Ask Dr. Gott: Medication stew causes nightmares, hair loss

Dear Dr. Gott: Six months ago, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, for which I have been on Synthroid. Full Story
Antoinette

Chicago, IL

#1 Jan 14, 2009
I have just discovered that the cause of my terrible hair loss is Hydrochlorothiazide and I am so depressed as I feel so embarressed by this as a woman, my question is, if I were to stop the medication will my hair eventually grow back?
Ann Black

Raleigh, NC

#3 Apr 30, 2009
I take medication for hypothyroidism and bipolar II disorder. I'm doing well on my present medications, but since a mixed episode last fall, I've been unable to read--my life's blood--because of poor focus, lack of concentration, and restlessness. None of these circumstances appear related to my current meds. Is there a drug I might take that will enable me to focus and read again?
teresa

San Francisco, CA

#4 Sep 26, 2010
I can recommend a reputable pharmacy pro-canadian-medications.com/... I received the order and it was on time and the pills work great.
Slimpunkass

AOL

#5 Sep 26, 2010
Teresa is just a SPAMMER for the company. That pharmacy sells fake meds and rips people off.
Madison

Cartersville, GA

#6 Sep 21, 2011
I often have nightmare and /or night terrors .I wake up afraid and concerned . Sometimes i am still asleep but my eyes are open so i get frightened and have been screaming at night.. I have though about taking sleeping aids but am worried that it will trap me in my dreams. I have worked so hard "since i was five and started having nightmares" to wake up whenever my dreams get too real or too scary. But now i dont want to fall asleep most days I wait until five o clock or six o clock in the morning to fall asleep . I am seventeen years old and have suffered with these night terrors for as long as i can remember .. Can anyone help? Also my mom has Hypothyroidism and i have shown many signs of having a thyroid problem but i haven't been to the doctor in a while... I don't currently take any medication but i was wondering what could be the cause?
David Jerome

France

#9 Feb 5, 2013
I have ordered prescription drugs (without a prescription) online from http://inhousegeneric.info about two years ago, and was pleased with the speed and quality of service.
I'm thinking of doing the same thing with my medication. The meds is expensive, but there is a generic version available overseas.
I love the idea of taking responsibility for my own health (or lack of health) and skipping the bureaucracy... to say nothing of having to drive to the doctor, wait in line, yet again, to get a prescription refilled.
Bryson

Germany

#12 Sep 16, 2013
have been researching for months and reading reviews for each pharmacy and finally decided to take the plunge and order from one. After coming to the conclusion http://goo.gl/bLFWQG seemed the most safest and had the best feedback I ordered my pills. Was very apprehensive at first due to cc fraud, ell and they are good i would definetely recommend and purchase againspam and being generally ripped off (have not received one spam email and no cc fraud) order process and checkout was simple.
placed my order on my debit card and was charged straight away and received confirmation email immediately. choose the speedy del trackable and was advised del would be 7-9 days and order was placed on the 08/01. was just about to email them today to chase up as now 15 days but behold package had been posted through my door. packaging seems as shown on webiste. apart from small delay on advertised shipping time i have been generally please with the pharmacy.
wont be taking the pills for another few weeks yet but all going well and they are good i would definetely recommend and purchase again from them.
Jeb

UK

#14 Jan 29, 2014
After 1 month of using Propecia from http://goo.gl/77dBEY , I noticed a decrease in the loss of hair after a shower. Now in my 4th month of use, there is a notable difference in the thickness of my hair, and some growth noted!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MMR Vaccine/Autism Revelation: Another "Tuskege... 47 min anothervoice 30
A Toledo Dr. Is Sending Help for the Ebola Outb... 1 hr Chiropractor from... 6
Doctor's license suspended amid prescription dr... 1 hr curious 314
Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) 3 hr A l b 5,948
Herbal Hair Loss Treatment For Men 3 hr Linna001 7
how to treat a depression without medication? 3 hr chrisben 1
Us Aids fight shifts to African-American gay men 4 hr Rock 105
•••

Health People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE