Smoking Ban Proposed in Sheffield

Smoking Ban Proposed in Sheffield

There are 62 comments on the WHNT News 19 story from Feb 9, 2010, titled Smoking Ban Proposed in Sheffield. In it, WHNT News 19 reports that:

'Smoking or Non-smoking?' It's a question you may no longer hear in restaurants in bars in Sheffield.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHNT News 19.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“secondhand smoke is a joke”

Since: Jun 09

tobaccoville kentucky

#1 Feb 9, 2010
Note that the EPA report of 1992 on second hand smoke was tossed out as junk science by federal judge osteen.
Followed by 2 congressional comittees with henry waxman in attendance,both comittees also tossed the epa report as junk science.........yet these same smoke free and govmnt health groups continue to make claims shs/ets harms people. Sg general carmona was asked to provide some names of the dead he claimed of 50,000 deaths to shs a year........yet he couldnt name one and he declared the number was computer generated on the sammac system..........to this date there still are no names.........note this too the relative risk factor of second hand smoke is a 1.1 while tap waters is a 1.24 and milks is a 2.4 yet we dont call these things carcinogens as the epa study of 1992 tried to claim.......then when we find not one smoke free group lists the true major component in second hand smoke is water vapor and air at nearly 94%.....surgeon general report of 1989 pg 80.

Then we have OSHA not making a rule of limits..........why because nano grams and femptograms are not going to harm anyone.........what we have here is a lie and mass propaganda by health officials andnon-profits out to secure profits for big pharma elling the cessation drugs....the guilty parties are the robert woods johnson foundation aka johnson and johnson along with the american cancer society ,hired out by RWJF to lobby for smoking bans.......note also that all state wide bans include tax dollars for smoke free droups and 300-500 million dollars for purchasing and paying for quit lines and buy cessation drugs from big pharma..........This story is bigger than the global arming hype from the climategate emails..........follow the money and you will find the world health orginization is heavily financed by big pharma and lets not forget the world anti-tobacco treaty where countries were blackmaled to sign the treaty or lose world bank loans..........Even the tobacco companies had there hands tied by the MSA deal to stay shut up about anything tobacco control may say in the future..........leaving tobacco control prohibitionists the ability to make any claim they so desired and see it rubber stamped by government agencies staffed with people from the same non-profit groups...look at obamas hhs secretary or the cdc director all from tobacco control back grounds even the new surgeon general comes from tobacco control in mississippi..........colusion you bet.
DML

Huntsville, AL

#2 Feb 10, 2010
LOL are you a tobacco lobbyist? SMOKING IS BAD. I for one don't want to come anywhere close to 2nd hand smoking, they just released a new report that says that even 3rd hand smoking is bad for you... so if it's bad third hand.. 2nd hand has to be bad.
I won't eat someplace that allows smoking, and now that I have a kid, I don't even let them around people that smoke. If you breathe in too much smoke during a fire you die.. so why would you do it voluntarily.
nightwind

Augusta, GA

#3 Feb 10, 2010
People need to get over this wast of tax money on bans to stop smoking there are more pressing drug issues that concern our children's health out there that kill much faster that my tax money can be used.
Sincere

Muscle Shoals, AL

#4 Feb 10, 2010
There is a lot of places that serve Food and invite familys in that are a bar like place. They alow smoking around childern that is second and third hand smoke to small children and to young adults. We need to reduce the risk to the all people and not have smoking in public. Please pass this in to law.

“Fredneck County Md”

Since: Feb 08

Small Town

#6 Feb 10, 2010
DML wrote:
LOL are you a tobacco lobbyist? SMOKING IS BAD. I for one don't want to come anywhere close to 2nd hand smoking, they just released a new report that says that even 3rd hand smoking is bad for you... so if it's bad third hand.. 2nd hand has to be bad.
I won't eat someplace that allows smoking, and now that I have a kid, I don't even let them around people that smoke. If you breathe in too much smoke during a fire you die.. so why would you do it voluntarily.
LOL are you a Moron? I just read a report that said slitting your wrist will help lower your blood pressure. Now there's one you should jump on.

