Williamsburg officials consider publi...

Williamsburg officials consider public smoking ban

There are 55 comments on the WKYT story from Jan 17, 2013, titled Williamsburg officials consider public smoking ban. In it, WKYT reports that:

Health officials say the smoking ban could pass during the February City Council meeting.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WKYT.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
scardy cat

United States

#1 Jan 20, 2013
There is only one eating place in williamsburg that allows smoking why can't they gust leave it alone.
truth seeker

United States

#2 Jan 20, 2013
Rodney said the alcohol vote would bringing in new business where is all that. don't let them take away your right to smoke.
TruthBeTold

Dearborn Heights, MI

#3 Jan 22, 2013
The reality is....smoking violates the rights of everyone, seeker!

You smokers need to get a grip, freakin addicts without the ability to sit through a effing meal, and not have to obsessively get your "fix" ONE HOUR, really???

If you are hooked that bad where you cannot go out, sit down in a restaurant, order a meal, and spend aprox an hour without firing up a cancer stick, then I would say you are so pathetically hooked that there really is no hope for you!

We all know your house likely stinks, your car windows are yellowed, your ashtrays are half to completely full, and there are several burn-holes throughout your existence.

I really have no empathy for a chemical addict fool that burns and ingests chemically saturated tobacco leaves, then expects everyone else to accept it as normal.

Wake up you dinosaur this is the 21st century, your habit went away with TWA, S&H green stamps, and b&w tv!

Grow up for heaven sake!

This message was brought to you by PallMall!

And there is your "truth" you "seek"! roflmao

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#4 Jan 23, 2013
Smoking should be banned
truth seeker

United States

#5 Jan 23, 2013
Truth be told first I DON'T SMOKE so you surely missed it on my addiction and the condition of my house and I am 54 so I am all grown up. Strange that your E.S.P. failed you. The point I was trying to make was that the owner of the business should make the call as to whether they allow smoking or not it should not be left up to the government to my knowledge only one eating place in Williamsburg still allows smoking I simply don't go there. I will ask you the same Question I have ask lots of other people have you EVER been Forced to enter A building of any kind that allows smoking or any thing else that you find offensives so lighten up the next right Big Brother tries to take may be one you favor keeping.
No smoking

Allentown, PA

#6 Jan 24, 2013
truth seeker wrote:
Truth be told first I DON'T SMOKE so you surely missed it on my addiction and the condition of my house and I am 54 so I am all grown up. Strange that your E.S.P. failed you. The point I was trying to make was that the owner of the business should make the call as to whether they allow smoking or not it should not be left up to the government to my knowledge only one eating place in Williamsburg still allows smoking I simply don't go there. I will ask you the same Question I have ask lots of other people have you EVER been Forced to enter A building of any kind that allows smoking or any thing else that you find offensives so lighten up the next right Big Brother tries to take may be one you favor keeping.
If it's left up to the owner, do you really think he's going to prohibit smoking on his premises when it could compromise sales or his business? I may not be forced to enter a building that allows smoking but if it is allowed in many buildings, where does one go when they need to enter a building for whatever reason? Many people including myself, have Asthma, allergies and other health issues where inhaling toxic fumes can further compromise their health. My mother lives in a high-rise and smoking was permitted there up until a few months ago. The problem was that the smoke fumes were migrating into the other apartments and people were becoming sick. A petition was drawn and health representatives came to test the air quality in the building and it was not good. Smoking is now prohibited in the building and with good reason. Babies, young children and the elderly are particularly vulnerable to 2nd hand smoke. There's enough contaminants and pollution in the air, and we don't need more of it. Everyone needs as clean air as possible to maintain health and to help avoid illness.
HowzBoutDat

Myersville, MD

#8 Jan 24, 2013
No smoking wrote:
<quoted text>
If it's left up to the owner, do you really think he's going to prohibit smoking on his premises when it could compromise sales or his business? I may not be forced to enter a building that allows smoking but if it is allowed in many buildings, where does one go when they need to enter a building for whatever reason? Many people including myself, have Asthma, allergies and other health issues where inhaling toxic fumes can further compromise their health. My mother lives in a high-rise and smoking was permitted there up until a few months ago. The problem was that the smoke fumes were migrating into the other apartments and people were becoming sick. A petition was drawn and health representatives came to test the air quality in the building and it was not good. Smoking is now prohibited in the building and with good reason. Babies, young children and the elderly are particularly vulnerable to 2nd hand smoke. There's enough contaminants and pollution in the air, and we don't need more of it. Everyone needs as clean air as possible to maintain health and to help avoid illness.
That was very nice of to so clearly admit that you and your ilk are not wanted by businesses.
truth seeker

