Woman jailed for deliberately giving man HIV

Full story: Reuters UK 9
A woman was jailed for 36 months on Monday for deliberately infecting a man with HIV. Read more
Sparky

Worcester, MA

#1 Jun 20, 2006
36 months??? naw, give her 48 and a half months with no meds whatsoever.
nakedindian

Paul, ID

#2 Jun 20, 2006
That guy must be an idiot. She looks like a crackhead and condoms can save lives.
jack sprat

Brecon, UK

#3 Jun 22, 2006
[I read in an article, that some of the men that have been identified as having had relations with her have refused to get tested. Dumb and even more dumber!!!!]
1Nonly

Woodbridge, VA

#4 Jun 25, 2006
there are so many cases where men and women are resentful of the disease and try to destroy anothers life because they realize there is no cure and they don't want to suffer alone. misery loves company and now we see why
lookn4u2nga

Columbus, GA

#5 Jun 27, 2006
I lived with a man for three (3) years, was planning on getting married and living happily ever after. In March 2005, he was told he had lymphoma, a type of cancer, he went down hill quickly, only after he was transferred to another medical facility did I find out he had been HIV positive since 1990, he was active duty military (Army) he never told me and he never told his oncoligist. He stopped taking his meds and seeing his doctors in 2001, he never was sick the entire time we were together until he was told he had lymphoma. The laws need to be changed and changed quickly!!!It just goes to show you can't judge a book by its cover
GollyGee

AOL

#6 Jun 27, 2006
lookn4u2nga wrote:
I lived with a man for three (3) years, was planning on getting married and living happily ever after. In March 2005, he was told he had lymphoma, a type of cancer, he went down hill quickly, only after he was transferred to another medical facility did I find out he had been HIV positive since 1990, he was active duty military (Army) he never told me and he never told his oncoligist. He stopped taking his meds and seeing his doctors in 2001, he never was sick the entire time we were together until he was told he had lymphoma. The laws need to be changed and changed quickly!!!It just goes to show you can't judge a book by its cover
You have my sympathy and I want you to know you are not alone. I have a very close friend who married but her husband did not know he was infected. He became ill within 3 months of their wedding and was dead by the 8th month. She was devastated, alone and infected. But, I want you to know she rose from the ashes and 10 years later she is not only doing well, after some serious illnesses, but has established one of the most dynamic HIV/AIDS services for women and children in the country. She's quite a lady to say the least. So, bless you and chin up. Out of great sorrow great accomplishments often arise. Best.
lookn4u2nga

Columbus, GA

#7 Jun 28, 2006
Thank you GollyGee, its been hard these past nine (9) months. I keep telling myself I am so blessed. I would very much like to get involved in raisng awareness to young people, especially our young girls, I just don't really know how or where to begin, if you have any information please email me at lookn4u2nga@yaoo.com..Thanks again!
GollyGee

AOL

#8 Jun 28, 2006
lookn4u2nga wrote:
Thank you GollyGee, its been hard these past nine (9) months. I keep telling myself I am so blessed. I would very much like to get involved in raisng awareness to young people, especially our young girls, I just don't really know how or where to begin, if you have any information please email me at lookn4u2nga@yaoo.com..Thanks again!
Watch for my e-mail within the next few minutes. You will recognize my address...it starts with a "G", of course.
GollyGee

AOL

#9 Jun 28, 2006
GollyGee wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch for my e-mail within the next few minutes. You will recognize my address...it starts with a "G", of course.
Sorry LookN, my e-mail did not get through to you successfully. It was returned as undeliverable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sex In Old Age Is More Important Than You Thought 6 min I hate humans 90
News Fifty percent of all children to be autistic in... 9 min ASD Smiles 8
News Autism advocates savor gains, see challenges th... 25 min Education 3
News Lesbians Receiving Unequal Treatment from Cuban... 45 min U S MALE 4
News Brien Center Employees Protest Contract Wage... 56 min crowbar 9
News Smoking ban becomes law (Dec '09) 2 hr TruthBeTold 203
News Inspection finds delay in veteran's care at Ind... 2 hr GOLDSTONE REPORT 1
News Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) 4 hr Knc198417 6,226
More from around the web