Muscle Shoals, AL

#9 Feb 10, 2010
Let's stop older and younger drivers from driving; it will save lives. Let's make drugs legal; it will lower crime rates and save tax money, also generate more tax money from taxing the drugs. Let's not legislate morality and work on family values which would stop most of societies problems today.....
just candid

AOL

#10 Feb 10, 2010
Degenerates and lowclass riffraff are almost always cigarette smokers. 0>:~)

“Smoking bans,sucks...”

Since: Mar 09

RICE LAKE,WISCONSIN

#11 Feb 10, 2010
just candid sounds like a parrot...repeat after me candid want a cracker.

“Fredneck County Md”

Since: Feb 08

Small Town

#12 Feb 10, 2010
spurs wrote:
just candid sounds like a parrot...repeat after me candid want a cracker.
That's all any of the anti-smokers amount to. They simply repeat what their masters tell them.
we have no rights left

United States

#13 Feb 10, 2010
Its not the point about smoking. We have to fight for every right and I think we should see if they are violating our civil rights. We didn't elect them to tell us what to do and how to run our business. Everybody know about Grant Hotel and basically legal prostutes. They only enforece laws they want. Don' t let them treat us like we live in a communist country. Do we not get to vote. I am sure we could vote if they made money off it. You're not fooling the citizens of the shoals, we see that nasty city everday and know the money never goes where it should. Nobody really needs SHEFFIED ANYWAY, BYPASS IT1111
sheffield slum town

United States

#14 Feb 10, 2010
Exacatly everybody is moving out expect the new fine lowe income moving in. Everything is done on the buddy system. Stop supporting the communist goverment there.
what happened to voting

United States

#15 Feb 10, 2010
Sorry, I keep forgetting, we aren't free anymore.
Ken Hill

Oakville, Canada

#16 Feb 11, 2010
From a non-smoker.

Hooray for Fascism
Hooray for Fascism. Let us all jump up and down and sing in joy, like little children, but we are adults that know Fascism is evil and to make emotional decisions about our children's future based on our government's irrational anti-smoking agenda, is not in their best interest.
Capitalism can thrive without war. It is a producer of goods and services. Capitalism trades with other countries. Fascism depends on the demise of Capitalism. Fascism destroys the means of producing goods and services necessitating invasion against other countries.
Big Government assists Fascism to exist by forcing their will upon the population with more and more sweeping legislations. Small Government relies upon the strength of the people, not their weaknesses', to project hope into the future. Capitalism requires courage to move forward, Fascism cowardice. Fascism always hides, represses their rotting, self-betrayed inner state while spewing "there is no hope, the earth is dying" mentality upon the world. Anti-smoking bans are part of this process.
The earth is not dying, but the strident forcefulness of 'chicken littleism, politicized environmentalism, Fascism' must be identified and eradicated.
Frisbee

Seattle, WA

#17 Feb 16, 2010
Happy Contented Soul wrote:
That's all any of the anti-smokers amount to. They simply repeat what their masters tell them.
Says the guy who's cut and pasted the same shit on at least a hundred different posts.

Don't matter how many times you post your denial nonsense. Cigarettes still cause cancer.
Frisbee

Seattle, WA

#18 Feb 16, 2010
Ken Hill wrote:
From a non-smoker.
Hooray for Fascism..........
Blah, Blah,
Jingoistic rhetoric that demonstrates that you don't even know the definition of the words you're throwing around.
everything is bad for you

United States

#19 Feb 16, 2010
That's not the only thing that causes cancer say cell phones, grilling out and those smoke stacks at local plants. Let's outlaw all those things. Alabama will so all it can to stay a backwards redneck town. They don't want to grow or get jobs.

tobaccoville kentucky

#20 Feb 17, 2010
saying smoking bans create jobs is like saying going green creates jobs......all it creates is more government jobs.......
Brian James ONeill II

Hollywood, FL

#21 Feb 17, 2010
Illinois State Government Entity is one of the several states with statutory law in place to prevent somking in businesses and public places, etc.

