Home Made Acne Masks: The Low Cost Al...

Home Made Acne Masks: The Low Cost Alternative

There are 6 comments on the Buzzle.com story from May 25, 2009, titled Home Made Acne Masks: The Low Cost Alternative. In it, Buzzle.com reports that:

For people suffering from acne and not being able to afford various expensive acne treatments there is a good solution at our hands.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Buzzle.com.

Tallahassee, FL

#1 Jun 12, 2009
some thing that i can make at my house.........not
Acne Light Treatments

Liloan, Philippines

#2 Aug 19, 2009
Thanks for sharing some of the good and useful information about Acne light Therapy

Since: Oct 13

Dallas, TX

#6 Nov 5, 2013
Home Made Acne Masks:

1. Salt mask

Salt mask is not only effective for treating acne but also can be developed very easily. All you need is a little sea salt/cooking salt and water. Mix salt in water and leave it for 20 minutes. Apply this salt mask to the acne spots and then wash it off with clean water after 10 to 20 minutes. Salt is an effective natural cleanser which reduces the oil in your skin to a considerable amount thereby leaving your skin oil as well as acne free.

2. Egg white mask

It is one of the most simple and frugal natural acne masks that you can develop at home. Take an egg and nicely separate the egg white from the yolk and then apply the egg whites all over your face and leave it for 20 minutes. But before applying this mask, make sure that your face is cleansed and always wash it off with lukewarm water. However, people allergic to eggs are not recommended to use this mask.

3.Baking soda mask

To make this mask, all you need is baking soda and water. Clean your face with a gentle cleanser and apply this mixture of baking soda and water all over your face and leave it for 10 to 20 minutes before rinsing it off with cold water. This homemade mask makes your skin clear and regular application will help you get rid of acne easily and rapidly.

4.Yogurt mask

Yogurt mask is another effective mask which works wonder for acne ridden skin. All you need is one teaspoon of honey and one teaspoon of yogurt and mix them until they become a paste. However, it is better advised to pre-heat the honey before mixing it with yogurt. Apply this paste to your face for 10 or 20 minutes before washing it off with a washcloth and you will notice immediate changes in your skin tone.

5.Oatmeal mask

Make a paste of oatmeal and water and apply it on your face and then leave for 20 or 30 minutes. After washing it off with lukewarm water, you will feel your skin smooth and soft.
People suffering from acne forever remain in the quest for best acne treatment. If you also have to deal with acne ridden face every day then try these amazing homemade face masks to get rid of acne naturally and quickly.

Get Clearer Skin

West Bloomfield, MI

#7 Nov 11, 2013
These masks are a great idea. I love a more holistic approach to acne care. I've always had sensitive skin, so using some of the harsher chemicals have actually made my skin worse. I got some great acne advice at acnenomoreaudit.com

Since: Oct 13

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Nov 12, 2013
Strawberry Lemon Mask
1 tsp lemon juice
1 egg white
1 1/2 tsp honey
1/2 cup strawberries
Mash or blend the all the ingredients together.
Smooth over face.
Let it sit for about 10 minutes.
Rinse with warm water.

Apple Cider Vinegar Toner
1 tbsp raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp lukewarm filtered water
Mix the apple cider vinegar and filtered water together. It's good to start with a 1:1 ratio (50% ACV, 50% water), but you might find you need to dilute the mixture more based on the sensitivity of your skin.
Take a cotton pad or the corner of a washcloth and dip it into the solution. Spread evenly all over your face.
Donít rinse it off, but just let it air dry, then finish with a light layer of coconut oil as moisturizer. The smell can be a bit potent at first, but donít be dismayed! The smell quickly dissipates.

Baking Soda Mask
Lukewarm filtered water
1-2 tbsp powdered baking soda
Put the baking soda in a small bowl.
Slowly add water until it soaks into the baking soda and forms a paste.
Apply the paste to your face using small circular motions.

Cranberry Face Mask
3/4 cup cranberries (fresh berries work the best)
1/2 cup seedless grapes (red or green)
4 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 envelope plain gelatin
2 tsp oat powder (if you canít find oat powder, put some raw oatmeal in a coffee grinder or blender)
Puree the cranberries and seedless grapes in a blender.
Mix in the gelatin, oat powder and lemon juice and blend until it forms a paste. You can adjust the consistency by adding a little water if it's too thick or a bit more oat powder if its too thin.
Put the mixture into the fridge for an hour so that it will thicken up.
Take the mixture out of the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for about 10-15 minutes (unless you want a cold facial, which works well if your skin is puffy or irritated).
Apply the facial mask and let it soak in for 20-30 minutes.
Rinse with warm water.

Since: Nov 13

Crawley, UK

#9 Nov 13, 2013
Some of these tips are really useful. I would also like to let you know about an over the counter skin solution that worked wonders for me:-

Hope it works for you guys as well as it worked on my skin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Acne Vulgaris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Birth control pill turns 50 (May '10) Sep 9 medsonline4u 5
News Types of Acne Treatment - OTC, Oral, Topical, a... (Apr '13) Sep 9 medsonline4u 5
News Acne & Your Diet (Mar '13) Sep '15 Leticia 14
News Acne Treatments (Dec '14) Aug '15 Amanda Simon 7
News Dr. Roach: Powerful acne medication effective, ... Jun '15 Miztee 1
News Sam Smith debuts new look after 14-pound weight... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Forumman 1
News Acne Scarring Treatment (Jan '15) Jan '15 Clara 2015 1
More from around the web