Synaptol
Andrea

Edinburgh, UK

#121 Sep 13, 2007
Yes Chris you are soooooooooo right
SYNAPTOL does not work at all.
A lot of people on here are so so phony it is unbelievable. Have a look at my posts I had my daughter on it and believe me it doesn't work. All it did was mess with her dijestive system and it was the same for my friend and she is an adult.
I agree with you these people do work for synaptol.
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
I've read several posts from this person and they always contain detailed information about how to get the product. I could be wrong, but this persons posts seem like someone who is promoting Synaptol.
northernmom

Guelph, Canada

#122 Sep 13, 2007
my son's been on synaptol for about three weeks. school started and he hasnt lost his books yet. however, he still hates doing homework and will quietly resist for hours before he actually sits down to do it.
do i think there is a significant improvement? it's hard to tell. synaptol isnt meds. with meds you can tell right away. he's been improving but i dont know for sure if it's synaptol or changes in his diet or both or what. i have two full bottles left and i will complete the program because he doesnt have any side-effects from the herbs. i'll keep posting and i hope others will too. i'm really curious (and hopeful).
Jean

Gering, NE

#123 Sep 13, 2007
Our son has been on Synaptol for a few months. I really haven't kept track. I think it is helping because he has been doing better at home with not so much talking and hyperactivity. I THINK he's doing better at school so far. Like you, I am cautiously hopeful but I would not just out and out recommend Synaptol as a "cure". He doesn't seem to have any side affects so that isn't an issue as far as giving it. I am wondering if some of the people on this forum are from the company just to promote the product. If so, then I am beginning to doubt if the improvements we have seen are from the product. Because if the company has to use fake promotions then obviously it is a hoax. But, since I have the product and it MAY be working I will continue to use it until my supply is gone. I don't think its doing any harm and may be doing SOME good.
northernmom

Guelph, Canada

#124 Sep 14, 2007
i agree Jean. i think synaptol is doing SOME good and not doing him harm. is it a cure? NO and i never believed it to be. meds werent a cure either for us.
probably there are some, if not a lot of, fake posts from both the company and maybe even rival companies. but i think as parents who've tried a lot of stuff, we learn to weed things out and monitor our kids carefully. for now, i'm just relieved my ds hasnt lost a text book yet...
Danielle P

United States

#125 Sep 17, 2007
My husband was recently dxd with ADD (no hyperactivity), and took Strattera for about a month. While he was taking Strattera, I saw an unbelievable improvement, and after three years of battling almost every day, were finally having some peace and enjoying each other. Our insurance co. denied coverage of Strattera, saying that he had to try Ritalin first, but our psych. will not prescribe Ritalin, he hates it. So, my husband ordered Synaptol and has been on it for about a week. As far as I see, it's back to the same old symptoms, and the the Synaptol isn't helping squat. It's really frustrating, and I don't have anything positive to say about it, other than it's not giving him any negative effects like Andrea's daughter. Big thumbs down from me.
Truth

Monroe, CT

#126 Sep 18, 2007
Synaptol is a scam product from a scam company. Aside from the various posts and blogs around the net from people testifying about being duped or from former employees saying the company is a scam op, just take a look at their website. Start with the images of news organizations that featured synaptol. Guess what: not a single one of those organizations have any mention of it on their website archives. The study they refer to? Ever wonder why there isn't a link like you'll find from any legit company that has done a study? They use Linus Pauling's image without a reasonable explanation about how Pauling's studies helped MicroNutra (or whatever their name is today, as they've had about half a dozen names so far) develop their "nanocellular technology". Oh, that's another tip: they use "nanotechnology to encapsulate the ingredients in synaptol™ into micro-sized particles, 1-5 nanometers in diameter"? If these people knew what they were talking about, they wouldn't say "mico-sized particles, 1-5 NANOMETERS in diameter"!!!! They would be NANO-sized particles.

"FDA approved manufacturing facilities" sure sounds like the FDA actually approved them, but they only claim to follow FDA facility guidelines. Perhaps the most telling tip is on their Glucofast page (honestly: how can this company "cure" DOZENS of illnesses that have the brilliant minds baffled in the short time they've existed?!): the glucofast page has some hilarious, poorly acted testimony from a "Carmen Cruz", who's touted as having been Miss Puerto Rico in 1997. Unfortunately, she was not, as a simple web search will disclose. This woman doesn't even have the slightest Spanish accent!

Folks: some of the posts here could be company spam; others could be genuine placebo effect results. It's very easy to be misled in this day and age of internet snake-oil salesmen; I sure had my hopes up at first. But having read former employees posts (which I admit could be fake as well) attesting to "the maintenance guy" filling bottles, I'll be damned if I'll take a chance of put any of this garbage in MY kids mouth!
Andrea

Edinburgh, UK

#127 Sep 19, 2007
Well i sure wish I had read your post before i got sucked into buying synaptol for my daughter because I would never had bought it and she wouldn't have had to go through what she did. You are so very right indeed i don't believe it works at all and i am living proof because i have tried it on my little girl. you know you are just looking for something to help your kids and there it is (Synaptol ) staring you in the face and you are taken in thinking it is wonderful. You might as well give your child a couple of sugar cubes because you would get the same reaction from them
Me too

United States

#128 Sep 20, 2007
ADD-Adult wrote:
I am a 50+ year old ADD woman with no hyperactivity. ADD, not ADHD.
Is Synaptol appropriate for me? What other alternative treatments have you all found worthwhile?
Have you had a response? I am in a similar situation, having been diagnosed with ADD a few years ago. I have been struggling with figuring out the appropriate dosing for Strattera, Adderall (regular and then XR) and now Concerta. The doctor seems to think I will figure out on my own the correct dose based on my ability to deal with various side effects. Lately, I have developed a tic (peeling/licking lips) that is driving me crazy. I have read about SYNAPTOL and wondered if it might help. The depression when changing doses is awful and I was only able to sleep well on the Adderall XR (which started the tic). Has anyone responded to you about SYNAPTOL?
farro

Saint Helens, UK

#129 Sep 20, 2007
]well my 14 year old has been on synaptol since june and he came home with his maths book again last night and he has another a10 i am convinced it is the synaptol as this is 2 a10s in a fortnight so i am over the moon with him he is finally getting somewere with these tablets sohe will continue with them for as long as possible he has not had any side effects at all and he is ajoy to have around and that is great
northernmom

Guelph, Canada

#130 Sep 21, 2007
farro wrote:
]well my 14 year old has been on synaptol since june and he came home with his maths book again last night and he has another a10 i am convinced it is the synaptol as this is 2 a10s in a fortnight so i am over the moon with him he is finally getting somewere with these tablets sohe will continue with them for as long as possible he has not had any side effects at all and he is ajoy to have around and that is great
this is our one month trial with synaptol. i see improvements - sleeps better, eats better, listens better. still has his books! but i'm also more strict with him (usually doesnt follow up),and he's stopped dairy products. i have two more bottles so i'll finish that and see. i cant recommend nor will i stop someone from trying synaptol. it's like meds. it works for some, some get really sick, and with others - nothing.
i really do wish the people on this board best best of luck. keep trying different methods, vitamins, behavioural therapy, herbs, etc...i know the pain of adhd. it's worth keep searching, but with wisdom and discretion. someone mentioned internet snakes. really, do beware.
Patricia

Denver, CO

#131 Sep 22, 2007
Has anyone given this to a hyperactive 6yr old (weighs only 40lbs) who constantly gets into trouble at school? If so, have you seen a difference? I don't want to give traditional meds if possible. I'm also looking at possibly homeschooling my son just because of the constant trouble he gets into at school, but the cons of that is that he is highly sociable and I'd be taking that away from him.
Any sincere insight would be appreciated.
adhd mom

Prattville, AL

#132 Sep 24, 2007
are their any other natural remedies that have worked for anyone? especially for small kids who cannot swallow a pill?
Mark D

Ogden, UT

#133 Sep 28, 2007
adhd mom wrote:
are their any other natural remedies that have worked for anyone? especially for small kids who cannot swallow a pill?
I am an adult age 40 with ADD no hyperactivity. I have been trying high doses of fish oil + omega 6. I figured I had nothing to lose since it has at least been scientifically proven that it helps high cholestrol which I have. I definately feel more focused, but I don't know if it is the fish oil or the other things I have been doing such as: Eating high protien low carb diet, excersizing, breathing excersises... Perhaps it is the combination of all of these things. I think the excersise may be the most helpful of all.
Mark D

Ogden, UT

#134 Sep 28, 2007
Chris wrote:
Okay, I just did a more thorough search through this entire topic and this person "Mindy" from "AOL" seems most likely an employee of Synaptol. Below, I have compiled all of her posts. Just some notes before you read: All of the comments were in response to a post someone else made. Most of the comments were made within a close time frame to one another. Post order is from newest to oldest.
----------
5/12/07
My daughter had the same great response and has been on it for over 3 months now. Cut and paste the link and put chatdave in the coupon code for free shipping or you can use 10off07 for a 10% discount. www.micronutra.com/synaptol.html ...
5/12/07
Ditto, I have had my 15 year old daughter on it for 3 months now and her mood and focus have improved dramatically. I am going to try the Refluxamine to see if I can get off nexium. The beautiful thing is they have a money back guarentee! I would highly recommend. Here is a direct link to the product.http://www.micronutra. com/synaptol.html...
5/12/07
Try this , It has really helped my 15 year old daughter with her mood and focus. Click on the link below
http://www.micronutra.com/synaptol.html ...
5/12/07
I have used this product for the past 3 months and it ahs really helped my 15 year old daughter with her focus and mood. Click on the link and decide for yourself.
http://www.micronutra.com/synaptol.html ...
6/21/07
My daughter has been on it for 3months and I and extended family members have seen a huge difference in her mood and focus. Hope that helps. Feel free to email me directly if you would like.
[email protected]
----------
I also did a google search for the email address listed above and only a couple of links came back. Both of them were located on this site.
I'm going to continue researching this product before I put in in my body. I suggest everyone else does the same. Good luck.
Good work Chris! The site says something like 95% are satisfied. It is easy to see from this board that this is blatently false. I also noticed all of their so called "case studies" are done by the makers of the drug. It appears these guys are just another company taking advantage of desperate parents who do not want to medicate their children.
Catherine

