Should Nuns Take the Pill for Health ...

Should Nuns Take the Pill for Health Reasons?

There are 3 comments on the KSFO AM 560 story from Dec 8, 2011, titled Should Nuns Take the Pill for Health Reasons?. In it, KSFO AM 560 reports that:

"If the Catholic Church could make the oral contraceptive pill freely available to all its nuns, it would reduce the risk of those accursed pests, cancer of the ovary and uterus, and give nuns' plight the recognition it deserves," Kara Britt of Monash University in Victoria and Roger Short of the University of Melbourne wrote in The Lancet .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KSFO AM 560.

Vaccines Kill

Winnipeg, Canada

#1 Dec 8, 2011
For Christ's sake, nothing is sacred to Pharma, not even a nun's putang. If Pharma has something to treat or prevent, call it something else not birth control. But take not, some nuns would never need it, and they have side effects. Trusty Pharma is like trusting the Devil himself. I'd take my chances going natural, not Pharma.

Since: Mar 12

U.K

#2 Dec 11, 2012
i don't believe it is a preventative, i was on the pill for over 15 years and I developed cervical cancer and ovarian pre-cancer. After that i had advanced breast cancer. i now don't think people should mess about with their natural hormone balance.
Pharmafia Greed

Winnipeg, Canada

#3 Dec 11, 2012
Dream Carousel wrote:
i don't believe it is a preventative, i was on the pill for over 15 years and I developed cervical cancer and ovarian pre-cancer. After that i had advanced breast cancer. i now don't think people should mess about with their natural hormone balance.
Absolutely. Its only fear mongering marketing. Its standard Pharma behavior.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News High HIV rates for gay men in some southern cities 31 min Xstain Spot Remover 16
News Put to the test: A young woman talks life with HIV 1 hr Three Rounds 1
News Americans are more overweight than ever, CDC su... 4 hr TimeforHonesty 10
News Federal tax hike on cigarettes is criticized by... (Mar '09) 4 hr Share tax 6
News A Pentecost on Crete? 6 hr Julie Chance 1
Morgellons - What I believe it really is (Oct '12) 6 hr Roxy1 182
News Weight-loss surgery 'cost-effective option' in ... 7 hr gloriawiggin 1
News Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) Mon Panyo 6,822
More from around the web