What is wrong with my knee(s)?

What is wrong with my knee(s)?

Posted in the Health Forum

Kayla

Mount Pleasant, MI

#1 Mar 29, 2013
I am a 17 year old female, and for the past four or five months, I've been having really bad knee pain. It's mostly in my right knee, but sometimes in both. It usually happens when I bend it or when I'm walking, I get a locking and shooting pain down my shin. If I stand straight and lock my knees, it also happens. Could this be arthritis?

Also, I have taken NSAIDs and they don't really help, so that's what makes me think it's probably not arthritis, but I know it's a possibility. If it is arthritis, what are the chances of being put on pain medication such as tramadol, as it usually helps me tremendously. If it's not arthritis, what do you think it could be and what is usually the treatment?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dialysis patients frustrated with Washington Ri... 21 min slickmick 11
News Myth Busted: Autism Is Not Caused By MMR Vaccine 37 min Sangelia 60
News Autism Fast Facts 44 min Sangelia 12
News Dr. Andrew Wakefield reveals shocking news abou... 46 min VACCINE SPECTRUM ... 13
News VigRx Plus: Power your life for more satisfying... (Jun '08) 1 hr Frazier 29
News Does Exercise Cause Impotence? (Jul '07) 1 hr Elvin 24
News Students return to class after meeting vaccine ... 3 hr arcanaknight 2
News Pregnancy Symptoms - 12 Very Early Symptoms of ... (Jun '07) 23 hr jess 6,334
More from around the web