Synaptol
maria

Clarksville, TN

#412 May 31, 2011
I am concerned with the first ingredient Accontinum Ferox which is a venom. If in long term could affect the brain? Can an expert answer
44 Male

Chicago, IL

#413 Jun 21, 2011
I'm going to give Synaptol a solid chance and document here on this forum my results. I've seen many posts here from others stating they will return here to comment on progress, only never to be seen again. This time its different; I will use this forum to journal my personal results.
Bio: 44 year old male, likely had ADD my entire life but was able to cope somehow. It has progressed to a point where I can no longer function and I'm looking to try a natural approach first before resorting to drugs.
I've tried many vitamins, PS, B Complex, etc... and Herbs Rhodiola, Vinpocetin, Focus Factor...all of which had no real effect. I smoke cigars daily and binge drink almost every weekend. I do not excercise regularly and have a poor diet. I'm not overweight, but not in good shape by any measure either.
I'm self diagnosed, never been evaluated by a doctor and am convinced I have the inattentive type of ADD. Not hyper, can sit still for hours on end and can read and write, but only things that hold my interests. Complex mental tasks, mundane/routine tasks and even physical tasks that require long duration are difficult/impossible for me to accomplish at best, and make me want to puke at just the thought of it at worst. I have a decent job and somehow muddle through, but I'm nowhere I intend to be at this point in my career.
So it begins...I just ordered a 30 day bottle from Synaptol's website. I opted for he "saver" shipping so I have no idea when it will arrive. I will continue to document my results here for others who may be in a similar situation and tired of searching. If this product does not work as I expect/hope it will, I will begin taking prescription medication.
NanaKaren

Elkhart, IN

#414 Jun 21, 2011
44 Male wrote:
I'm going to give Synaptol a solid chance and document here on this forum my results. I've seen many posts here from others stating they will return here to comment on progress, only never to be seen again. This time its different; I will use this forum to journal my personal results.
Bio: 44 year old male, likely had ADD my entire life but was able to cope somehow. It has progressed to a point where I can no longer function and I'm looking to try a natural approach first before resorting to drugs.
I've tried many vitamins, PS, B Complex, etc... and Herbs Rhodiola, Vinpocetin, Focus Factor...all of which had no real effect. I smoke cigars daily and binge drink almost every weekend. I do not excercise regularly and have a poor diet. I'm not overweight, but not in good shape by any measure either.
I'm self diagnosed, never been evaluated by a doctor and am convinced I have the inattentive type of ADD. Not hyper, can sit still for hours on end and can read and write, but only things that hold my interests. Complex mental tasks, mundane/routine tasks and even physical tasks that require long duration are difficult/impossible for me to accomplish at best, and make me want to puke at just the thought of it at worst. I have a decent job and somehow muddle through, but I'm nowhere I intend to be at this point in my career.
So it begins...I just ordered a 30 day bottle from Synaptol's website. I opted for he "saver" shipping so I have no idea when it will arrive. I will continue to document my results here for others who may be in a similar situation and tired of searching. If this product does not work as I expect/hope it will, I will begin taking prescription medication.
Good luck. I wish you well!! I will be watching to see if it does help you. Thanks for sharing with us.
44 Male

Chicago, IL

#415 Jun 21, 2011
Correction: In my first post, I mentioned that I tried Focus Factor. That was incorrect, the product was FocusADDult from Native Remedies. Tastes horrible and did nothing for me. Clarification: PS is Phosphadityl Serine.

I also drink 3-4 large cups coffee every day, loaded with splenda sugar substitue.
44 Male

Chicago, IL

#416 Jun 24, 2011
The package arrived yesterday and I took my first dose upon waking this morning. 1 ml dropper as suggested on the instructions. Says I may need to take two or three to achieve the desired results. I'll stick with one dose in the morning for a few days and work up to more.

I slept well last night, so already in a good mood regardless of taking Synaptol. Its Friday, and I'm usually in no mood to do much work at the office, so this will be a good test to see if I can actually accomplish anything.

My expectations are high, overall, for this product, probably too high. Given the amount of positive reviews on their site, one might begin to believe it's like the "clear pill" NZT. I don't expect to become superhuman, however I do expect to be able to focus and stay on task.

Also, I've changed my mind about taking the drug route should this product not meet expectations. I've read far too many horror stories about the "crash" when the does wears off.

I'd like to hear back from "What helped my adult ADHD" from Hampton, GA in a post above and see just how Vyvanse is holding up. From what I've learned, it takes about a month for the side effects kick in.
Joanne

Baulkham Hills, Australia

#417 Jul 4, 2011
My son is 6.5 years old, He was extremely busy, talkative and disruptive in school and at home when he was not interested in what is going on around him. He has been diagnosed with ADHD. I have been seeing a dietician. I have removed all preservatives and artificial colours and flavours. After a few days his tantrums were only 50 percent of what they were. He stopped hitting and talking loudly. However he still kept wiggling and interupting and unable to complete tasks. We tried a low salicilate diet with no change . NOW finally we tried removing all dairy and food high in amaines. This has worked he has stopped crying. He often cried up to 4 times a day. Now maybe once a week and for a very short time. He is still a busy boy however is cooperating 80 percent of the time and with some positive reinforcement he is in general significantly easier to handle and far more enjoyable to be around. He never had learning issues at school so I do not know if this sort of diet will affect those results. The "Fedup" book by Sue Dengate was very helpful however I was overwhelmed so seeing a nutritionist was the best decision for us.
44 Male

Chicago, IL

#418 Jul 5, 2011
All of last week I took two doses of Synaptol a day, one first thing upon waking, and the other just after lunch. At this point, after a little more than a week of using it, it hasn't done anything to help. I'm going to add a dose each day which will make it one dropper full three times a day.
44-Female

Broken Arrow, OK

#419 Jul 12, 2011
44 Male wrote:
All of last week I took two doses of Synaptol a day, one first thing upon waking, and the other just after lunch. At this point, after a little more than a week of using it, it hasn't done anything to help. I'm going to add a dose each day which will make it one dropper full three times a day.
I too am 44 years old (female)- I'll be taking my first dose tomorrow morning. Will post updates...
44 Male

Chicago, IL

#420 Jul 15, 2011
Update;

I've been taking 2 to 3 doses each day, each dose a few hours apart. Always taken on an empty stomache and I let it sit under the tonugue for a few minutes before swallowing.

So, I've been getting work done, but I'm not yet convinced its due to Synaptol. It may be though. While I seem to be able to focus on a task a bit more, it's not like I've become laser-focused. It could also just be that I have looming deadlines and my brain knows that I just need to get things done.

In addition to the Synaptol, I've started taking a Nitric-Oxide boosting suplement, an L-Arginine amino acid based complex. I've read some very good papers on how this amino enhances nitric oxide, which in turn creates more oxygen to the brain (and muscles as well). I certainly "feel" when this kicks in, about an hour or two after I take it. It feels like I can just work all and nothing bothers me or upsets me. I probably shouldnt be using both Synaptol and this, because I'll be difficult to know which is working, but already I suspect the Nitric Oxide amino complex over the Synaptol. Not an endorsement, becuase this stuff is expensive, and I will look for cheaper alternatives, but the product is called Force Factor.

I'll continue with 2-3 doses of Synaptol each day, and update here again when the bottle is empty.
Add Female

Trenton, MI

#421 Jul 20, 2011
I am a 49 year old female with Add. I justed started taking the Synaptol today. I bought 1 bottle. If I don't feel any different I will be sending it back. I will keep you posted to let you know how I feel on it.
Add Female

Trenton, MI

#422 Jul 22, 2011
I have been on Synaptol for a three days and I haven't been able to sleep at night on it.I tried just taking in the morning and I still couldn't go to sleep. Im sending it back for a refund
donna

Corpus Christi, TX

#423 Jul 26, 2011
paradise man wrote:
Hello everyone!
some friends and I are going to try this stuff for a couple of months, we all adults from 40 to 60 and have been suffering for a long time.
We are willing to be guinea pigs and will keep you posted, especially for all those adults out there who need some help and hopefully for all those kids too
Aloha
how did the medicine work for you?
sue

Johannesburg, South Africa

#424 Jul 26, 2011
lisa from South Africa wrote:
I have read your testemonials, and so far this synaptol sounds good. I have my son on Concerta and I don't like the side effects and have read up on this and the dangers are just to much for me to consume. I want something natural and don't want to put my son in any danger of chemicals. I hope this works. My son is like a machine running overtime all the time.
where can i buy synaptol
sue

Johannesburg, South Africa

#425 Jul 26, 2011
i am in S.A. whee can i buy Synaptol:-)
Angela

Middle Island, NY

#426 Aug 3, 2011
SUSAN wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU MEAN LIKE HAVE THE CHILD ON RITALIN, AND NOW LOOK AT ALL THE SIDE AFFECTS OF THAT MEDICATION...... UNLESS YOU HAVE A CHILD WITH ADHD A
ND A BATTLE IT IS FOR THEM YOU WILL TRY ANYTHING....
.......You Tell Her!
Nicole

Caroline Springs, Australia

#427 Aug 3, 2011
can anyone pls tell me if I can buy Synaptol in Australia and if so where?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
rebecca

Austin, TX

#428 Aug 12, 2011
I have a huge exam coming up for medical school and am desperately trying to rev-up my concentration & focus. Caffeine is just not doing the trick anymore.

I looked up the ingredients for Synaptol and it is alarming. The term "natural" is quite misleading. Please do not forget that arsenic and hemlock are natural.

These ingredients are cut and pasted directly from the manufacturer's website:
Aconitum Ferox, Adrenalinum, Apis Mellifica, Argentum Nitricum, Avena Sativa, Baptisia Tinctoria, Cochlearia Armoracia, Medorrhinum, Phosphorus, Scutellaria Laterifolia, Sumbulus Moschatus, Viola Odorata

Aconitum Ferox is poison. Literally. Look it up! Adrenalium is the latin word for adrenaline which is a bit misleading-- it sounds "planty". Apis Mellifica is simulating the chemical reaction that occurs with a bee sting (this would naturally generate an adrenaline response), Argentum Nitrium is silver nitrate which can be intensely toxic. Everything after these ingredients could be beneficial and are what we typically think of as "homeopathic" therapy. But what happens when you combine so many chemicals into the body? Actually, nobody knows. There are 12 ingredients, each with its own chemical reaction, half of which carry significant risk as individual chemicals, not to mention what happens in combination.

The fact that the manufacturer claims there are NO side effects is impossible. They have no published info about any testing nor research, which I have requested with no response from the company. Either they haven't done any, or the results are not favorable enough to make public.

I agree with Andrea, that almost everything posted about Synaptol seems phony. They are not subject to any type of regulation from anybody anywhere as a drug company would be. Countless websites pull up advertising for their product. Customer reviews are a sneaky way to do product placement and marketing that seems legitimate. The market is saturated with messaging from Synaptol! BE CAREFUL!

I realize it must be so exhausting to parent a child with ADD but be careful with chemical therapies. I'm not a fan of pharmaceutical drugs that alter neurological function in children, though there is not always a better solution. Try doing "brain games" & exercises that improve focus or plain old regular exercise.

Lets see how long this post stays up!
rebecca

Austin, TX

#429 Aug 12, 2011
maria wrote:
I am concerned with the first ingredient Accontinum Ferox which is a venom. If in long term could affect the brain? Can an expert answer
It appears that it does not have a significantly risky effect on the brain, but it is extremely dangerous for the cardiovascular system and is potentially fatal.

The roots of Aconitum ferox supply the Nepalese poison called bikh, bish, or nabee. It contains large quantities of the alkaloid pseudaconitine, which is a deadly poison. It is treated chemically to detoxify it yet maintains rather intense & varying cardiovascular effects. It could slow or speed up your heart function and blood vessels which is dangerous. Aconite also depresses the activity of all nerve-terminals, the sensory being affected before the motor. In small doses, it therefore tends to relieve pain, if this is present. The activity of the spinal cord is similarly depressed. The pupil is at first contracted, and afterwards dilated. The cerebrum is totally unaffected by aconite, consciousness and the intelligence remaining normal to the last.

In other words, it would ever so slightly slow down or "paralyze" you, maybe in front of a book or computer, while maintaining brain function, thus increasing productivity. The risks, outweigh the benefits, however as it could literally stop your heart.

Toxicity:
The initial signs are gastrointestinal including nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. There is followed by a sensation of burning, tingling, and numbness in the mouth and face, and of burning in the abdomen. In severe poisonings pronounced motor weakness occurs and cutaneous sensations of tingling and numbness spread to the limbs. Cardiovascular features include hypotension, bradycardia, sinus tachycardia, and ventricular arrhythmias. Other features may include sweating, dizziness, difficulty in breathing, headache, and confusion. The main causes of death are ventricular arrhythmias and asystole, paralysis of the heart or of the respiratory center.[14][13] The only post-mortem signs are those of asphyxia. This is a potentially fatal medication.

I got information from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aconitum
NanaKaren

Elkhart, IN

#430 Aug 12, 2011
Look up many things that help people and you will find that certain amounts will harm you. Many people drink and ingest Splenda....look at those ingredients...one is chlorine!
If you don't make root beer just right it can kill you and it is made natural.
I'm not a phony poster and Synaptol helps my granddaughter a great deal with her attitude. She is 14 and wants to take it because she has realized how much calmer she is and much slower to anger. Everyone has their opinion but I still stand by mine. I still recommend it to others.
Donna

Las Vegas, NV

#431 Aug 13, 2011
I received Synaptol and gave 1 mil to my grandson yesterday about 11:00 am. At 9:30 last night he had a terrible headache and could not stop squirming and kicking his legs. I took him to the emergency room concerned something nuerological was happening. Of course by the time they were able to see him his symptoms were calming down. This episode he had lasted about 4 hours. He is ADD and 9 years old. He is on Methylin however I haven't given it to him this summer. At the ER the doctors recommended I not give the Synaptol anymore. Not sure if this was the cause or not. Not sure if I'll try this again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

ADHD Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Home school no longer just for the deeply relig... (Sep '13) Jun 27 Ronald 22
News FDA approves ADHD drug for binge-eating disorder Jun 17 karoll 7
News Children with autism and ADHD at increased risk... Jun 13 Friend 1
News Two-thirds of children with mental disorders do... Jun 12 The Ace of Spades 19
News ADHD symptoms common and problematic in childre... Jun 10 Friend 4
News Still more questions than answers about ADHD Jun 3 VACCINES CAUSE ADHD 1
News Growing demand for occupational, speech therapy... May '15 Anonymous 2
More from around the web