Comorbid conditions in Autism Spectrum Disorders

Jun 29, 2013 Full story: Examiner.com 44

As if a child with autism spectrum disorder and his parents do not have enough to deal with, many children with the diagnosis also have co-morbid disorders that complicate their treatment and their lives.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Vaccines Cause Autism

Winnipeg, Canada

#1 Jul 1, 2013
Yeah, vaccines really screw up their genes expression causing other illness and conditions.
ric99

Lincoln, UK

#2 Jul 1, 2013
Scientific evidence? The Winnipeg dummy has none, as usual.
What a Luzzer

Winnipeg, Canada

#3 Jul 2, 2013
ric99 wrote:
Scientific evidence? The Winnipeg dummy has none, as usual.
Evidence includes parental eyewittness accounts of their children regressing into autism AFTER a series of vaccines. Evidence includes numerous vaccine injury compensation programs that recognize and accept the unavoidable casualties. Evidence includes that vaccine injury compensation programs are set up by vaccine makers and government to prevent lawsuits like those in the past that saw vaccine makers being litigated out of business. Evidence includes numerous court findings and awards for autism caused by vaccines and judged as so by professionals deemed qualified to do so by the courts or the compensation court. But according to a 13 year old from Boston UK, there is NO evidence. Talk about a sure case of denial.
ric99

Spilsby, UK

#4 Jul 3, 2013
If a series of vaccinations caused autism, then the autism rates among vaccinated kids would be higher than the rates among unvaccinated kids. Scientific studies show that they are not higher, so vaccinations cannot be the cause.

Name even one US, Canadian, or UK court case which concluded that vaccines caused autism. There aren't any. Anti-vaxxer websites claim that such cases exist, but the actual case records show no such thing.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#5 Jul 3, 2013
Evidence certianly is not parental accounts. They're affected by emotions and persuasions by others, as was seen with the Wakefield study and aftermath. Many stopped giving vaccinesand there are far more accounts of how parents were fooled by him only to find out their ids still had autism. Even some of parents of the 12 within the study realized this and spoke out against how Wakefield persuasion on them.
There isn't one court case that deemed vaccines caused autism or awarded due to autism, not even the Italian case. The problem is with anti vaxxers, is they don't fully read the court releases. They all tend to insert their own conclusions to these cases. Any time the above anti vaxxers dares to present such a court case, he's been proven wrong about the court findings.
The vaccine injury compensation programs itself is not evidence, everyone should know by now all vaccines and medicine carry risks. There is no perfect 100 percent safe anything in medicine, nor is there a 100 percent same biological person. Many things affect a risk factor for a individual person which is why a side affect for one may never happen in another 50k people.

It's all anti vaxxers seem to have, nothing but persuasion claims they cant back up.
DUH IM friend

Winnipeg, Canada

#6 Jul 3, 2013
friend wrote:
Evidence certianly is not parental accounts. They're affected by emotions and persuasions by others, as was seen with the Wakefield study and aftermath. Many stopped giving vaccinesand there are far more accounts of how parents were fooled by him only to find out their ids still had autism. Even some of parents of the 12 within the study realized this and spoke out against how Wakefield persuasion on them.
There isn't one court case that deemed vaccines caused autism or awarded due to autism, not even the Italian case. The problem is with anti vaxxers, is they don't fully read the court releases. They all tend to insert their own conclusions to these cases. Any time the above anti vaxxers dares to present such a court case, he's been proven wrong about the court findings.
The vaccine injury compensation programs itself is not evidence, everyone should know by now all vaccines and medicine carry risks. There is no perfect 100 percent safe anything in medicine, nor is there a 100 percent same biological person. Many things affect a risk factor for a individual person which is why a side affect for one may never happen in another 50k people.
It's all anti vaxxers seem to have, nothing but persuasion claims they cant back up.
Blah blah stick it
DUH IM ric99

Winnipeg, Canada

#7 Jul 3, 2013
ric99 wrote:
If a series of vaccinations caused autism, then the autism rates among vaccinated kids would be higher than the rates among unvaccinated kids. Scientific studies show that they are not higher, so vaccinations cannot be the cause.
Name even one US, Canadian, or UK court case which concluded that vaccines caused autism. There aren't any. Anti-vaxxer websites claim that such cases exist, but the actual case records show no such thing.
If you weren't so mentally lazy you could find it yourself. But just like friend you prefer to remain ignorant so you can continue to talk nonsense.
ric99

Market Rasen, UK

#8 Jul 4, 2013
If that's the best the Winnipeg dummy can manage, he's pathetic.
DUH IM ric99

Winnipeg, Canada

#9 Jul 5, 2013
ric99 wrote:
If that's the best the Winnipeg dummy can manage, he's pathetic.
in other words duh I'm ric the 13 year old 99
HappyMrsJ

Elizabethtown, KY

#10 Jul 28, 2013
So what do you say to the thousands of parents that had NT kids until the MMR? Is is just a coincidence that they all lost speech, had seizures, started flapping et al?

1 in 50 kids is HUGE. Not all have the same reactions to immunizations, but obviously many do!

Science hasn't found the link yet, but common sense sure has.
GARDASIL NIGHTMARES

Winnipeg, Canada

#12 Jul 28, 2013
http://www.nvic.org/injury-compensation/congr... Read about how the compensation plan was altered to deny 3 of 4 injury cases and how ANTI-VAXXERS are fighting to change that.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#13 Jul 29, 2013
The letter is 14 years old, and has no results in changing anything. They wanted the definition of encephalopathy to be changed to "any acute or chronic significant acquired abnormality" which is legally and medically is ridiculous and insane. There are about 14 to 17 types of encephalopathy, most if not all have nothing to do with vaccines being the cause.
The letter also wanted the statute of limitations changed for filing, claiming vaccine injury may not manifested until a child is much older. What a hoot. 10 years later there would be no way to prove a vaccine caused any thing of present day, and that other exposures weren't at fault.

Thanks for the humor of the day. It's great to see what ANTI-VAXXERS waste their time on.
WORRY ABOUT VACCINES 1ST

Winnipeg, Canada

#14 Jul 29, 2013
friend wrote:
The letter is 14 years old, and has no results in changing anything. They wanted the definition of encephalopathy to be changed to "any acute or chronic significant acquired abnormality" which is legally and medically is ridiculous and insane. There are about 14 to 17 types of encephalopathy, most if not all have nothing to do with vaccines being the cause.
The letter also wanted the statute of limitations changed for filing, claiming vaccine injury may not manifested until a child is much older. What a hoot. 10 years later there would be no way to prove a vaccine caused any thing of present day, and that other exposures weren't at fault.
Thanks for the humor of the day. It's great to see what ANTI-VAXXERS waste their time on.
DUH they wanted it to coincide with vaccination not random cases of exposure, which they could diffrentiate with testing. Instead they use your idea to deny all like the back stabbing rats they are.!0 years later? They aren't talking about ten years later, they are talking in reasonable terms, something foreign to you.
HappyMrsJ

Elizabethtown, KY

#15 Jul 29, 2013
You do realize that parents are winning lawsuits Right Now against vax companies.
VACCINE NIGHTMARES

Winnipeg, Canada

#16 Jul 29, 2013
HappyMrsJ wrote:
You do realize that parents are winning lawsuits Right Now against vax companies.
In the past the vaccine makers were being litigated out of business and some did quit. Those remaining were promised protection and that leaves us with 1 in 50 autism, 1 in 5 ADHD. Government and law enforcement inaction is intentional so that our children can be experimented on.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#17 Jul 30, 2013
Please do tell. What testing is there that would differentiate between vaccine or other exposure?
The current statute of limitations is 3 years after vaccination. That is ample enough time to know if there is vaccine injury, and still be able to prove it. Asking for any longer of a statute of limitations would make any case far more difficult to prove. Many cases have won in vaccine court, none have yet to prove to that court vaccines caused autism.

The autism rates of 1:50 is grossly assuming every single one of them would be filing in Vaccine Court. And also remember, the majority of that recent CDC rate study is of mild cases of autism.
Changes in Prevalence of Parent-reported Autism Spectrum Disorder in School-aged U.S. Children: 2007 to 2011–2012
"More than one-half of these children were classified by their parents as having ‘‘mild’’ ASD, and very few were classified as having ‘‘severe’’ ASD."
HappyMrsJ

Elizabethtown, KY

#18 Jul 30, 2013
Parents don't get to classify. And even if mild was a DX, it's still bad

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#19 Jul 30, 2013
Parents do and did get to classify, that's how the CDC got those 1:50 autism rates Winnipeg keeps bringing up. And although PDD-NOS may be considered bad, it would had been far worse and a big difference if the majority of the rates consisted of severe autism. As the study goes, very few were classified as having ‘‘severe’’ ASD."
And pertaining to the autism rates, Winnipeg assumes and is speaking for all when he cliams they all would be filing a case in vaccine court. He is assuming and making a claim that the 1:50 were all vaccine injured in his post #16 and included those with ADHD. This is largely unfounded and has no bases. Speaking only for myself, my child having been diagnosed with severe autism, it was not caused by vaccines so being a part of the 1:50, I never filed a claim in vaccine court nor could I.

Judged:

13

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
HappyMrsJ

Elizabethtown, KY

#20 Jul 30, 2013
That's not at all how ASD is DXd. There are very specific test results that are required.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#21 Jul 30, 2013
How a child is diagnosed is beside the point, however people like McCarthy clearly stated her child spent 20 minutes with Dr. Sear's and obtained an autism diagnosis. So not all diagnosis are done the in the same manner or the same specific tests used.
If one chooses to reference the newest CDC autism rates, they then should know how those rates were obtained.
Changes in Prevalence of Parent-reported Autism Spectrum Disorder in School-aged U.S. Children: 2007 to 2011–2012
"2011–2012 NSCH included both landlines and cell phones, whereas the 2007 NSCH included landlines only. Contacted households were screened for the presence of children, and one child was randomly selected from identified households with children to be the subject of the survey. The respondent was a parent or guardian in the household who was knowledgeable about the child’s health. These respondents are referred to as ‘‘parents’’ throughout this report. A total of 91,642 NSCH 2007 interviews were completed from April 2007 through July 2008. A total of 95,677 NSCH 2011–2012 interviews were completed from February 2011 through June 2012."
And
"Based on parent reports, the prevalence of diagnosed ASD in 2011–2012 was estimated to be 2.00% for children aged 6–17. This prevalence estimate (1 in 50)"
I would think each parent who participated in the study would be well aware of their child's diagnosis. I know I am. I could see maybe a few not knowing or understanding their child's autism diagnosis, however there was 95,677 parents. I can only guess they knew what they were talking about pertaining to their own child. The flaw of the CDC study which many overly reference, is that no diagnosis was actually confirmed, making the overly referenced autism rates just that, an estimate but not a true accurate figure.

Judged:

14

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CDC experiments on unwitting African American c... 2 hr WyzeCracker 31
Is Juicing good for weight loss? 2 hr trevorbsmith 1
Bill takes aim at NJ beach smokers (Mar '14) 4 hr BillDuckman 10
Man walks 85 miles for Alzheimer's 4 hr Texas GumpNF 2
Esophagus Spasm - How my mom STOPS her Esophage... (May '12) 4 hr Kimberly 124
Dexcom G4 sensors 5 hr jrbrat 1
SE Valley senior-care demand pushing availability 6 hr Seth Ashford 1
Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) Mon britt_91 5,947
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Health People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••