If Health Law Is Overturned, What Will Liberals Do?

Mar 28, 2012 Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com 4,941

If the Supreme Court strikes down all or part of President Obama 's health care law , it will have unraveled a legislative compromise that many liberals had viewed with suspicion from the beginning.

In one of the ironies of recent politics, Mr. Obama was a late convert to the merits of the individual mandate that now appears to be in danger of being declared unconstitutional.

But the president’s embrace of the mandate — and his willingness to abandon a so-called public option to get a health care deal — was a hard pill to swallow for many of his Democratic supporters.

The Affordable Care Act promises to provide health insurance to millions who lacked it. But it also stops far short of the idea that health care is a basic right for everyone living in the country. And it embraces the market-based system of private health care delivery that has long existed in America.

Full Story
Churmudgeon

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#3634 Jul 2, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
You can also get benzene in your Perrier.
Syria is experiencing a revolution. That is up to the Syrians. Don't you believe in freedom?
Correction Syria is having a civil war. Its not about freedom its insurgents sopported by folks who are not syrians. Those folks will be less free if the insurgents fail. The insurgents will enact Sari Law. Those insurgents are regilious bigots who are killing christans. It has nothing to do with freedom or even human rights.
Churmudgeon

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#3635 Jul 2, 2012
Should read less free if the insurgents prevail.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#3636 Jul 2, 2012
bullsxit this shouldnt pass
Churmudgeon

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#3637 Jul 2, 2012
Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> there is a web site for the arkansas commissioner of state lands www.cosl.org Anyone can bid on and buy tax delequent land its a public sale at the local courthouses. Ive bought parcels that where cheap not having any idea where the land was located. the decription given in the sales catalouge is not complete. that $450 parcel was one of those gambles. After doing all the leg work and deed search having it surveyed and petitioning the court to quiet title ect I spent another $500.oo It turned out to be river front property with a deeded access. I got a good deal and the people who bought from me got a good deal. When I advertized that parcel I got at least 10 phone calls the first day. Sold it to the second person who called & looked at it. Many folks where dissapointed and a few where angry that they didnt get to purchase it. There are 1000,s of parcels of tax delequent land sold every year by the arkansas commissioner of state lands . Its speculation and if things go sour you usually can get your money back but you dont recieve any interest. I dont know if you ever heard of the Resort Amuesment Park named Dogpatch located near Jasper Ark. It was sold for nonpayment of taxes. Another thing that has been making money is mineral rights. Myself I wont buy land that has the mineral rights severed. And I dont keep the mineral rights when I sell it. I bought one out of county very remote parcel of tax land because it was cheap and after searching the deeds found the mineral rights didnt go with it. I quit fooling with it. I never paid the Taxes and the state resold it. I never even visited the parcel never set foot on it. That is the only land deal I ever lost money on.
I was wondering did any of you check out the Arkansas commissioner of state lands website? wwwcosl.org Check out the negotiated bid list for sharp & fulton counties there are hundreds of parcels for sale.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#3638 Jul 2, 2012
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Colin Powell would have been a great president, however he was well and truely screwed over by Romsfield and others not only on the WMD issue but the fact he never considered the Iraq idea of any value in the first place. He knew it was a pandora's box but no one wanted to listen.
As for your other Republican, Ron Paul. I can tell you the middle east thought he was a gift from Allah they loved him. Even the Iranians would have welcomed his presidency due to the fact his foriegn policy outlook posed no threat to theirs. But somehow the tea party and other things the Republicans lost their way. The chosing of Sarah Palin in last election was a huge mistake and it's been the same ever since. Mcain would have at least been sensible, Romney has this Bush like presence you tend to think too many others are pulling his strings and he is not his own man. Which is no good for America, because then the f...g lobby groups end up running the country.
That doesn't go both ways? After all, who was really running the country up to 2010? Environmentalists, unions and lawyers. How did that work out for us?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#3639 Jul 2, 2012
Billy Ringo wrote:
"If Health Law Is Overturned, What Will Liberals Do"?
What will the Cons / Teabaggers Do?
I mean besides whine and wimper
Elect people that will De-Bama the country so we can get rid of Commie Care and all his other bad ideas.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#3640 Jul 2, 2012
Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> I was wondering did any of you check out the Arkansas commissioner of state lands website? wwwcosl.org Check out the negotiated bid list for sharp & fulton counties there are hundreds of parcels for sale.
Haha, you are trying to tempt me with my larger bank account soon.:)
Yes we would never see those prices or anything like it here.
Fact is what set the USA apart from the rest of the world was the single most important issue during colonial days was the fact that anyone could come there and buy a parcel of land. This also gave them voting rights. No where else in the world did this exist, the British who colonised us only gave land to the privilidged or someone who had done deeds to service the motherland. This was the same with the Spanish, the French and so on. Everything belonged to the King or Queen. So a dirt farmer could get on a ship and come to the US and make a new life. It was this single thing that was the seed for capitalism and free enterprise on a scale no other country had ever dreamt of. However most western economies all enjoy this privilidge now but do not get paraniod like you guys do about Governments over stepping the mark. That is something unique to your culture which the rest of us find puzzling. So when I tell you that if the world could choose the next US president and Obama would win by 80% of the vote you may think i'm an arrogant sob but its the truth. As you could see from those posts no one could understand why the health care issue was such a big deal. I was very young in school when we went to the metric system. All school books had to be changed, all house plans, tape measures, clothes sizes, labels on food, all speed signs, speedo's in cars, you name it the task was monumental. Yet it happened over a period of a couple of years and it was done. No one even remembers that now. What occured to me is why that has never happened in the US and it's only because of this culture of not liking change even if its for the better especially if governments come up with it. Although Canada did it and most other countries. But I'm sure if given the choice the East & West coast of the US would have done the same in a heartbeat if it was explained correctly.
realitycheck

