Main causes of hair loss

Sep 11, 2011 Full story: Detroit Free Press 14

Telogen effluvium: Refers to any changes in your body due to physical or emotional stress that cause hair loss.

Read more
Casey Hutson

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1 Sep 23, 2011
The main cause of hair loss is genetics. This type of hair loss is referred medically as Androgenic Alopecia and it does affect men as well as women. The only cure for this type of hair loss is a hair transplant. Check out www.greathairtransplants.com and see what Dr. Brett Bolton, the industry's Magic Man, can do for your hair loss-you will amazed, it's like magic.

Since: Sep 11

Mumbai, India

#2 Sep 25, 2011
Hair loss as a result from infections, bacterial or fungal on skin.Skin problems like psoriasis can but rarely cause hair loss.
Care should always be taken in washing and massaging the scalp.
Hairloss

Pleven, Bulgaria

#3 Oct 12, 2011

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#4 Dec 28, 2011
Gradual thinning is a normal part of aging.

Chennai, India

#5 Jan 16, 2012
There are many reason for hair loss, even if a person is in stressed condition or in a depression condition, that person will surely suffer from weight loss. And almost all infections, diseases cause hair loss as their symptom.
Anonymous

Chennai, India

#6 Jan 16, 2012
i think hereditary is one of the main reason for hair loss.
Mi naain

Chennai, India

#7 Jan 16, 2012
I am struggling from hair loss problem for past one year , i have consulted many doctors and got many medication but there no improvement in my hair growth instead my hair loss problem is going to peak. Post some good treatment for hair loss please.

Chennai, India

#8 Jan 20, 2012
Hi Mi naain, have good health supplements as vitamin deficiency can also cause hair loss.
Steve

Las Vegas, NV

#11 Jan 25, 2012
Profollica - http://www.profollica.com/ct/99781 Just wanted to write and say that I'm VERY satisfied with my purchase.

Location hidden

#12 Jul 22, 2012
I agree with ryanold good supplements
john

Longueuil, Canada

#14 Mar 11, 2013
Best practice is to know the source of your problem. This informational schema will help you understand more about Hair loss causes: http://www.norgilcanada.com/en/questions-answ...

Since: Apr 13

Hyderabad, India

#15 May 2, 2013
Hormonal changes and imbalances cause temporary hair loss.Hair loss can also result from a physical or emotional shock,hair-pulling disorder and certain hair styles.
Lance Smith

London, UK

#16 Jul 30, 2013
I think another reason for hair loss that should be mentioned is chlorine and hard water in many parts of the UK can have very adverse effects on the scalp. From making it very dry and also stripping the natural oils out of the scalp, which then makes hair very brittle and makes it easier for it to fall out. I use a shower filter (which I got from http://www.pureshowers.co.uk ) to filter out lime scale and also chlorine from my water. I've found that this has helped me with hair loss a lot!
Kennedy

UK

#21 Jan 29, 2014
After 1 month of using Propecia from http://goo.gl/77dBEY , I noticed a decrease in the loss of hair after a shower. Now in my 4th month of use, there is a notable difference in the thickness of my hair, and some growth noted!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sex In Old Age Is More Important Than You Thought 3 min Teddybearmiller 75
News FDA grapples with oversight of fecal transplants (Jun '14) 6 min FL TAG 389 YTF 8
News Mescalero gaming coordinator: Gambling addictio... 55 min Mr T 2
News Affordable Care Act can cause a glitch in the p... 1 hr Mr T 2
News Mississippi Could Soon Shut Down Its Only Abort... (Apr '14) 2 hr godless by choice 14
News BHA pushes for smoke-free housing (Jul '10) 2 hr mike 21
News The latest in scientific research in children's... (Apr '14) 2 hr jodie Bishop 38
News Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) 6 hr Dorji wangmo 6,218
More from around the web