I my self am taking action against every person, business, entity, and others that are prohibited from violating the "Smoke - Free Illinois Act" See 410 ILCS 82 http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/ilcs2.as...

I have taken several photos of individuals illegal smoking within 15 feet ..... of business and in a public place as well other violations.

I have fulfilled to this point the legislatures statutory intention.

I gone far beyond what the statute requires I must do. To get the law enforcement officers and government entities to take action to make all individuals, business, entities, and all other persons and places to be made to stay in compliance of the statutory sections.

Since the law enforcement officers are violating their duty to enforced the law. I am not required at the local level.

The statutory law requires I to now file the complaints and other information with the Illinois State Department Of Public Health that is required to enfoced the law.

I been in contact with the Illinois State Department Of Public Health and turned in the local law enforcement agencies, local governmental entities, business, illegal smokers, owners of businesses and employees that are allowing and even themselves illegal smoking when the law prohibits several different illegal violations.

I have received media coverage and went before the local government bodys to address the elected officials themselves and other entities are violating the statutory law. I statute does not require I do this. I did it so they can not they didn't know the law.

I and the Illinois State Department Of Public Health are working together. They thank I very much for going out of my way and doing what I had with not one person asking I to do so!

tobaccoville kentucky

#22 Feb 17, 2010
Brian James ONeill II wrote:
Illinois State Government Entity is one of the several states with statutory law in place to prevent somking in businesses and public places, etc.
I my self am taking action against every person, business, entity, and others that are prohibited from violating the "Smoke - Free Illinois Act" See 410 ILCS 82 http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/ilcs2.as...
I have taken several photos of individuals illegal smoking within 15 feet ..... of business and in a public place as well other violations.
I have fulfilled to this point the legislatures statutory intention.
I gone far beyond what the statute requires I must do. To get the law enforcement officers and government entities to take action to make all individuals, business, entities, and all other persons and places to be made to stay in compliance of the statutory sections.
Since the law enforcement officers are violating their duty to enforced the law. I am not required at the local level.
The statutory law requires I to now file the complaints and other information with the Illinois State Department Of Public Health that is required to enfoced the law.
I been in contact with the Illinois State Department Of Public Health and turned in the local law enforcement agencies, local governmental entities, business, illegal smokers, owners of businesses and employees that are allowing and even themselves illegal smoking when the law prohibits several different illegal violations.
I have received media coverage and went before the local government bodys to address the elected officials themselves and other entities are violating the statutory law. I statute does not require I do this. I did it so they can not they didn't know the law.
I and the Illinois State Department Of Public Health are working together. They thank I very much for going out of my way and doing what I had with not one person asking I to do so!
I suppose youve heard what happens to snitches?
Brian James ONeill II

Hollywood, FL

#23 Feb 17, 2010
Confederate1989 wrote:
<quoted text>I suppose youve heard what happens to snitches?
LOL That's a joke! I been turning individuals in my entire life to law enforcement and states attorney for committing both criminal and uncivilized crimes.

Guest this news has not got around to you. I have been for so many years a very famous person that has had newspaper, radio, and television media coverage.

I have a A.S. and B.S. Professional Paralegal Degree along with being a honor student with a 3.75 G.P. A. as well, an active memember with voting rights of one of the biggest Paralegal Associations in the United States Of America.

I was born and raised in New York State and lived in New York City, as well Long Island for several years. You should know individuals protecting our selves.

Also I want you to know two individuals were arrested on felony criminal charges last year. I have been getting a lot of media coverage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Things to know about Social Security at 80: Tim... 1 hr netruthteller 32
News Why won't she talk? One mother's journey to fin... 4 hr Cole 4
News Ohio logs better-than-average childhood vaccina... 4 hr VACCINES AGAIN 1
News National Autistic Society gives warning on diag... 4 hr VACCINES AGAIN 1
News Man arrested after woman is found dead in car n... (Mar '12) 7 hr TamiC 8
News Restaurant review: Tacos Don Cuco is classic Me... 13 hr Richard Crosno 3
News Treating ED in teens key for future well-being (Mar '09) 13 hr williamssmith1n 25
News Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) 20 hr kal 6,469
More from around the web