New surgery makes hip replacement easier

There are 5 comments on the The Charlotte Observer story from Apr 1, 2013, titled New surgery makes hip replacement easier. In it, The Charlotte Observer reports that:

Hip replacement involves removing the joint - the damaged bone and cartilage - and replacing it with prosthetic parts made of metal, plastic or ceramics.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Charlotte Observer.

Karen

Perth Amboy, NJ

#2 Apr 20, 2013
I just hope that this new anterior approach will not have the same complications from the traditional hip replacement surgery. Some of its complications include pain, inflammation, and metal poisoning. I came across this site http://www.stryker-hip-implant-recall.com/ which has detailed information about the problems associated with hip replacements, do check it out.
Moshe The Butcher Doc

Sonoma, CA

#3 Apr 25, 2013
Well, the real base reason that replacement joint surgery is interesting is that orthopods are still able to perform it after sustaining repetitive motion injury from patting themselves on the back as they smile at the xrays while simultaneously ignoring the patient's patent discomfort.
billy bee53x

Sonoma, CA

#4 Apr 25, 2013
Moshe The Butcher Doc wrote:
Well, the real base reason that replacement joint surgery is interesting is that orthopods are still able to perform it after sustaining repetitive motion injury from patting themselves on the back as they smile at the xrays while simultaneously ignoring the patient's patent discomfort.
Hey Boyo, where were you done? Is this a patient speaking? Ouch, heh? I klnow what you mean, take two of these and watch teevee for the rest of your life.
Melissa G

San Jose, CA

#5 May 10, 2013
This is great news because surgeons would be able to perform the operation well. Surgeon expertise is a bid component in the result of the surgery. Although one should also know what implants to use. I have recently read about the problems with all-metal hip implants on the internet and at http://pinnaclelawsuit.typepad.com
Catherine

New York, NY

#6 Jul 26, 2013
This new anterior approach in doing hip replacement surgery looks promising. However, the real problem lies with the hip implant devices used and not with the type of approach. There have been reports about its devastating effects. Do visit http://wrightconservehiplawsuit.com for information about problems associated with hip implant devices.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Depressed? Botox might be the key to happiness 10 min White_Lightning 2
News Health care: Illegal immigrants would get Medi-... 1 hr wild child 2
News Rise in childhood cavities - (Oct '07) 5 hr SamBo 7
News Impacted Wisdom Teeth: Oral Surgery and Extraction (Sep '14) 6 hr KsJohn 8
News Dental Implants & Prosthetics (Implants, Crowns... (Jan '14) 6 hr KsJohn 17
Force Effect To Gain Muscle Weight Fast 11 hr mazirobb 1
News Study Shows No Link Between Autism And Vaccines 13 hr misinvisible2u 23
News Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) Sat Cyn 6,282
More from around the web