The search to find a cure for autism

The search to find a cure for autism

There are 12 comments on the GlobalNews story from Apr 23, 2014, titled The search to find a cure for autism. In it, GlobalNews reports that:

And even with the advent of genome sequencing, unfortunately, researchers haven't come up with the magic answer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GlobalNews.

Vaccines Cause Autism

Winnipeg, Canada

#1 Apr 24, 2014
More media plopaganda.
TRASH MEDIA

Winnipeg, Canada

#2 Apr 25, 2014
More trash from the media. With Vaccine Maker's billion's of $$ profits selling snake oil each year, it can pay for opinion pieces (pieces of crap) that pretend to be backed by science or social norms. Many are dumb enough to accept this garbage as real, but intelligent people know how government and Big Corporate collude to manipulate the public.
ANOTHER FORUM

Winnipeg, Canada

#3 Apr 30, 2014
Wow more mor ons making comments.
ANOTHER FORUM

Winnipeg, Canada

#4 Apr 30, 2014
And all the bogus stories and trash science about autism you'd ever want to ignore.
Global Trash Science

Winnipeg, Canada

#5 Apr 30, 2014
Most stories are closed to comment and have zero comments.

Since: Jul 14

Chelyabinsk, Russia

#6 Jul 8, 2014
dont see how u could "cure" brain wiring disorder. prevent it maybe but only if they know what causes it. my son would never want to be cured becase then he would'nt be himself!
Really

Beverly, MA

#7 Jul 8, 2014
Magic cure = Birth Control

Too many folks are having kids and regretting it even when the kids are born healthy.

It is time that folks really weigh their options and chose not to have kids.

Have heard too many folks say that the reason they had kids was to please grandparents.

Let the grandparents volunteer at a daycare or something. Tell them it is your life and that you do not have to breed just because they want a kid to spoil and send back to you completely ruined by over indulgence.

Enough is enough.

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Jul 27, 2014
autism_mom64 wrote:
dont see how u could "cure" brain wiring disorder. prevent it maybe but only if they know what causes it. my son would never want to be cured becase then he would'nt be himself!
And since it is in the DNA. By 'curing' it. That person is no longer in many ways the bio child of his or her parents. Since one has to go down to the DNA to remove ASD.
.
http://genetics.thetech.org/original_news/new... To look for these changes, a team of researchers compared the DNA of autistic children to their parents. What they found at least 10% of the kids had missing or extra DNA compared with their parents. These DNA changes may explain the children's autism. And this number may be an underrepresentation.
.
http://www.technologyreview.com/news/409372/d... However, because the disorder is linked to a combination of genetic variations, each playing a minor role, identifying specific genetic triggers has been difficult. Now new microarray technologies, which allow scientists to screen a million or more genetic variations in thousands of patients, are enabling the much larger studies needed to pinpoint these triggers.
Wrong again

Winnipeg, Canada

#9 Jul 27, 2014
Sangelia wrote:
<quoted text>
And since it is in the DNA. By 'curing' it. That person is no longer in many ways the bio child of his or her parents. Since one has to go down to the DNA to remove ASD.
.
http://genetics.thetech.org/original_news/new... To look for these changes, a team of researchers compared the DNA of autistic children to their parents. What they found at least 10% of the kids had missing or extra DNA compared with their parents. These DNA changes may explain the children's autism. And this number may be an underrepresentation.
.
http://www.technologyreview.com/news/409372/d... However, because the disorder is linked to a combination of genetic variations, each playing a minor role, identifying specific genetic triggers has been difficult. Now new microarray technologies, which allow scientists to screen a million or more genetic variations in thousands of patients, are enabling the much larger studies needed to pinpoint these triggers.
Oh look Sangelia can copy Plopaganda. Inherited autism is only 3-9% The rest is not explained by inheritance and is CAUSED.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#10 Jul 27, 2014
Ross Coe has no clue what percentage is inherited, genetics in no area has found all the related human genes to anything. That science is just starting. Studies have located genes such as the Shank, and now science has found the MMP-9. Early studies of twins estimated the heritability of autism to be more than 90 percent, not 3-9 percent, which is wishful thinking on anti vaxxers part and outright misinfo. There are about 20 genes that have been located thus far, and none of them have anything to do with vaccines being the cause.
Some People

Winnipeg, Canada

#11 Jul 28, 2014
friend wrote:
Ross Coe has no clue what percentage is inherited, genetics in no area has found all the related human genes to anything. That science is just starting. Studies have located genes such as the Shank, and now science has found the MMP-9. Early studies of twins estimated the heritability of autism to be more than 90 percent, not 3-9 percent, which is wishful thinking on anti vaxxers part and outright misinfo. There are about 20 genes that have been located thus far, and none of them have anything to do with vaccines being the cause.
friend is either lying or she's stupid. Possibly both.
PREVENT AUTISM NOW

Winnipeg, Canada

#12 Aug 1, 2014
Why search for a cure to man made conditions like autism? Prevent it instead and get researching on why vaccines cause it instead. Vaccines are the ONLY common denominator in a worldwide phenomenon

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Harbor-UCLA Medical Center cited for safety vio... (Oct '11) 48 min Raj Chanani 69
News Signs of bladder infection might indicate somet... (Jan '13) 1 hr Tonya 7
News California raises smoking age to 21, tightens v... (May '16) 1 hr Wow 32
News Ottawa wants to ban smoking in apartments or co... 1 hr Wow 2
News Smoking causes wrinkles 1 hr Wow 2
B-12 and Lipotropic Injections for Weight Loss (Jun '06) 3 hr BrittanyS 4,740
News Black Men at Greater Risk for Prostate Cancer: ... 3 hr Prostate Masseur 1
News Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) 18 hr Alexisb16 7,138
Nudity at doctor's office (Mar '07) Feb 20 Sandra 148
More from around the web