Posted in the Health Forum
Since: May 13
#1 May 27, 2013
Nummular Eczema - also known as discoid eczema. This is a chronic form of eczema in which rashes will appear forming red coin shaped discs on the affected areas.
- Can affect various body parts such as: lower body part, hands, trunk, and forearms.
This is NOT contagious!
Some Signs and Symptoms of nummular eczema:
- red, round plagues on affected areas
- lesions become really itchy
- affected areas may feel as though they burn
Some Triggers of nummular eczema:
- insect bites
- skin burns
- minor skin injuries
Some Treatment Options:
- Keep skin hydrated
- Take baths using cool water
- Keep skin moisturized using moisturizers, creams, oils, lotions, etc.
- Use of corticosteroid creams can help relieve inflammations
- Antibiotics may be given if a secondary infection becomes present with nummular eczema.
Add your comments below
|Smoking causes wrinkles||25 min||Say What||6|
|Ohio Gov. John Kasich: House Republicans could ...||34 min||Lawrence Wolf||44|
|Hospice Care or Murder? (Jan '13)||10 hr||healerbree||17|
|Sex In Old Age Is More Important Than You Thought (Mar '15)||13 hr||Humanspirit||111|
|Gay guys in illinois (Jun '16)||13 hr||Aoao113||22|
|Am I hitting a growth spurt?||18 hr||Anthony||1|
|Esophagus Spasm - How my mom STOPS her Esophage... (May '12)||18 hr||Esther||265|
|Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07)||Mon||Somethinrather123||7,142|
|Nudity at doctor's office (Mar '07)||Feb 26||Keith||149|
Find what you want!
Search Health Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC