State moving forward with prescriptio...

State moving forward with prescription tracking, tools for doctors to combat pain medication abuse

There are 13 comments on the Concord Monitor story from Nov 15, 2012, titled State moving forward with prescription tracking, tools for doctors to combat pain medication abuse. In it, Concord Monitor reports that:

Doctors in New Hampshire will soon have access to a new online registry of resources designed to prevent the abuse of prescription pain medications.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Concord Monitor.

cherieb

Magna, UT

#1 Dec 1, 2012
Yes, here in Michigan, the Government tracks your meds, already! They call it a "Map" So, you cannot go Dr to Dr's to get multiple prescription's. I am lucky to have a Dr. whom cares enough to give me the meds, for my chronic pain!

Hey Wally

“In Wally's Humble Opinion”

Since: Mar 12

Let's Go Surfin' Now...

#7 Dec 2, 2012
berry132 wrote:
<quoted text>
If that is what one wishes to label people who madr different lifestyle choices than their own, I guess I did :)
Your honesty is quite refreshing.

To each their own.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#8 Dec 2, 2012
berry132 wrote:
You're kidding right? Why would someone with chronic pain need multiple prescriptions from multiple doctors if it's for them self? Please answer this question for me.
Your doctor will give you what you need. People getting 3 fills in a day are selling!
Some CPP have built a tolerance and Drs dont understand. I was getting 3 scipts/mo and not selling any of it...I'd take it all.
Elise

La Jolla, CA

#10 Dec 2, 2012
I'm one of those people who has chronic pain and I use A LOT of meds. Like 40 patches a month because I was literally ripped in half and lost my right lower leg in a truck accident 3years ago and I suffer daily. Without the meds I couldn't survive because my pain is so bad but my tolerance is so high.
Elise

La Jolla, CA

#12 Dec 2, 2012
I don't have a doctor who understands by its a work comp case. I have to go to the streets to find what I need. Like right now. I'm out of my patches and I'm in so much pain I'm in tears but can't find anyone who has them and the ER doesn't understand either. I can't even put on my prosthetic leg right now.
Elise

La Jolla, CA

#13 Dec 2, 2012
My doc barely gives me what I need. I hate how I feel right now.
questions

United States

#14 Dec 2, 2012
Elise wrote:
My doc barely gives me what I need. I hate how I feel right now.
You need more meds?
let me know

United States

#16 Dec 2, 2012
If you or anyone else needs OP 80s or Roxi 15s get at cammor485@gmail dot com for details. No Bs

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#18 Dec 3, 2012
let me know wrote:
If you or anyone else needs OP 80s or Roxi 15s get at cammor485@gmail dot com for details. No Bs
You ae anyone else that attempts these scams are being reported.
SashaStarr

Davenport, NY

#19 Dec 3, 2012
daisy dooks wrote:
<quoted text>
Find a new doctor or complain to your ombudsman.
Seriously, you have rights.
With it being a comp claim with loss of limb there is NO reason why you shouldn't get the pain relief and care.
I agree with you daisy; nobody should have to live in constant pain. I doubt she will find a doc who will prescribe her 40 patches per month. I am assuming they are 100 mcg strength, which I believe are the strongest patches they make. The qty per month normally prescribed would be 10 or 15 patches. I have found that fentanyl tolerance builds up quickly. For me, temporarily switching to a different med every 6
months or so can help keep tolerance issues in check.

It is ridiculous that so many have to suffer because the govt is fighting their 'war on drugs' ass backwards! I realize there are people, including some legitimate pain patients, who abuse opiate based meds. However, I am not among those that do and I am not willing to quietly suffer because of the actions of people I he nothing to do with.
SashaStarr

Davenport, NY

#21 Dec 3, 2012
Oh yeah? Well ... I know you are but what am ... No, wait ... um ... I know! You're the rubber and I'm the glue and ... no ... wait... time out ... I got it! You're ... no, that's not right. You're ... you're ....FAT! No .. wait ...

I give up Mike. You win. I'm just too old to play the game of "Eleven Year Old Girls" with you. Its been too long and I just can't remember enough about behaving that way to keep up. You can be the reigning champion .
YTD lives forever wrote:
<quoted text>
Cry about it. What happened to your Registered name? Forget your password? DUH!!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#22 Dec 3, 2012
berry132 wrote:
<quoted text>
3 scripts of what? How large?
10/325s #120 x3. Drs just dont understand. I have a metabolic myopathy confirmed by multiple tests as well as a muscle biopsy. I have been on so many forms of treatment by my neurologist I've lost count.
Elise

La Jolla, CA

#24 Dec 3, 2012
Wow thanks for all the support. Yea the most I could get is 15 per month so I have to buy extras from friends who sell them but I hate hate hate taking pills and only like to use the patches. Yes the are the 100mcg. I just wish I could find someone on here who isn't a scammer who actually wants to make money every two weeks to help out a person who TRULY needs pain meds to function with her kids, puppies and fiancÚ. Work comp sucks and they don't care about me at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In Trump's First Year, Anti-Abortion Forces Mak... 1 hr Choicerocks 177
News Harbor-UCLA Medical Center cited for safety vio... (Oct '11) 1 hr Raj 266
Morgellons - What I believe it really is (Oct '12) 5 hr Sick in Louisiana 391
News Review: Lost Connections and It's Not Always De... 7 hr humanspirit 1
News New or Unmanaged HIV is a Symptom of Poor Menta... 7 hr humanspirit 1
Choices Seminars (Apr '14) 18 hr Mommablue 41
News Liberal group rolls out Medicare Extra for All ... 18 hr mr gleeble 8
watching wife get pregnant by another man (Jan '17) Feb 17 black toy 4 wf 52
More from around the web