Carmel, IN

#3641 Jul 2, 2012
Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> ITs not that it will quite possibly occur. Its happening. Then north pole shifted 40 miles closer to siberia in 2011. when you have to repaint runways because the GPS coordinates change its a shift. Now whether we have a complete reversal is the question. With a reversal the planet would stop spinning completely for a unknown time and start back rotating in the opposite direction. The sun reverses its poles about every 11 years. I dont think we will have a complete reversal at this time. Its believed the earth shifts its poles every 3600 years and has a complete reversal of polarity every 39600 years. The world goverments know the shift is happening. The reason why they dont tell the general public is there would be chaios. It will become obvious to the people in the near future. However it could take a century for the wandering poles to settle down. That is why the mayan calendar ends. The japan quake altered time. Time will be altered. Before the present calendar of 12 monts and leap year. the previous calendar before the last shift had 10 months of 36 days each, the lenghtof a year grew by 5 and 1/4 days. we are gonna need a new calendar! Myself im excited about the new adventure.
No one knows for sure when the shift will completely flip flop. That''s what I was trying to say. Just as no one knows for sure how HAARP is going to impact climate change, polar shifting or other aspects of the environment.
realitycheck

Carmel, IN

#3642 Jul 2, 2012
OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama doesn't care about such things but Mormon Messiah, White Horse Prophecy Holder, Bishop Smut Romputz, pornographer, does.
He will mandate sacred underwear and acceptable haircuts for all. If he does not like the way you look he will have his goons hold you down while he makes corrections to his liking.
He has done it many times before. What would stop him now?
Oh yes, Bishop Smut Romney would ban coffee, tea, wine, beer and adult beverages of all sorts.
Can you please provide a link to this? Assuming this was something he did while governor?
Churmudgeon

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#3643 Jul 2, 2012
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha, you are trying to tempt me with my larger bank account soon.:)
Yes we would never see those prices or anything like it here.
Fact is what set the USA apart from the rest of the world was the single most important issue during colonial days was the fact that anyone could come there and buy a parcel of land. This also gave them voting rights. No where else in the world did this exist, the British who colonised us only gave land to the privilidged or someone who had done deeds to service the motherland. This was the same with the Spanish, the French and so on. Everything belonged to the King or Queen. So a dirt farmer could get on a ship and come to the US and make a new life. It was this single thing that was the seed for capitalism and free enterprise on a scale no other country had ever dreamt of. However most western economies all enjoy this privilidge now but do not get paraniod like you guys do about Governments over stepping the mark. That is something unique to your culture which the rest of us find puzzling. So when I tell you that if the world could choose the next US president and Obama would win by 80% of the vote you may think i'm an arrogant sob but its the truth. As you could see from those posts no one could understand why the health care issue was such a big deal. I was very young in school when we went to the metric system. All school books had to be changed, all house plans, tape measures, clothes sizes, labels on food, all speed signs, speedo's in cars, you name it the task was monumental. Yet it happened over a period of a couple of years and it was done. No one even remembers that now. What occured to me is why that has never happened in the US and it's only because of this culture of not liking change even if its for the better especially if governments come up with it. Although Canada did it and most other countries. But I'm sure if given the choice the East & West coast of the US would have done the same in a heartbeat if it was explained correctly.
yes there are many who dislike the goverment. The worst thing that could happen after any disaster is someone come up and state im from the goverment and im here to help. Its called if its not broke dont fix it. Thats the big rub with the health care plan. We are being told you have to purchase insurance and if you dont you pay a fine. We are being made into criminals for doing absolutly nothing. And found guily and fined without a trial. And the IRS will attach your propery if you dont pay. First a sorry president took away land from the rightful owners marched them to the edge of the frointeer and gave their peoperty to his friends. Even though the supreme court ruled that it was wrong. Andrew Jackson was the worst ever until Obama. Many of the folks in the us have cherokee creek chocktaw ancestors and we dont like the goverment and for good reason. Then along came teddy roosevelt who didnt think the common citizens should own land. then we had the socialist theodore Roosevelt and his commie new deal and social security ponzi scheme . lats we have Obama and his hope & change? Now its the Liberal,s & greenies that want to control how we use our own land. The UN and NWO have tipped their hand too soon. people are waking up and seeing that Obama and all of the recient presidents are doing the UN,s bidding. The USA isnt stable anymore. Its broken and probably beyong fixing. One silver lining most of the world is in the same condition. That combined with the pole shift and the clatyclisms that will continue will be the undoing of big goverment and the NWO. Many folks will never understand or know what it means to own your own land. A person could only own a square yard of land. but when he is standing on that property he is king. I still believe only those who own land should be allowed to vote.
Churmudgeon

