High resting heart rate (95-110) at 16 please respond

Posted in the Health Forum

James

Bethania, NC

#1 Nov 25, 2012
Hey I'm a 16 year old male and I have a question, this is my time on this site btw, I just googled health forum and found this. I've checked my heart rate today and yesterday because I'm just paranoid like that and its been hovering around 100, like between 95-110, and this is just sitting around. Obviously,(probably thanks to my constant anxiety and paranoia, I'm sure a regular 16 year old wouldn't be checking their heartrate for no good reason), this is causing me some concern. Do you have any idea why my heart rate would be so high? What are the dangers of having a resting heartrate this high? How would I go about lowering it? I'm not in terrible shape(I walk 2 miles home from school and go up 3 flights of stairs at least 3 times every school day) and I don't believe I have any family history of heart problems(but its definitely possible because I don't know my father's family) but I do have a family history of Bipolar disorder, anxiety, alcoholism, drug abuse, etc. Also, my cheeks get all flushed for no reason, could that have something to do with having too high of a heart rate or high blood pressure or something? Also, sometimes my heartrate isn't this high, sometimes its like 75-90. I have been on adderall this past week and Im on lexapro but I've been having these problems since I was about 12. Please respond, as soon as you can.
James

Bethania, NC

#2 Nov 25, 2012
Its down to about 85 now about 15 min from when it was 99...
shelby

Dublin, OH

#3 Nov 25, 2012
James wrote:
Its down to about 85 now about 15 min from when it was 99...
Well James how is your blood pressure with the heart rate,anxiety can do a lot of things trust me with the rate and blood pressure
shelby

Dublin, OH

#4 Nov 25, 2012
James wrote:
Hey I'm a 16 year old male and I have a question, this is my time on this site btw, I just googled health forum and found this. I've checked my heart rate today and yesterday because I'm just paranoid like that and its been hovering around 100, like between 95-110, and this is just sitting around. Obviously,(probably thanks to my constant anxiety and paranoia, I'm sure a regular 16 year old wouldn't be checking their heartrate for no good reason), this is causing me some concern. Do you have any idea why my heart rate would be so high? What are the dangers of having a resting heartrate this high? How would I go about lowering it? I'm not in terrible shape(I walk 2 miles home from school and go up 3 flights of stairs at least 3 times every school day) and I don't believe I have any family history of heart problems(but its definitely possible because I don't know my father's family) but I do have a family history of Bipolar disorder, anxiety, alcoholism, drug abuse, etc. Also, my cheeks get all flushed for no reason, could that have something to do with having too high of a heart rate or high blood pressure or something? Also, sometimes my heartrate isn't this high, sometimes its like 75-90. I have been on adderall this past week and Im on lexapro but I've been having these problems since I was about 12. Please respond, as soon as you can.
James I was surfing the web and seen if your heart is pounding or beating fast on adderall get ahold of your doctor .ok

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Skinnylicious Cooking Review - Flavia Del Monte 44 min David Miller 1
A woman waits to file taxes at an office in Han... 1 hr bac ky lix thieu 2
CDC for The Greater Good 2 hr friend 22
Nation's smoking habits revealed 3 hr Taajsgpm 1
Electronic Cigarette Safety Up For Debate (Aug '13) 3 hr Taajsgpm 11
Huffing, puffing on e-cigs 3 hr Taajsgpm 32
Immigrants Social Security eligible in Obama plan 5 hr Cracker 21
E-cigarettes contain up to 10 times carcinogens... 6 hr jeanrose770 2
Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) 10 hr SalvyGirl 5,993

Health People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE