New Diabetes Guidelines May Lower Patient Medical Bills

Dec 20, 2012 Full story: Revolution Health

New guidelines issued by the American Diabetes Association Thursday may reduce the number of people who need to take blood pressure medications, and they may help more people get insurance coverage for testing their blood sugar levels. "We're constantly looking at the data to try to make our treatment guidelines as personalized and as consistent as possible," said Dr.

Read more

“Steps To Success”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#1 Dec 20, 2012
Not sure if lowering the guidelines will help in the long run. Cost wise sure, but if loosing the guidelines for blood pressure means people could become less compliant. I think keeping the blood pressure guidelines the same, and working out a solid deal directly with the big companies(bayer, lifescan, etc.) to lower the cost of test strips, pumps, meters, etc. would be a MUCH better way to help. Our small organization is trying to do that now. Imagine what a HUGE org like the ADA or AADE could do...

Anyways, visit our diabetes self management & education site, www.steps-to-success.org

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lesbians Receiving Unequal Treatment from Cuban... 7 min WE JUST DONT CARE 2
News Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) 11 min Knc198417 6,226
News Cigarette Smoking Actually Shrinks Your Brain 29 min Doug 2
News Vaccine skeptics find unexpected allies in cons... 49 min Bob J 1440 260
News Autism advocates savor gains, see challenges th... 1 hr Rod Knox 2
News Supreme Court: Medicaid Providers Can't Sue Sta... 1 hr Eleanor 1
News Fremont Health Offers Seminar on Female Orthopa... 1 hr jordennancy23 1
More from around the web