Genes Associated with Autism Are Surp...

Genes Associated with Autism Are Surprisingly Large

There are 39 comments on the Scientific American story from Sep 23, 2013, titled Genes Associated with Autism Are Surprisingly Large. In it, Scientific American reports that:

Longer Than Previously Thought: Researchers have discovered something surprising about autism genes: They're three to four times longer than the average gene expressed in neurons.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Scientific American.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
MORE UK FARTS

Winnipeg, Canada

#32 Sep 29, 2013
ric99 wrote:
We should all thank the Winnipeg dummy for that rant, because anyone with any intelligence can now clearly see what a nutcase he really is. Does he seriously think that we are going to believe his nonsense about all governments, all universities, all scientists and even the World Health Organisation, being under the control of Big Pharma. Big Pharma must be the next James Bond villain. LOL
Keep up the good work Winnipeg dummy. You are doing a great job of debunking everything you say.
Has zero to do with James Bond imbecile and everything to do with Corporate greed. It has to do with medical evolution and influence peddling. If you think $$$ doesn't talk you have shit4brains. Pharma gives $$$ big time to universities especially the Pharmaceutical Faculties and it influences independent doctors by wining and dining. Someone has to drive the industry. Problem is they produce faulty, fraudulent products and are allowed to market them. Anyone not from the UK can type MERCK and LAWSUIT or GSK and LAWSUIT and see what they spend a lot of time and money on.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#33 Sep 30, 2013
It does have everything to do with James Bond, paranoia and conspiracy. The public is what drives much of the pharmaceutical industry, just has it always has for instance when parents begged scientists to create a vaccine against polio. It is also modern medicine which enables anyone to survive the measles. One cant base choices off of lawsuits. Everyone sues and hope to gain a huge payday. Disable pharmaceuticals based on unproven hate towards vaccines, you then end insulin for diabetes. High blood pressure, cholesterol and anti seizure medication. You end cancer treatments. You end pain medication and anaesthesia. You then end survival for the potential bio warfare. To name a few, and all of them have side effects risks, but without those medications the risk for mortality is far greater.

And besides all of that, it has not one thing to do with autism. No Merck or GSK lawsuits automatically then means all their products or any are faulty, including vaccines. That would be the same as one car manuafacturer having a recall on one model makes all their models faulty. Get a grip. No one no more bans driving cars than they will modern medicine.
Unfortunately for the small amount of anti vaxxers world-wide, the majority of the population have rational thinking and consider such cults simply a bunch of sue-happy nuts who cant back up their claims, and the amount who are now vaccinating show no one listens to anti vaxxers.
ric99

Grimsby, UK

#34 Sep 30, 2013
The Winnipeg dummy has shot himself in the foot. First he says that scientists and universities are under the control of Pharma, and then he says that to prove it we should look at lawsuits against MERCK and GSK.

When I look into these lawsuits I found much evidence that a number of scientific studies had been carried out showing that the side effects claimed by those who had taken out the lawsuits did exist. If these scientists had been under Pharma control (as the Winnipeg dummy insists) they would not have reached these conclusions.

Many similar scientific studies have been carried out into possible links between vaccines and autism, and NO causal links were found.

Thank you Winnipeg dummy for debunking yourself yet again.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#35 Sep 30, 2013
Anti vaxers expect a perfect side effect-free world. Never going to happen. No study will ever show a side effect-free product. Many things can effect ant medication such as other drug interactions, ethnic groups and misuse ove over the counter products. It isn't until a products get's to the general population that for some drugs, it's found too many people experience side effects.
Of those 2 pharmaceutical's mentioned above, many took the product and had no side effects at all. Most cholesterol medications have side effects, but the risk of heart attack is greater so people choice medication.
Anti vaxxers would leave people to believe that no one is proactive in their own medical care. Maybe up until the early 1900's did people believe any snake oil person claiming to be a doctor and have a cure, but those days have long since been over. Doctors these days don't make house calls. Anyone who ever obtained a script walked into a doctors office for a reason. For years patients have been walking into doctors offices telling docs what's wrong with them and what to give them for it, all before the doc ever examines them.

So as much as anti vaxxers try to tell you differently, it's the general population driving the pharmaceutical industry. It's all about supply and demand, and the demand of medication options. For hundreds of years, it's about demand, or snake oil fly by nighters still wouldn't be around today.
UK SCUM

Winnipeg, Canada

#36 Sep 30, 2013
friend wrote:
It does have everything to do with James Bond, paranoia and conspiracy. The public is what drives much of the pharmaceutical industry, just has it always has for instance when parents begged scientists to create a vaccine against polio. It is also modern medicine which enables anyone to survive the measles. One cant base choices off of lawsuits. Everyone sues and hope to gain a huge payday. Disable pharmaceuticals based on unproven hate towards vaccines, you then end insulin for diabetes. High blood pressure, cholesterol and anti seizure medication. You end cancer treatments. You end pain medication and anaesthesia. You then end survival for the potential bio warfare. To name a few, and all of them have side effects risks, but without those medications the risk for mortality is far greater.
And besides all of that, it has not one thing to do with autism. No Merck or GSK lawsuits automatically then means all their products or any are faulty, including vaccines. That would be the same as one car manuafacturer having a recall on one model makes all their models faulty. Get a grip. No one no more bans driving cars than they will modern medicine.
Unfortunately for the small amount of anti vaxxers world-wide, the majority of the population have rational thinking and consider such cults simply a bunch of sue-happy nuts who cant back up their claims, and the amount who are now vaccinating show no one listens to anti vaxxers.
a duh moment AND a stool sample in one
UK SCUM

Winnipeg, Canada

#37 Sep 30, 2013
ric99 wrote:
The Winnipeg dummy has shot himself in the foot. First he says that scientists and universities are under the control of Pharma, and then he says that to prove it we should look at lawsuits against MERCK and GSK.
When I look into these lawsuits I found much evidence that a number of scientific studies had been carried out showing that the side effects claimed by those who had taken out the lawsuits did exist. If these scientists had been under Pharma control (as the Winnipeg dummy insists) they would not have reached these conclusions.
Many similar scientific studies have been carried out into possible links between vaccines and autism, and NO causal links were found.
Thank you Winnipeg dummy for debunking yourself yet again.
blah blah what nonsense. Try thinking before vomiting.
UK SCUM

Winnipeg, Canada

#38 Sep 30, 2013
friend wrote:
Anti vaxers expect a perfect side effect-free world. Never going to happen. No study will ever show a side effect-free product. Many things can effect ant medication such as other drug interactions, ethnic groups and misuse ove over the counter products. It isn't until a products get's to the general population that for some drugs, it's found too many people experience side effects.
Of those 2 pharmaceutical's mentioned above, many took the product and had no side effects at all. Most cholesterol medications have side effects, but the risk of heart attack is greater so people choice medication.
Anti vaxxers would leave people to believe that no one is proactive in their own medical care. Maybe up until the early 1900's did people believe any snake oil person claiming to be a doctor and have a cure, but those days have long since been over. Doctors these days don't make house calls. Anyone who ever obtained a script walked into a doctors office for a reason. For years patients have been walking into doctors offices telling docs what's wrong with them and what to give them for it, all before the doc ever examines them.
So as much as anti vaxxers try to tell you differently, it's the general population driving the pharmaceutical industry. It's all about supply and demand, and the demand of medication options. For hundreds of years, it's about demand, or snake oil fly by nighters still wouldn't be around today.
be sure to wipe yourself!
ric99

Lincoln, UK

#39 Sep 30, 2013
Oh dear, the Winnipeg dummy really is in a foul mood, probably due to the wound where he shot himself in the foot. LOL
ric99

Lincoln, UK

#41 Sep 30, 2013
Well, I certainly wouldn't want to taste the Winnipeg dummy's foul foot, especially after he has shot himself in it so many times. Yuck!
Ray

Laval, Canada

#43 Sep 30, 2013
friend wrote:
Wrong again. The science you rely on was found to be a fraud. No one has to debunk vaccines causing autism, and why? You have no proof of it. Not one study of any kind of science to proof it. And as for those side effects, anyone could and should have known all medicine including vaccines have side effects. Only anti vaxxers believe we live in a risk-free world.
so as a vaccine side effect we have immune disorder causing autism, celiac disease, cancer, etc. it could be all related since vaccines do cause immune disorder. research vaccine and immune disorder as a side effect.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#44 Sep 30, 2013
You forgot a few. You have no credible evidence to back up your "could be's".
ric99

Lincoln, UK

#45 Sep 30, 2013
Now the Winnipeg dummy wants me to stop posting on Topix. He obviously doesn't like being debunked. Well, he had better get used to it.
Vaccines Cause Autism

Winnipeg, Canada

#46 Oct 1, 2013
ric99 wrote:
Now the Winnipeg dummy wants me to stop posting on Topix. He obviously doesn't like being debunked. Well, he had better get used to it.
did you hear? They found the gene responsible for brain farts. It predominantly found in the UK
WARNING FDA APPROVED

Winnipeg, Canada

#47 Oct 25, 2013
Vaccines harm large specialized genes. ttp:/www.collective-evoluion.c m/2013/09/18/a-horrifying-caus e-of-dna-damage-from-synhetic- antbiotics
WARNING FDA APPROVED

Winnipeg, Canada

#48 Oct 25, 2013
Ray

Sherbrooke, Canada

#49 Oct 26, 2013
ric99 wrote:
Canadian Ray wants numbers. So where are his numbers of autism cases caused by vaccines, according to real peer reviewed scientific studies? Zero, 0, zilch.
On the other hand, the number of gene mutations shown to be associated with autism is increasing all the time as more and more new ones are found.
what an idiot...no wonder they lost the war to germans
Ray

Sherbrooke, Canada

#50 Oct 26, 2013
friend wrote:
You forgot a few. You have no credible evidence to back up your "could be's".
whena 1000 parents report the same fact which is regression into autism a couple of days after vaccination...thats all the proof I need. I choose not to ever vaccinate and tell all others about its side-effects...even nurses here agree with me and dont get their flu shot since it has a lot of risks.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#51 Oct 26, 2013
The flu vaccine has nothing to do with autism. So who cares who get's it. So you base your proof off of nothing scientific. You base it off of mass hysteria. Good to know. You should tell people about side effects, so have I right on this forum. Big deal. Fact still remains you have no evidence any vaccine causes autism.
ricDUH99

Winnipeg, Canada

#52 Oct 27, 2013
friend wrote:
The flu vaccine has nothing to do with autism. So who cares who get's it. So you base your proof off of nothing scientific. You base it off of mass hysteria. Good to know. You should tell people about side effects, so have I right on this forum. Big deal. Fact still remains you have no evidence any vaccine causes autism.
walla a stool sample

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News San Elizario man tests positive for West Nile 3 hr double trouble 1
News Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) 3 hr Mary Flores 6,909
News I stand outside abortion clinics, but I'm no pr... 6 hr Susanm 14
News African herbalist teaches the ancient art of he... 7 hr Inquisitor 50
News Carter thought he had just weeks to live during... 9 hr Not Typical 1
News Martin Budge alleges his health has been ruined... 14 hr ADVERSE EVENTS 2
News CMA urges end to non-medical exemptions for vac... 18 hr Silly Season 2
More from around the web