New surgery makes hip replacement easier

Apr 1, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Charlotte Observer

Hip replacement involves removing the joint - the damaged bone and cartilage - and replacing it with prosthetic parts made of metal, plastic or ceramics.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Karen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

I just hope that this new anterior approach will not have the same complications from the traditional hip replacement surgery. Some of its complications include pain, inflammation, and metal poisoning. I came across this site http://www.stryker-hip-implant-recall.com/ which has detailed information about the problems associated with hip replacements, do check it out.
Moshe The Butcher Doc

Sonoma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Well, the real base reason that replacement joint surgery is interesting is that orthopods are still able to perform it after sustaining repetitive motion injury from patting themselves on the back as they smile at the xrays while simultaneously ignoring the patient's patent discomfort.
billy bee53x

Sonoma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Moshe The Butcher Doc wrote:
Well, the real base reason that replacement joint surgery is interesting is that orthopods are still able to perform it after sustaining repetitive motion injury from patting themselves on the back as they smile at the xrays while simultaneously ignoring the patient's patent discomfort.
Hey Boyo, where were you done? Is this a patient speaking? Ouch, heh? I klnow what you mean, take two of these and watch teevee for the rest of your life.
Melissa G

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

This is great news because surgeons would be able to perform the operation well. Surgeon expertise is a bid component in the result of the surgery. Although one should also know what implants to use. I have recently read about the problems with all-metal hip implants on the internet and at http://pinnaclelawsuit.typepad.com
Catherine

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

This new anterior approach in doing hip replacement surgery looks promising. However, the real problem lies with the hip implant devices used and not with the type of approach. There have been reports about its devastating effects. Do visit http://wrightconservehiplawsuit.com for information about problems associated with hip implant devices.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

165 Users are viewing the Health Forum right now

Search the Health Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Obama Hosts Ramadan Dinner Propaganda Fest 1 hr Jinn n Co 1
Doctor's license suspended amid prescription dr... 1 hr great grandmother 173
Despite crush of children, illegal immigration low 2 hr Memo From Turner 1
Ob-gyn charged with sex abuse (Jan '07) 3 hr Abb 32
7 things to know about epilepsy 3 hr Trash Science 1
New Orleans Putting Smoked Butts in a Better Place 3 hr Trash Science 1
Smoking while pregnant linked to ADHD in children 3 hr Trash Science 2
Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) 6 hr That right there is 5,865
•••
•••