Genes Associated with Autism Are Surp...

Genes Associated with Autism Are Surprisingly Large

There are 39 comments on the Scientific American story from Sep 23, 2013, titled Genes Associated with Autism Are Surprisingly Large. In it, Scientific American reports that:

Longer Than Previously Thought: Researchers have discovered something surprising about autism genes: They're three to four times longer than the average gene expressed in neurons.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Scientific American.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#2 Sep 23, 2013
Get used to it. Every day they are finding out more and more about genes, one day you'll no longer be able to deny it. Your whole long miss spelled list up there is nothing but off topic, including vaccines.
ray

Brossard, Canada

#5 Sep 25, 2013
friend wrote:
Get used to it. Every day they are finding out more and more about genes, one day you'll no longer be able to deny it. Your whole long miss spelled list up there is nothing but off topic, including vaccines.
Wrong again...which news are you listening to. genetic defects are associated to only 15-20%(max)of autism cases. Meaning the rest recieved vaccination that damaged their immune system/brain inflammation. All parents report the same facts: vaccination one day, next week the kid went into regressive autism.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#6 Sep 25, 2013
Wrong again. Mainly, you have no clue who recieved vaccines and of which of any. And all parent do not report the same things nor would it be considered fact of what they did report. You also would have no clue to their medical reports, either to make any claims of any child medical issues. And that percentage of genes found is just the start of genetics. Genetics can take years to locate and confirm, not only for autism but for many other disorder's. So deny it today, but this article shows your denial days are soon coming to an end.
Ray

Brossard, Canada

#7 Sep 25, 2013
friend wrote:
Wrong again. Mainly, you have no clue who recieved vaccines and of which of any. And all parent do not report the same things nor would it be considered fact of what they did report. You also would have no clue to their medical reports, either to make any claims of any child medical issues. And that percentage of genes found is just the start of genetics. Genetics can take years to locate and confirm, not only for autism but for many other disorder's. So deny it today, but this article shows your denial days are soon coming to an end.
Get ready for another DEBUNKING.

Where is your study that says autism is genetic? what number of autism cases do they relate to genetics? Why is it less than 15% of all autism cases only be explained with best genetic analysis. Did you ever had a genetic epidemic? When is soon that you are refering to for your autism genetic explanation. Its been 15 years of genetic studies with 0 results. stop barking and show results. the whole human genome is already sequenced but no autism genes. they can tell of all foetus malformation with genetic analysis, but when it comes to autism there is no genetic basis, only coincidences. otherwise with the population tested similarities would have been already divulged.

you deny deny deny facts...because you choose to stay blind...you hate that vaccines are strongly associated to autism. too bad for you. its the case. parents didnt wakeup hating vaccines...they lost their kids to vaccines...thats where the hate and Suspicious comes when you talk vaccines. honestly i never vaccinate and will never do it, nor to me or recommend it to anybody. come back for more genetic debunking...come back with some numbers where they say...genes associated to more than 20 or 25% of all autism cases. show me . convince me. till then let me laugh. lol
ric99

Lincoln, UK

#8 Sep 26, 2013
Canadian Ray fails to point out that genetic association with autism is being researched all the time, and more and more associations are being discovered. One of the latest studies is outlined here:-

http://www.news.com.au/technology/sci-tech/au...

Canadian Ray also fails to mention that numerous studies have been carried out (several of which have been linked to in this forum) to discover if there is any real association between vaccines and autism. Conclusions based on the results of all these studies are that there is no causal link between vaccines and autism.

Canadian Ray seems to believe that unsubstantiated opinion is more reliable than rigorous scientific studies.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#9 Sep 26, 2013
Canadian Ray is no good at debunking. I never said autism is totaly genetic. Hello. He's the one who stated "Meaning the rest recieved vaccination that damaged their immune system/brain inflammation." He has no evidence of that, no study out there depicts thats or ever has.
He also states "vaccines are strongly associated to autism". Not true, there's no evidence or studies to back up that claim.
That's not hate. That's fact and only has to do with fact.
Anti you have to love how anti vaxxer still use that ever so emotional "they lost their kids to vaccines". Really? Where did they go???
The Genome Project certainly did connect genes to autism. Try chromosome 11, specifically region 11p12-p13. CNVs were increased copy numbers located in chromosome 15, not transmitted by either parent but still with in the DNA at conception.
Of the Genome Project, where's your evidence of how vaccines duplicate or deletion of genes? Or eveidence of 'children lost'? Or proof of how many children had vaccines and which vaccines?