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#3644 Jul 2, 2012
realitycheck wrote:
<quoted text>No one knows for sure when the shift will completely flip flop. That''s what I was trying to say. Just as no one knows for sure how HAARP is going to impact climate change, polar shifting or other aspects of the environment.
A complete reversal will almost wipe life from the planet. The shifting we are having will change the face of the planet. many will perish but life on the earth will quickly rebound..http://media.photobuc ket.com/image/future%20map%20o f%20north%20america/eddo_2001/ MGSFutureMap-NorthAmerica.jpg
realitycheck

Carmel, IN

#3645 Jul 2, 2012
Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> A complete reversal will almost wipe life from the planet. The shifting we are having will change the face of the planet. many will perish but life on the earth will quickly rebound..http://media.photobuc ket.com/image/future%20map%20o f%20north%20america/eddo_2001/ MGSFutureMap-NorthAmerica.jpg
This is true and all the mercury laden light bulbs in the world won't stop it.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#3646 Jul 2, 2012
Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> A complete reversal will almost wipe life from the planet. The shifting we are having will change the face of the planet. many will perish but life on the earth will quickly rebound..http://media.photobuc ket.com/image/future%20map%20o f%20north%20america/eddo_2001/ MGSFutureMap-NorthAmerica.jpg
Well all this stuff might align with the Mayan calendar end of the world senerio. But we are doing our bit with the light bulbs an solar panels. The thing is, the USA has signed onto an environmental agreement which comes into force in 2020. So if the world doesn't end and you haven't prepared your economy for that carbon enforcement that even China and Russia have signed onto. Then it will hit like another Economic shock wave, that was the point of reducing green house gases on a voluntary basis leading up to that enforcement. But again it will end up another $hit fight for Obama like the health system or whomever is in power to get it through.
Churmudgeon

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#3647 Jul 2, 2012
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well all this stuff might align with the Mayan calendar end of the world senerio. But we are doing our bit with the light bulbs an solar panels. The thing is, the USA has signed onto an environmental agreement which comes into force in 2020. So if the world doesn't end and you haven't prepared your economy for that carbon enforcement that even China and Russia have signed onto. Then it will hit like another Economic shock wave, that was the point of reducing green house gases on a voluntary basis leading up to that enforcement. But again it will end up another $hit fight for Obama like the health system or whomever is in power to get it through.
The glowbull warming myth dont even get any political press in the USA. Those loonies have cried wolf the sky is falling and only a lunatic fringe believes that myth any longer. folks are more worried about jobs & the economy than the environment. The fact is there is no normal or optimal climate. And no one has the authority to dictate just what the optimal climate is. I believe the proverbal Shit will hit the fan before 2020. clatyclismic events of the collapse of the world propped up finance system or both.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#3648 Jul 2, 2012
As from this month we will be paying an extra 17% for electric with the carbon tax but so far fuel is exempt from this tax other than normal taxes.
I take your point thou, both Sydney and Brisbane which are 2 of our biggest cities here built de-salination plants which were hugely expensive on the basis they would have not enough water by 2010-12. As it happened, last summer Brisbane was flooded, the state it is in a land mass the size of Texas was under water. All of Sydney's dam's are now overflowing. In my own city we built another huge dam at an extra cost to our land taxes in preparation for the huge dry. All our dams are overflowing at the moment. So who knows, all i say better to prepare than ignore.
Churmudgeon

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#3649 Jul 2, 2012
OzRitz wrote:
As from this month we will be paying an extra 17% for electric with the carbon tax but so far fuel is exempt from this tax other than normal taxes.
I take your point thou, both Sydney and Brisbane which are 2 of our biggest cities here built de-salination plants which were hugely expensive on the basis they would have not enough water by 2010-12. As it happened, last summer Brisbane was flooded, the state it is in a land mass the size of Texas was under water. All of Sydney's dam's are now overflowing. In my own city we built another huge dam at an extra cost to our land taxes in preparation for the huge dry. All our dams are overflowing at the moment. So who knows, all i say better to prepare than ignore.
you might not believe this but there is a plate overriding the plate austrailia is on. tht is tilting your continent. the land is sinking being pushed down on one side and rising up on the other. Its the Indo australian plate. here is a cut & paste? a repeat of the flooding experienced last January along the east coast of Australia occurred. Once again, all the flooding was along the coastline, a backwash up the rivers. Most revealing were comments from a nursery owner in Port Macquarie about the sea water that had invaded his nursery. This did not come from rain.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#3650 Jul 2, 2012
Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> you might not believe this but there is a plate overriding the plate austrailia is on. tht is tilting your continent. the land is sinking being pushed down on one side and rising up on the other. Its the Indo australian plate. here is a cut & paste? a repeat of the flooding experienced last January along the east coast of Australia occurred. Once again, all the flooding was along the coastline, a backwash up the rivers. Most revealing were comments from a nursery owner in Port Macquarie about the sea water that had invaded his nursery. This did not come from rain.
So what are you saying, i should move to Ayers Rock (Uluru) but all the chief climate scientists here were being critcised for saying not to buy coastal real estate.:) But their warnings were more doomsday saying we would be flooded with climate refugees by the millions from low lying countries and crops turned into desert.
Churmudgeon

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#3651 Jul 2, 2012
Australia will be in a good and bad situation re the pole shift. The western 2/3 will go suddenly under water, due to the plate shared with Indian sliding under the Himalayas. However, the eastern 1/3 along with New Zealand will benefit from this, raising slightly out of the water, gaining land above where the melting ice caps will place sea level within two years after the pole shift. The eastern half of Australia and New Zealand benefit from this plate movement, lifting up as India is plunged under the Himalayas. Thus, even with the rising seas from melting poles, the mountains in eastern Australia and New Zealand will afford safe living areas. Due to its attachment to the plate including India, the continent of Australia will both suffer and benefit from the coming pole shift. During those moments when the Earth's crust stops moving, after having been dragged along with the core during the pole shift, the western half of Australia will suddenly go under the waves. This will seem, to the stunned residents, as though a tidal wave were steadily moving inland, and where the crest of the wave will not at first be high, the waters will just keep rising until all not afloat are drown. Those in boats may survive, though there is risk of capsizing, and they will find themselves out at sea and the washing about that will occur afterwards.
Churmudgeon

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#3652 Jul 2, 2012
Australia should not be worried about volcanoes, as it does not have any volcanoes active within the last 10,000 years in this vicinity. New Zealand has them because it is on an active fault line, but Australia does not. Certainly the Australian artesian basin will be affected by the Earth changes, and well before the tipping of the Indo-Australian Plate during the hour of the pole shift. We have mentioned that plates being raised will often bend at the point where they are rising up from ground level, and thus losing the support they used to enjoy. For Australia this breaking point occurs 1/3 of the way across the continent from the eastern shore. East of that point it is rising from the magma, and west of that point being pushed down into the magma so the plate can plunge under the Himalayas. Thus, the bending point is right in the middle of your artesian basin. This puts pressure on the water pool, so presumably it would tend to spurt out any tap, but also breaks the rock giving it access to escape. Overall, you will not lose your ground water, but there may be much flux during the times leading into the shift, as well as for many years afterwards. Plan for times when the water table seems to be dropping, but do not expect such times to last for long. Oz you can do a internet search for pole shifting or NIBIRU. It sounds looney and far fetched but it is what is happening. You dont gotta be a looney wearing a tin foil hat to believe something is up with the planet.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#3653 Jul 2, 2012
Well I planned on helping your economy out next spring or early summer by visiting there. However when I get there I don't want 100+deg days and to be wading through water or have to go to an ER with a mile long line up. So get onto those light bulbs and solar panels :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elizabeth Taylor & Michael Jackson at Her Final... 13 min Butterballs 10
GOP governors don't see 'Obamacare' going away 18 min Go Blue Forever 102
Camel maker Reynolds snuffs out workplace smoking 25 min Puking Princess 1
Should the U.S. Do More to Address the Ebola Ou... 2 hr Tolles Exposed 95
0569470225 hot massage in abu dhabi (Jan '14) 2 hr Robish 92
CO2 Alzheimer's Link (Aug '12) 2 hr Stealing Time the... 81
Anti-addiction groups call for new FDA chief 3 hr Andy 8
Esophagus Spasm - How my mom STOPS her Esophage... (May '12) 6 hr yorkshell 137

Health People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE