Help with Acne treatments
james black

Warrington, UK

#1 Apr 30, 2009
Skin spots and effective acne solutions - Your help is needed!!
Finding reliable acne products that cut through the bull and work!!
Hi everyone,
My name is James Black and I currently live in Cheshire, UK. Over the past few months I have been attempting to build a site that gives accurate and unbiased information for acne sufferers which will answer the following questions:
a. What are the reasons for people getting acne?
b. What are the symptoms of acne?
c. What effective treatment is there for acne that actually works?
The reason I have put this site together is simply because for years I have suffered from skin spots and in my younger years acne. In the same respect, for years I have looked for effective treatments and never found a lasting one.
This site has been built to serve the UK and Europe.
My call for help comes because I would like people to visit the site, give constructive feedback and possibly let me know what treatment they are using and how effective it has been?
This information will then be used for building an effective list of acne treatments that will be listed on the site to give future viewers accurate information about acne treatments.
Please forgive me for the site being poorly constructed.
This is my first attempt but I believe that I will get better over time.
You can acces the site through the following link.
http://www.skinspots.co.uk/1_14_Acne-Vulgaris...
Thanks in advance.
James

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

#4 Apr 6, 2011
The only safest cure or treatment to your acne is the natural products. Why risk your health when you can find some alternatives at home? No offense to those who have been marketing accutane here. Let's face it, accutane drug has been banned by the FDA already, in fact accutane settlements are one of the evident reports that could attest this issue.

Anyway, should you want to get more up to date infos about aqcne, accutane and its side effects, you can search more infos in this site. Check this out. http://www.accutanelawsuitsettlement.net/what...
Laura

Fremont, CA

#6 May 21, 2011
ClearPores - clearpores.com/ct/99781 Just wanted to write and say that I'm VERY satisfied with my purchase.

Since: Aug 11

Australia

#7 Apr 18, 2012
I am using a natural acne treatment for treating my acne. It effectively worked on me, it does not only treat and clear acne but also it leaves my skin soft and smooth as new.
Dana

Chicago, IL

#8 Aug 6, 2012
i know several people who went on accutane and it got them clear, i would suggest accutane in case one has a severe acne. Cause i have the experience.
&pl aynext=1&list=PLF672C8288F F07F09&feature=results_mai n

Since: Oct 13

Chantilly, VA

#9 Nov 5, 2013
Here are the home remedies for acne:

1. Baking Soda

Baking soda or sodium bicarbonate works as a gentle exfoliant for your skin. Thus, it unplugs the pores and removes dead skin. It also helps regulate the pH imbalance of the skin and has mild anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. All these characteristics make it an excellent home remedy for clearing acne.

Mix together two tablespoons baking soda, one teaspoon cinnamon powder, the juice of half a lemon, and five tablespoons honey. Apply it on your face and wash after 5 minutes.
You can also apply a paste of one or two teaspoons of baking soda and a little water. Again, rinse it off after five minutes. Use it once or twice a week.
2. Oatmeal

Oatmeal is beneficial in reducing acne because it cleanses your skin pores and absorbs excess oil. Plus, it exfoliates your skin.

Mix one teaspoon of honey and the juice of half a lemon in a cup of cooked oatmeal.
Rub this mixture over your skin.
Leave for 30 minutes and then rinse with lukewarm water.
3. Fuller’s Earth

Fuller’s earth also known as multani mitti is good for greasy and acne-prone skin as it absorbs excess oil (without over-drying your skin) and unclogs the pores. It helps improve your complexion too. You can find it at Indian grocery stores.

Mix equal proportions of Fuller’s earth (multani mitti), rose water, and sandalwood powder.
Apply this mud pack to your face.
Wash after it dries up.
4. Lemon Juice

The acidic property of lemons can be very useful in treating acne. Lemon will clean out dirt that has accumulated in the pores and will harden the sebum.

Rub a slice of lemon on the affected area and leave it for a few hours before rinsing your face with water.
You can also mix lemon juice with rose water in equal amounts and use the solution to wash the affected area thoroughly.
5. Toothpaste

The toothpaste that you use regularly to clean your teeth can also help clear up an acne problem. This is in fact one of the easiest home remedies for acne. Apply a small amount of toothpaste on the affected area before going to bed. The toothpaste will reduce the swelling and dry out the acne. Within a day or two, you should see significant improvement.

6. Tree Tea Oil

Another popular natural treatment for acne is tea tree oil. Tea tree oil acts like an antiseptic and this can help remove damaged skin cells by slightly irritating the skin. When tea tree oil is applied on the affected skin, it produces bacteria-fighting cells. Just apply one drop of tree tea oil to the affected area three times a day.
Mariette

UK

#10 Jan 26, 2014
As a 15yr. old girl (this was 16yrs. ago) I started Accutane from http://goo.gl/l9qLGH . After the initial 30 days of my acne getting worse I started to notice that day by day the acne lessened and the pores on my face became smaller and I didn't have to constantly blot the oil off my face. I had some dryness but it was a small sacrifice to look in the mirror and not see these big ugly zits causing me to feel ugly and self conscious. I also started to look people in the eyes and not constantly worry that they were staring at the state of my skin, or to go outside in the bright light and have people thinking negative things about me. After 3 mos. my skin was beautiful, without a single blemish, and the pores shrunk back to normal. Although I had the dryness that everyone experiences, it was SO WORTH IT. People talk about depression as a side effect, but honestly I was so deliriously happy with the results that I can say I was never depressed for even one day. After 1 yr. of being off the drug I started to get a few pimples and went back to the dermatologist. She started me on a second course immediately. That was 17yrs. ago. My skin has been perfect and flawless ever since. I never get a breakout. I shudder to think how my life would have been if it wasn't for this wonder drug. I would recommend it in a heartbeat. It changed my life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Acne Vulgaris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Best Practices: Light Therapy for moderate acne Nov 28 Samanta 8
News Forehead Acne Treatment (Nov '10) Sep '16 Enrick 19
News Fresh hope for acne sufferers (Apr '13) Sep '16 Anonymous 11
News Best Treatment For Adult Acne (Mar '14) Sep '16 vanessatan 5
I can help (Apr '16) May '16 Lebron 2
Eliminate Acne Quickly and Naturally. (May '16) May '16 Lebron 1
Dermatologic Solutions for Succesfully Treating... (Apr '16) Apr '16 lawrencejaeger 1
More from around the web