ADHD Drug Shortage Has Patients, Pare...

ADHD Drug Shortage Has Patients, Parents Scrambling

There are 12 comments on the IVillage story from May 12, 2011, titled ADHD Drug Shortage Has Patients, Parents Scrambling. In it, IVillage reports that:

Due to an ongoing shortage, some American adults with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder , or the parents of children with ADHD, are having to call multiple pharmacies before finding one that carries the prescription they need to manage the condition.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at IVillage.

T K Lawson RPhT

United States

#8 Jun 8, 2011
In a emergency ask your ADHD Dr or RPh if short acting 6 hour tablets are preferable to dangerous abstaining from a Rx with serious immediate discontinuation depressive/withdrawal Syndrome.
TK Lawson PharmTech

East Orange, NJ

#9 Jun 14, 2011
Shire, Teva, and other methlyphenadate XL/ER and Adderall XL/ER allotment have NOW ARRIVED in most major outlets for these extended release/LA, (long acting) formulations. Although information on the phone is not unlawful, if you are a regular custumer,they WILL tell you if they have it in stock. A personal appearance with Rx in hand will assure the info you seek. God health,(and always ask for the package insert) You might even what to read it OR get a free MTM medication theraputic Mnmt.consultation with your RPh....

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#10 Nov 26, 2011
ADHD drug shortage is actually a blessing. You can now look for healthier and natural alternatives to treat ADHD.

Kids who grow up taking ADHD drugs become addicted to other hardcore drugs...no kidding!

For example, there's a mixed powder that you can buy at Vegan stores or sometimes stores like GNC that has the natural food Phytoplankton which provides Neurological Support for - Mental alertness, ADHD, Parkinson's, and general dementia

You can read about all the customer reviews at http://www.iherbcodes.org/MidoriGreens

I would much rather trust natural foods for my son than a drug like Adderall or Stratteral that cause so many side effects.
Wakefield

Canada

#11 Nov 27, 2011
Samantha777 wrote:
ADHD drug shortage is actually a blessing. You can now look for healthier and natural alternatives to treat ADHD.
Kids who grow up taking ADHD drugs become addicted to other hardcore drugs...no kidding!
For example, there's a mixed powder that you can buy at Vegan stores or sometimes stores like GNC that has the natural food Phytoplankton which provides Neurological Support for - Mental alertness, ADHD, Parkinson's, and general dementia
You can read about all the customer reviews at http://www.iherbcodes.org/MidoriGreens
I would much rather trust natural foods for my son than a drug like Adderall or Stratteral that cause so many side effects.
Product pusher and a Troll
T K Lawson RPhT

Grass Valley, CA

#16 Dec 23, 2011
Immediate release generic Adderal from Corepharma are in production, but in short supply. LA/ER formulas are only sparce in location. Teva and Shire are two other suppliers. Call at least several days ahead or travel up to 25 miles if need be.
Pharma maims kills

Winnipeg, Canada

#17 Dec 23, 2011
Pharma is simply creating demand so it can raise prices.
T K Lawson RPhT

Fresno, CA

#18 Jan 1, 2012
The Co- pay for Adderall is $1 10 USD.
TK Lawson CPhT

Fresno, CA

#20 Feb 8, 2012
Note first listing page 100 of 3017 in Drug Enforcement Forum ""Patients Scrambling" FDA Appoved drugs for ADHD'
T Kenneth Lawson RPhT

United States

#21 Feb 12, 2012
The supply has caught up to near normal levels. Most pharmaceutical companies are almost back to normal stock with the exception of the generic immediate release formulas of MAS or mixed amphetamine salts. These are the most sought after because of the least cost and the abuse potential with long acting is FAR less the immediate acting 4-6 hour generic tablets.
shelby

Marystown, Canada

#22 Feb 12, 2012
Samantha777 wrote:

I'd rather stick to my pills than whatever your talking about lol(I'm 13 btw)
Steven Ray

Chicago, IL

#23 Feb 18, 2012
I really hope that health care providers do not turn to antidepressants. Some antidepressants, like Paxil, have been reported to cause severe side effects such as birth defects and suicidal behavior. This has caused litigation and various settlements for Paxil maker, GlaxoSmithKline.
See: http://www.paxilbirthdefectlaw.com/paxil-laws...
TK Lawson CPhT

Fresno, CA

#24 Feb 22, 2012
Wakefield wrote:
<quoted text>
Product pusher and a Troll
A troll ? Is that indicative of primary indications of empirical inference denoting your ineptitude or dissociative denial or projection of protracted unammliarated lack of progression?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Common Causes and Treatments for Eye Bags 16 min drumar 1
News Meet the man who's walking 2,500 miles to fight... 2 hr Linda Martinez 2
News What makes some parents fall for anti-vaccine m... 4 hr False Vaccine Safety 7
News Harsher policies under Trump reportedly damage ... 7 hr tronic 1
News Symptoms And Treatments For Anxiety Disorders (May '14) 13 hr Johnny G 3
News What does a low blood platelet count mean? (Jun '07) 13 hr Johnny G 914
News CDC recommends behavioral therapy for ADHD trea... (May '16) Wed DEFLECTION CDC 3
watching wife get pregnant by another man (Jan '17) Dec 11 Jefe 28
More from around the web