Gene studies begin to unravel autism puzzle

Apr 4, 2012 Full story: Reuters 11

A sweeping study of hundreds of families with autism has found that spontaneous mutations can occur in a parent's sperm or egg cells that increase a child's risk for autism, and fathers are four times more likely than mothers to pass these mutations on to their children, researchers said on Wednesday.

Full Story

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#1 Apr 4, 2012
Published in the journal Nature, suggest mutations in parts of genes that code for proteins - called the exome - play a significant role in autism.
They identified at least three genes. They found that new mutations occurred four times more frequently in sperm cells than in egg cells.

It's starting to unravel alright.
Absolute Garbage

Winnipeg, Canada

#2 Apr 4, 2012
Same old genetic lie they have been pushing to deflect vaccine cause. Blame the victim. Nothing but hypothetical blah blah, suggesting this and suggesting that. Absolutely no proof of anything. Only a circus clown would believe this trash is meaningful at all.

Location hidden

#3 Apr 4, 2012
Vaccine cause is hypothetical, you just admitted it on another topic. Much easier to prove genetics, get used to it.
Minnesoduh

Winnipeg, Canada

#4 Apr 4, 2012
friend wrote:
Vaccine cause is hypothetical, you just admitted it on another topic. Much easier to prove genetics, get used to it.
They have proven nothing, get used to it.

Location hidden

#5 Apr 4, 2012
They have proved more about genetics than they ever have of vaccines. Every day there's more new findings relating to genetics and vaccines can not account for it. Every new finding makes you become more meaner by the minute.
David Kirby

Winnipeg, Canada

#6 Apr 5, 2012
friend wrote:
They have proved more about genetics than they ever have of vaccines. Every day there's more new findings relating to genetics and vaccines can not account for it. Every new finding makes you become more meaner by the minute.
Every day? I read nothing about proof vaccines don't account for it? Vaccines are never mentioned when the perpetrators are pushing the genetic card. I not becoming meaner, you are with that style of name calling, shame on you frienduh.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#7 Apr 8, 2012
David Kirby wrote:
<quoted text>
Every day? I read nothing about proof vaccines don't account for it? Vaccines are never mentioned when the perpetrators are pushing the genetic card. I not becoming meaner, you are with that style of name calling, shame on you frienduh.
David Kirby please email me. We had corresponded briefly a few years ago after I had bought your book. Well, much has happened since then. I was able to reverse the signs of autism in my adult son. I would like to share how I did it!
sharonelane@gmail.com
Just Sayin

Winnipeg, Canada

#8 Apr 8, 2012
sharon lane wrote:
<quoted text>
David Kirby please email me. We had corresponded briefly a few years ago after I had bought your book. Well, much has happened since then. I was able to reverse the signs of autism in my adult son. I would like to share how I did it!
sharonelane@gmail.com
Its not the real David Kirby.

Location hidden

#9 Apr 8, 2012
Winipeg Canada pretends to be many people, just ti disrupt this forum. Kirby does NOT live in Canada.

Location hidden

#11 Apr 9, 2012
Right, this comes from the same Winnipeg Canada who made comments under 4 different names just on this one topic.

The only one pretending here is you,'David Kirby', and continue to spread anti vaxxers lies and fear. You're only here to deflect blame on gene's- try reading the article title pal.

Did you bother to read the links Sharon Lane spammed? Other than spamming supplements and they cant just tell the story in one article; they do it in 28 entries so far and it's still not done, her kid doesn't have autism any more. You should e-mail her and ask how she did it. I'm sure "David Kirby" would be intersted.
Garbage Science

Winnipeg, Canada

#12 Apr 9, 2012
friend wrote:
Right, this comes from the same Winnipeg Canada who made comments under 4 different names just on this one topic.
The only one pretending here is you,'David Kirby', and continue to spread anti vaxxers lies and fear. You're only here to deflect blame on gene's- try reading the article title pal.
Did you bother to read the links Sharon Lane spammed? Other than spamming supplements and they cant just tell the story in one article; they do it in 28 entries so far and it's still not done, her kid doesn't have autism any more. You should e-mail her and ask how she did it. I'm sure "David Kirby" would be intersted.
Don't call me pal!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Study: Impotence Drugs Don't Cause Vision Damage (Apr '09) 17 min billbans 18
Erectile dysfunction raises risk of hospitaliza... (Feb '13) 21 min billbans 14
Gay-rights group backs use of HIV-prevention pill 23 min Phily fagg@ts nex... 13
Girl with Asperger Syndrome Performing Michael ... 26 min Jessie Pinkman 15
0569470225 hot massage in abu dhabi (Jan '14) 36 min subin 90
Should the U.S. Do More to Address the Ebola Ou... 2 hr Vaccine Damaged 85
Distal tubal blockage 2 hr summerxxx 1
Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) 9 hr first time 5,966
Esophagus Spasm - How my mom STOPS her Esophage... (May '12) Sat Joyce 136

Health People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE