2012

Since: Oct 12

Szczecin, Poland

#60 Dec 21, 2012
medications are very dangerous, look for alternatives first.
My friend found help in the book Wanda Pratnicka 'Possessed by Ghosts' and Wanda herself.
I would recommend her.
joe mcparlin

United States

#62 Dec 29, 2012
did not get a anser
swxxxt

Masontown, PA

#64 Dec 30, 2012
youtube.com/watch...
Thats incredible

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alcoholism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Urine tests for alcohol on probation (Jan '11) 20 min Yooo 2,545
Testing 19 hr Sensitive 1
ETG Testing. (Jun '16) Tue Crookedtree 49
Kitchen Units Manchester Mon orakhitz 1
alcohol and etg test (Aug '15) Mon Jules 158
Urine test Thursday help!? Dec 3 Trying2getBy 3
News Researchers find gene that might limit desire t... Dec 2 Stephany McDowell 1
More from around the web