United States

#9 Jan 24, 2013
No smoking wrote:
<quoted text>
If it's left up to the owner, do you really think he's going to prohibit smoking on his premises when it could compromise sales or his business? I may not be forced to enter a building that allows smoking but if it is allowed in many buildings, where does one go when they need to enter a building for whatever reason? Many people including myself, have Asthma, allergies and other health issues where inhaling toxic fumes can further compromise their health. My mother lives in a high-rise and smoking was permitted there up until a few months ago. The problem was that the smoke fumes were migrating into the other apartments and people were becoming sick. A petition was drawn and health representatives came to test the air quality in the building and it was not good. Smoking is now prohibited in the building and with good reason. Babies, young children and the elderly are particularly vulnerable to 2nd hand smoke. There's enough contaminants and pollution in the air, and we don't need more of it. Everyone needs as clean air as possible to maintain health and to help avoid illness.
I Don't Think There is NO SMOKING BAN in Williamsburg TODAY There is only one eating place in the city limits that I know of that allows smoking the market place is already taking care of it Don't Believe me LOOK for the sign on the door DA!
scardy cat

United States

#11 Jan 27, 2013
Bump to top
customer

Stearns, KY

#12 Jan 27, 2013
i enjoy going to the huddle house in williamsburg. i just wish it was a non smoking establishment. you have to come home and take another shower and take headache medicine from all the smoke. it would actually bring in more business once the word got out. hope the owners will consider getting rid of the smoke . the smokers will return eventually ,just without the smoke.
scardy cat

United States

#13 Jan 27, 2013
customer wrote:
i enjoy going to the huddle house in williamsburg. i just wish it was a non smoking establishment. you have to come home and take another shower and take headache medicine from all the smoke. it would actually bring in more business once the word got out. hope the owners will consider getting rid of the smoke . the smokers will return eventually ,just without the smoke.
They do go orders. and every other eating place in williamsburg bans smoking.or are you really just down on smokers.
customer

Stearns, KY

#14 Jan 28, 2013
scardy cat wrote:
<quoted text>
They do go orders. and every other eating place in williamsburg bans smoking.or are you really just down on smokers.
i like to sit down, relax and enjoy my meal and visit with friends the same as everyone else. i just dont want to be covered in smoke while i do so. they will double their business when they stop the smoking and let the public know they have became a non smoking business. the smokers will learn to step outside in the wide open air.
scardy cat

United States

#15 Jan 28, 2013
customer wrote:
<quoted text> i like to sit down, relax and enjoy my meal and visit with friends the same as everyone else. i just dont want to be covered in smoke while i do so. they will double their business when they stop the smoking and let the public know they have became a non smoking business. the smokers will learn to step outside in the wide open air.
and every other eating place in Williamsburg BANS SMOKING and allows sit down eating. you can visit any or all of they if that cost huddle house enough Buisness
they will ban smoking if not they will continue to allow smoking.
We just don't need the goverment stepping in THE MARKET WILL REGULATE IT'S SELF....
scardy cat

United States

#16 Jan 30, 2013
Today I Counted eating places in Williamsburg counting pizza places and drive in's there are 21. only one allows smoking we really need a city wide smoking ban don,t we.
scardy cat

United States

#17 Jan 31, 2013
How about all those who want to see a law banning smoking list all the public places in the city of williamsburg where smoking is allowed.
scardy cat

United States

#18 Feb 1, 2013
None yet surely they aren't hard to find!!!
No Smoking

Allentown, PA

#19 Feb 1, 2013
HowzBoutDat wrote:
<quoted text>
That was very nice of to so clearly admit that you and your ilk are not wanted by businesses.
Hows a bout you (and your ilk) go treat yourself to a carload of unfiltered cigarettes and puff your life away - preferably in a locked closet - then the rest of us wouldn't have to be discussing smoking bans.
scardy cat

United States

#21 Feb 2, 2013
Don't Smoke. and it's conservatives that try to protect you rights. NON YET.
scardy cat

United States

#22 Feb 3, 2013
None Yet!
scardy cat

United States

#23 Feb 4, 2013
If Smoking in public buildings is such a problem. Why will somebody not out the places where it is allowed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vaccine shortage expected next week (Nov '09) 4 hr chlamydia vaccine 4
News Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) 4 hr Never been pregnant 6,882
News All gay and bisexual men should get meningitis ... 5 hr Thats Right 6
Joni Mitchell Successfully Treated for Morgello... (May '12) 13 hr Dawn 64
News You've been breathing all wrong 14 hr Liz871 1
News Scabies. 15 hr John Latham 2
News GASP works to ban smoking at city-owned parks, ... 17 hr marke 4
Nudity at doctor's office (Mar '07) Tue james 93
More from around the web