Study: Fist bumps are less germy than...

Study: Fist bumps are less germy than handshakes

There are 5 comments on the Daily World story from Jul 27, 2014, titled Study: Fist bumps are less germy than handshakes. In it, Daily World reports that:

It is also a very germy way to greet your fellow humans, much worse than a couple of more casual alternatives, a new study shows.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily World.

Daniel BoonesRus

UK

#1 Jul 28, 2014
high fives and fist bumps mimic Chimpanzee behaviour, and people who use these forms of greeting are just showing us that Darwin had it right.

“Hear what you've been missing.”

Since: Jul 14

Tempe, AZ 85284

#2 Jul 28, 2014
This makes sense!

Since: Jul 14

Enschede, Netherlands

#3 Jul 28, 2014
It makes sense, you are making far less contact than you would otherwise, so why would you expect that it would have the same level of contamination. It would make zero sense if it did not happen this way. I do not really know what Darwin has to with it but whatever.
Mail Order Ting Tong

UK

#4 Jul 29, 2014
CodyRCoward wrote:
It makes sense, you are making far less contact than you would otherwise, so why would you expect that it would have the same level of contamination. It would make zero sense if it did not happen this way. I do not really know what Darwin has to with it but whatever.
the fist thumping and high fives was first noted between chimps and later, between african american males. take a wild guess what Darwin has to do with it.
Dorthy D Boyle

San Francisco, CA

#5 Sep 7, 2014
Zoundshearing wrote:
This makes sense!
According to studies, hand shakes transmitted about 10 times more bacteria than the fist bumps and about two times more than the high fives.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Homosexuality against natural law (Sep '09) 50 min Southern Charm 1,433
News The Latest: Trump promises health insurance for... 1 hr Cordwainer Trout 4
News Obama blasts Bernie Bros for undermining ObamaC... 2 hr Venus6619 33
News Bernie Sanders's claim that '36,000 people will... 2 hr Fox8598 36
News The spy who quit? Lovers keep 007 passive smoki... 3 hr Get a LIFE 2
News Donald Trump may have just destroyed the Republ... 6 hr LovePotion5091 5
Seeking a complete insight !!! 6 hr henrioskin 1
News Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) Mon Mecshalae 7,074
Esophagus Spasm - How my mom STOPS her Esophage... (May '12) Jan 14 Kay 254
Nudity at doctor's office (Mar '07) Jan 10 kirton 131
More from around the web