Editorial: Cal State Long Beach must balance healthful living with the right to smoke on campus

Dec 20, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Press-Telegram

The freedom to light up a cigarette is getting snuffed out at every turn in the Golden State, from restaurants and bars to beaches and parks.

Comments
1 - 12 of 12 Comments Last updated Dec 22, 2012
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2012

Judged:

Millions of effete busybodies are dying of "secondhand smoke" hysteria. One can only wonder how student "Government" could even think of permitting decent students on campus who partake in the simple worker ("middle") class pleasure of enjoying an occasional tobacco product.

Taxpayer subsidized student "Government" activists should emulate the behavior of their wealthy taxpayer supported LBUSD Government teacher agent peers who have taken a firm anti-tobacco smoker stand. Those aging 60s 70s era social activists are willing to use their time and hard earned taxpayer money printing and posting costly "NO DECENT TOBACCO SMOKERS ALLOWED ON THIS TAXPAYER FUNDED GOVERNMENT CAMPUS AT ANY TIME!

Just remember. If "the normals" get the idea of personal choice, next thing you know they will be demanding the repeal of the Lowenthal grocery bag tax.

Ronald
patriot

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

Ronald wrote:
Millions of effete busybodies are dying of "secondhand smoke" hysteria. One can only wonder how student "Government" could even think of permitting decent students on campus who partake in the simple worker ("middle") class pleasure of enjoying an occasional tobacco product.
Ronald
The only effete busybodies in this case are the old closet cases squealing in agony that somebody wants to keep them away from their penis substitutes for more than a nanosecond.
Long ago, Freud concluded that cigarettes are the exclusive interest of those who must have penis in their mouths 24/7. That is a fact, you crazy old queen.
I suggest you stop crying about not having a small penis in your mouth every moment of every day, and count your blessings that you can still walk around this city with your dildo strapped and sealed over your old bung hole, with no fear of unannounced pat downs from the local police. America is still the best country in the world for old queens, and don't you ever forget it.
The Mad Man

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
The only effete busybodies in this case are the old closet cases squealing in agony that somebody wants to keep them away from their penis substitutes for more than a nanosecond.
Long ago, Freud concluded that cigarettes are the exclusive interest of those who must have penis in their mouths 24/7. That is a fact, you crazy old queen.
I suggest you stop crying about not having a small penis in your mouth every moment of every day, and count your blessings that you can still walk around this city with your dildo strapped and sealed over your old bung hole, with no fear of unannounced pat downs from the local police. America is still the best country in the world for old queens, and don't you ever forget it.
Oh do you have issues...?
In Mom_s Basement

Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

I'm with Ronald on this one. I went to college in those golden days when the students could light up in the classrooms and lecture halls, our professors obscured by the smoke from hundreds of 20-year-olds puffing away. Four years of first- and second-hand smoke didn't hurt me.

In Mom_s Basement
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
patriot.

Even Freud's most fervent disciples admit that he was a voyeuristic quack and a shameless fraud. Even so, he was right when he said that, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Freud's favorite "cure" for any ailment was ingesting ever greater amounts of cocaine. After Freud passed on, the use of such "cures" was criminalized. Revolutionary activists have "not yet" been able to legalize the "medicinal" use of cocaine.

Even so, effete zonked out taxpayer supported university student "Government" activists carry on Freud's "tradition" by "medicating on mind rotting pot. I guess they are making do until the corrupt politicians and the high-paid agenda driven Government judges "legalize" better "medicine" for them.

Ronald
realtor

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
patriot.
Even Freud's most fervent disciples admit that he was a voyeuristic quack and a shameless fraud. Even so, he was right when he said that, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Freud's favorite "cure" for any ailment was ingesting ever greater amounts of cocaine. After Freud passed on, the use of such "cures" was criminalized. Revolutionary activists have "not yet" been able to legalize the "medicinal" use of cocaine.
Even so, effete zonked out taxpayer supported university student "Government" activists carry on Freud's "tradition" by "medicating on mind rotting pot. I guess they are making do until the corrupt politicians and the high-paid agenda driven Government judges "legalize" better "medicine" for them.
Ronald
In spite of all that, you DO enjoy sampling the penis whenever you can, don't you?
anonymous

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

realtor wrote:
<quoted text>
In spite of all that, you DO enjoy sampling the penis whenever you can, don't you?
Answer the question, Ronald, you skizzy ol' homo!
CSULB Josh

Los Alamitos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

We need Big Brother to tell us how many sheets of toilet paper we can use per seating. We aren't as smart as other Americans. Look who Long Beach voters elect to "represent" us. Pitiful.
to your health

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

LA CETTO.COM - Vinos Mexicanos - Mexican Wineries -
to your health

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

L. A. Cetto - Vinos con nombre y apellido.
anonymous

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
anonymous.
Yes.
Ronald
Let the record show that when asked if he's a devoted sampler of penis, and if his smoking helps to curb his appetite for penis so that he can make it to and from the grocery store without being arrested for sexual assault, Ronald answered affirmatively.

I submit to you, Ronald, to stop with the pro-smoking tirades and be honest and specific from now on. That is, it's not that you enjoy smoking at all, it's just that you will do anything to fool your brain into thinking a penis is in your mouth 24/7.

Set yourself free, Ronald. Discard the straw man. Take your case for penis directly to the people. You're old, you don't have long to live, so who cares about anything but penis, at this point. You certainly shouldn't.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Judged:

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Let the record show that when asked if he's a devoted sampler of penis, and if his smoking helps to curb his appetite for penis so that he can make it to and from the grocery store without being arrested for sexual assault, Ronald answered affirmatively.
I submit to you, Ronald, to stop with the pro-smoking tirades and be honest and specific from now on. That is, it's not that you enjoy smoking at all, it's just that you will do anything to fool your brain into thinking a penis is in your mouth 24/7.
Set yourself free, Ronald. Discard the straw man. Take your case for penis directly to the people. You're old, you don't have long to live, so who cares about anything but penis, at this point. You certainly shouldn't.
anonymous.

Yes. It would save me a lot of time were you to just write what you want me to say and for me to sign it. Wouldn't that embody at least the "democratic spirit" of the anti-decent tobacco smoker agenda of the degenerate politically correct taxpayer supported effete university student "Government" crowd?

Ronald

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••