Is diclofenac a stronger painkiller t...

Is diclofenac a stronger painkiller than ibuprofen?

There are 8 comments on the NLH Question Answering Service story from Jul 16, 2007, titled Is diclofenac a stronger painkiller than ibuprofen?. In it, NLH Question Answering Service reports that:

We assume you're referring to the treatment of acute pain. The Bandolier website contains the Oxford Pain Internet Site [1] and this includes the 'Oxford league table of analgesics in acute pain' [2]. For full ... via NLH Question Answering Service

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NLH Question Answering Service.

jane conner

Edinburgh, UK

#1 Aug 10, 2007
i would like to know the side effects this drug can cause in pregnancy
paula

Santa Rosa, CA

#2 Sep 23, 2007
took ibuprofen first night after having knee injected with anti inflamatory and suffered major pain. pain reduced remarkably. next day began diclofen doses. pain not aleviated, but stomach quite dismally affected.
stick to the ibuprofen if you can. it works better for the pain.
Shilpa Shamit

India

#3 Feb 16, 2008
want to know what is the safetenure for which an oral diclofenac can be consumed without having much side effects
Autumn

Asia/Pacific Region

#4 Jun 27, 2010
6 weeks ago I fell off and had a dislocated tail bone and until now I'm still having a sharp non-stop neddle and burning pain on my left leg (lower buttock and heel).
Is it ok if I take cataflam to reduce the pain?
Danny

Parker, CO

#5 Sep 30, 2010
People respond to NSAIDS differently, because we all have a different genetic makeup, two genders, different height and weight.
With that in mind, if I need something for quick relief of major pain, I'll take 600 mg. of ibuprofen.
However, if I torque the muscles in the shoulder I broke last year, I know I will need an inflam for a week. So, rather than taking ibuprofen three times a day, I'll opt for one Voltaren 100 SR a day and it will work as well.
Also, I've noticed that Naproxen seems to work better in females than males. Hope that helps.
hedache56

Colchester, UK

#6 May 10, 2012
Danny, an excellent point - people do respond differently.

Personally for my worn knee pain I find Ibruprofen does nothing to alleviate pain but Diclofenac has been very effective in pain relief and in reducing inflammation. Regretably, I have recently developed side effects so I cannot use Diclofenac.

No other mid-range medication has helped my knee. I find Paracetamol totally ineffective.

I have used Tramadol previosuly but I find that too powerful for anything other than prescribed, short term pain relief.
sarah

Chicago, IL

#7 Jun 10, 2012
I can recommend a reputable pharmacy (diclofenac)- http://24tabs.org Good price and quality.

Since: Oct 12

Montréal, Canada

#8 Oct 15, 2012
selling good pain pills like oxycotin, opana, oxycodone, roxicodone, adderall, ritalin,Xanax norco, lipitor,Voltarol Pain-Eze Tablets and other kinds of pain killers contact me at sharonzamani@yahoo.com or visit www.ellenmeds.org

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I need help. I don't know what's going on. 5 hr hkinslow0003 1
News Province backing 128-bed long-term care home in... 7 hr BoBo 1
News Annual Milton Dragon Boat Race to Raise Funds i... (May '13) 7 hr bring 100 beds back 4
News In Trump's First Year, Anti-Abortion Forces Mak... 20 hr Choicerocks 165
News Senators call for $1B for flu vaccine development Sat VACCINES CAUSE AU... 1
News Drugs, alcohol and suicides contribute to alarm... Sat Wake Up 3
watching wife get pregnant by another man (Jan '17) Sat black toy 4 wf 52
More from around the web