Rochdale, UK

#135 Oct 3, 2007
My 7 year old daughter has ADD and her behaviour and concentration were so bad at school last term that they were considering asking her to leave. I started her on Synaptol in June and after a couple of weeks she seemed calmer and easier to deal with. She has now been back at school for 3 weeks (without her teacher's knowledge of her taking these supplements) and they cannot believe the transformation. They have referred to her as "a different child".

She has not complained of any headaches, stomach pains or any other side effects since taking Synaptol.

I cannot say whether her transformation is due to Synaptol but to see such a huge turn around in a short space of time both at home and at school is a pleasure.

I do worry about the long term effects of any medication but take comfort that she is happy right now!
farro

Saint Helens, UK

#136 Oct 3, 2007
Catherine wrote:
My 7 year old daughter has ADD and her behaviour and concentration were so bad at school last term that they were considering asking her to leave. I started her on Synaptol in June and after a couple of weeks she seemed calmer and easier to deal with. She has now been back at school for 3 weeks (without her teacher's knowledge of her taking these supplements) and they cannot believe the transformation. They have referred to her as "a different child".
She has not complained of any headaches, stomach pains or any other side effects since taking Synaptol.
I cannot say whether her transformation is due to Synaptol but to see such a huge turn around in a short space of time both at home and at school is a pleasure.
I do worry about the long term effects of any medication but take comfort that she is happy right now!
well i am glad someone else has said that they can see a huge difference in their child my son just gets better all the time he has never complained about been sick or headaches or anything like that but it does make you feel better abt them
Andrea

Edinburgh, UK

#137 Oct 5, 2007
complete rubbish synaptol does not work and that is the truth
farro

Saint Helens, UK

#138 Oct 5, 2007
Andrea wrote:
ok it didnt work for your daughter but it has for my son people will just have to use their own judgement for this product my son is coming to the end of the 3 bottles ibought and i am going to stop giving them and see how he is without them if he starts to be the way he was before starting synaptol he will be straight back on them
Catherine

UK

#139 Oct 5, 2007
Andrea wrote:
I think you have made your feelings quite clear and obviously feel guilty that you have given your daughter something that upset her so much.

I will continue to give my daughter Synatol as I am convinced that it has been instrumental in her turn around. Our house is a much happier one now and I do not dread picking her up from school every day wondering what they are going to complain about. It was taking over my life and as you don't even have a child with learning difficulties you cannot begin to understand what life with one is like.

It didn't work for you but I think it is time you got over it as it has obviously worked for others.
northernmom

Guelph, Canada

#140 Oct 5, 2007
synaptol has helped my 12 year old as well. it is gradual and not immediate like meds. i am going to give him the three months supply and stop. from what little of what i know of herbs and supplements, i think it best to stop after three months and take a break.
i dont know if i would call it a "cure". i think that's really stretching it but it helps and i'm satisfied for now. good luck all of you, and please, whoever visits the stie, be realistic. i dont think any "one" thing is going to cure people with ADD/ADHD. try the multi-modal approach to alleviate symptoms...i know there are desperate parents who fall for tempting advertising. read everything with a skeptical attitude, but with hope.
Catherine wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you have made your feelings quite clear and obviously feel guilty that you have given your daughter something that upset her so much.
I will continue to give my daughter Synatol as I am convinced that it has been instrumental in her turn around. Our house is a much happier one now and I do not dread picking her up from school every day wondering what they are going to complain about. It was taking over my life and as you don't even have a child with learning difficulties you cannot begin to understand what life with one is like.
It didn't work for you but I think it is time you got over it as it has obviously worked for others.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

ADHD Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Commentary: Fidget toys aren't just hype May 19 Guest 1
News Attention Deficit Disorder ADHD/ADD Diseases wi... (Apr '12) May 1 Hector 593
News Online mental health assessment for young people May 1 Humanspirit 2
News On my mind: The dilemma of treating ADHD in chi... Apr 27 Humanspirit 1
News Do You Zone Out? Procrastinate? Might Be Adult ... Apr '17 Humanspirit 1
News John Rosemond: No one has proven ADHD is real Apr '17 Humanspirit 1
News Yale study warns of vaccine dangers, links immu... Apr '17 maedwards87 11
More from around the web