He cant provide that info because none exists.
You are debunked. Again.
ric99

Lincoln, UK

#13 Sep 26, 2013
The Winnipeg dummy is showing his lack of reading skills and comprehension yet again. The genetic signature has already been identified. It is the simple blood test for it that is being developed in the next 1 to 2 years.

So where are the many studies showing that vaccines cause autism, that the Winnipeg dummy assures us exist. He can't even produce one, because none exist.
ric99

Lincoln, UK

#15 Sep 26, 2013
So I was right, the Winnipeg dummy is the one making imaginary statements. The studies showing that vaccines cause autism (as claimed by the Winnipeg dummy) don't exist, so he resorts to more insults as usual. Everyone here (apart from his half-brained anti-vaxxer pals) can see straight through him.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#16 Sep 26, 2013
Winnipeg has no clue how statistic works in a scientific study. That 20 percent he keeps boosting about? It's a statistical estimate based off the amount of participants within the study but by no means an accurate figure. The actual figure will be revealed when this genetic test becomes available and it doesn't matter when that availibility is be it tomorrow or in 2 years. The genes have been identified and the technology is there to create a test. That is fact.
Only an anti vaxxer who attacks others would be afraid of such a test and deny it's importance.
ric99

Lincoln, UK

#19 Sep 26, 2013
You can always tell when the Winnipeg dummy hasn't got any evidence concerning vaccines and autism, because he always resorts to insults.
Blame Vaccines

Winnipeg, Canada

#21 Sep 28, 2013
ric99 wrote:
Canadian Ray fails to point out that genetic association with autism is being researched all the time, and more and more associations are being discovered. One of the latest studies is outlined here:-
http://www.news.com.au/technology/sci-tech/au...
Canadian Ray also fails to mention that numerous studies have been carried out (several of which have been linked to in this forum) to discover if there is any real association between vaccines and autism. Conclusions based on the results of all these studies are that there is no causal link between vaccines and autism.
Canadian Ray seems to believe that unsubstantiated opinion is more reliable than rigorous scientific studies.
UK brainfart ignores the fact most studies are paid for by the vaccine industry and can be easily manipulated, unchallenged and have preconceived results and conclusion. While UK is farting his brain cells are dying and misfiring, so much of what he states needs to be wiped with tissue and his diaper changed.
Ray

Brossard, Canada

#22 Sep 28, 2013
ric99 wrote:
Canadian Ray fails to point out that genetic association with autism is being researched all the time, and more and more associations are being discovered. One of the latest studies is outlined here:-
http://www.news.com.au/technology/sci-tech/au...
Canadian Ray also fails to mention that numerous studies have been carried out (several of which have been linked to in this forum) to discover if there is any real association between vaccines and autism. Conclusions based on the results of all these studies are that there is no causal link between vaccines and autism.
Canadian Ray seems to believe that unsubstantiated opinion is more reliable than rigorous scientific studies.
You fail totally to back up your claim that autism is genetic. You have such a strong barking but no number to show for. More and more of genes...what is that suppose to mean. Its empty...all genetic studies put together have genetic deformation which applies only to 15% max 20 percent of autism cases. In case you dont understand there is another 80 % cases of autism unaccounted for. How much more genetic study you guys are aiming for. Come with numbers and then bark and bite.
Ray

Brossard, Canada

#23 Sep 28, 2013
friend wrote:
Winnipeg has no clue how statistic works in a scientific study. That 20 percent he keeps boosting about? It's a statistical estimate based off the amount of participants within the study but by no means an accurate figure. The actual figure will be revealed when this genetic test becomes available and it doesn't matter when that availibility is be it tomorrow or in 2 years. The genes have been identified and the technology is there to create a test. That is fact.
Only an anti vaxxer who attacks others would be afraid of such a test and deny it's importance.
The science you are relying of performing the genetic studies were the same people who said:

Autism is caused by refrigerator mother,
Oh no wait: it is because the father is old,
oh no wait: it is the TV
Oh no wait: it is because of male hormones, there is too much testosteron, LOL
Oh no wait: it is genetic mutations, oh no its CNV, oh no spontaneous mutation.

Show us your genetic number imbecile, debunk vaccines causing autism, debunk all these parents report losing their kids a few days after vaccination, debunk how health agencies closed their eyes on vaccination side effects and choose to go with fear mongering vaccine manufacturer and campaigner\

Come back Vaxx pusher for more debunking
MMR CAUSES AUTISM

Winnipeg, Canada

#24 Sep 28, 2013
Ray wrote:
<quoted text>
You fail totally to back up your claim that autism is genetic. You have such a strong barking but no number to show for. More and more of genes...what is that suppose to mean. Its empty...all genetic studies put together have genetic deformation which applies only to 15% max 20 percent of autism cases. In case you dont understand there is another 80 % cases of autism unaccounted for. How much more genetic study you guys are aiming for. Come with numbers and then bark and bite.
UK has nothing to offer but brain farts caused by tea and crumpets.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#25 Sep 28, 2013
Wrong again. The science you rely on was found to be a fraud. No one has to debunk vaccines causing autism, and why? You have no proof of it. Not one study of any kind of science to proof it. And as for those side effects, anyone could and should have known all medicine including vaccines have side effects. Only anti vaxxers believe we live in a risk-free world.
Ray

Brossard, Canada

#26 Sep 28, 2013
friend wrote:
Wrong again. The science you rely on was found to be a fraud. No one has to debunk vaccines causing autism, and why? You have no proof of it. Not one study of any kind of science to proof it. And as for those side effects, anyone could and should have known all medicine including vaccines have side effects. Only anti vaxxers believe we live in a risk-free world.
Bozoo was saying vaccination have no side ffects, no paralysis. Now he admits it does cause paralysis and GBS and neurological diseases. Wait another 20 years they will see the cancer rates of today and only vaccines will be finger pointed...but then again you will call it a mere coincidence.
ANOTHER DUH MOMENT

Winnipeg, Canada

#27 Sep 28, 2013
friend wrote:
Wrong again. The science you rely on was found to be a fraud. No one has to debunk vaccines causing autism, and why? You have no proof of it. Not one study of any kind of science to proof it. And as for those side effects, anyone could and should have known all medicine including vaccines have side effects. Only anti vaxxers believe we live in a risk-free world.
Another duh moment from you know who

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#28 Sep 28, 2013
You just keep posting and reveal just how unedcuated you were and still are. No one ever said vaccines have no side effects, there's just no proof the effects are anti vaxxer claims like GBS and paralysis, even from Saint-bruno-de-montarville, Canada own copy and paste
http://www.topix.com/forum/health/autism/TS1S...

Post #208 "but was a mere coincidence of paralysis with the recent vaccination"

Talk about a duh moment! You cant even prove what you claim! BAWAHAHAHAHA!!
ric99

Lincoln, UK

#29 Sep 29, 2013
Canadian Ray wants numbers. So where are his numbers of autism cases caused by vaccines, according to real peer reviewed scientific studies? Zero, 0, zilch.

On the other hand, the number of gene mutations shown to be associated with autism is increasing all the time as more and more new ones are found.
ric99

Lincoln, UK

#31 Sep 29, 2013
We should all thank the Winnipeg dummy for that rant, because anyone with any intelligence can now clearly see what a nutcase he really is. Does he seriously think that we are going to believe his nonsense about all governments, all universities, all scientists and even the World Health Organisation, being under the control of Big Pharma. Big Pharma must be the next James Bond villain. LOL

Keep up the good work Winnipeg dummy. You are doing a great job of debunking everything you say.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Editorial: Raise Californiaa s tobacco tax, reg... 2 hr informer 2
News U.S. smoking rate falls to 15 percent 2 hr Cough Cough Hack OMG 7
News Raising pay can reduce smoking rates 2 hr informer 2
News How Autistic People Helped Shape the Modern World 3 hr friend 16
News Becoming a Dentist (Jan '13) 7 hr jstrong196 66
News Why Science Needs "Neurodiversity," Autism Incl... 7 hr VACCINE INJURY 1
News What If the Diagnosis of Autism Is Wrong? 7 hr VACCINE INJURY 1
Esophagus Spasm - How my mom STOPS her Esophage... (May '12) 16 hr leticia 172
News Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) 16 hr leticia 6,472
More from around the web