Ban on smoking ads demanded

Ban on smoking ads demanded

There are 17 comments on the Daily Times story from Dec 24, 2012, titled Ban on smoking ads demanded. In it, Daily Times reports that:

They on the occasion also urged the concerned authorities to impose immediate and total ban on advertising of tobacco made products particularly cigarettes and to also ensure strict implementation of rules and regulation related to smoking and tobacco consumption in the country.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Times.

Luzers

Winnipeg, Canada

#1 Dec 25, 2012
Sounds good

“image gallery of moenjodaro”

Since: Jan 06

Location hidden

#3 Dec 27, 2012
already in place long time ago ...
mICHEAL

Karachi, Pakistan

#4 Dec 28, 2012
Can't remember when did i Last smoke ... NEVER

“truth always wins”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#5 Dec 28, 2012
mICHEAL wrote:
Can't remember when did i Last smoke ... NEVER
Never take such things dear . do you take alcohol?
mICHEAL

Karachi, Pakistan

#6 Dec 28, 2012
debasis behera wrote:
<quoted text>
Never take such things dear . do you take alcohol?
I don’t drink, I’m a totalitarian.
MUNUM

Masontown, PA

#7 Dec 28, 2012
youtube.com/watch...
jUST BAN SMOKING PRODUCTS
mICHEAL

Karachi, Pakistan

#8 Dec 28, 2012
A telephone survey says that 51 percent of college students drink until they pass out at least once a month… the other 49 percent didn’t answer the phone.
NITiN

Karachi, Pakistan

#9 Dec 28, 2012
Drinking and Smoking - let it be a personal issue My Argument is if Smoke is not on banned list item than why Ban on Adverting ?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#10 Dec 29, 2012
NITiN wrote:
Drinking and Smoking - let it be a personal issue My Argument is if Smoke is not on banned list item than why Ban on Adverting ?
They cant band smoking adds. The companies have a riht to sell there products in the open marketing. They cant do this if adds are band.

“truth always wins”

Location hidden

#11 Dec 29, 2012
NITiN wrote:
Nitin Bhai, it is just not practical to ban smoking or drinking alchol. one can reduce the consumption but cannot ban it.
mICHEAL

Karachi, Pakistan

#12 Dec 30, 2012
yeah that's right ... but is government action on ban the advertisement is right or wrong

“truth always wins”

Location hidden

#13 Dec 30, 2012
mICHEAL wrote:
yeah that's right ... but is government action on ban the advertisement is right or wrong
That depends on how it is banned.
mICHEAL

Karachi, Pakistan

#14 Jan 1, 2013
ban without any proper debate
Fear Mongering

Winnipeg, Canada

#15 Jan 1, 2013
mICHEAL wrote:
ban without any proper debate
Doesn't need debate. Neanderthals smoke and are too ignorant to stop. We have to protect children from these clowns and from Big Tobacco who have killed more than the Nazi's
mICHEAL

Karachi, Pakistan

#16 Jan 1, 2013
Tobacco Industry a Huge contributor of Government Income - employes around directly 200,000 People

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#17 Jan 1, 2013
Fear Mongering wrote:
<quoted text> Doesn't need debate. Neanderthals smoke and are too ignorant to stop. We have to protect children from these clowns and from Big Tobacco who have killed more than the Nazi's
You ar a feer mongerer. That is rigt. Big tobaacco kild no one. You cant prove it. We dont need smoking band. We need to let smokers enjoy a smoker wherever. Look at the taxis we pay! You woould pay trillions more if not for us. Almost everything is payed for with smoker taxis.

“truth always wins”

Location hidden

#19 Jan 2, 2013
mICHEAL wrote:
Tobacco Industry a Huge contributor of Government Income - employes around directly 200,000 People
It is not about the employment , total ban on tobacco products would take decades to implement. just giving an example , in india some states banned liquor but it only helped some mafias only as they could earn extra money by supplying alchol. If possible try to enforce ban on narcotics like brown sugar etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News San Elizario man tests positive for West Nile 3 hr double trouble 1
News Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) 4 hr Mary Flores 6,909
News I stand outside abortion clinics, but I'm no pr... 7 hr Susanm 14
News African herbalist teaches the ancient art of he... 8 hr Inquisitor 50
News Carter thought he had just weeks to live during... 10 hr Not Typical 1
News Martin Budge alleges his health has been ruined... 15 hr ADVERSE EVENTS 2
News CMA urges end to non-medical exemptions for vac... 19 hr Silly Season 2
More from around the web