Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns ...

Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt...

There are 8235 comments on the PRWeb story from Feb 4, 2007, titled Hernia Mesh Patch Recall - FDA Warns of Death and Serious Healt.... In it, PRWeb reports that:

Patients should review the latest recall information to see if they have been implanted with the recalled device and seek medical attention if symptoms such as unexplained or persistent abdominal pain, fever, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PRWeb.

PLC

Halifax, Canada

#8219 Jan 14, 2014
Hi Tammy and Loise,
I am also from Nova Scotia, what areas are you from?
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#8220 Jan 14, 2014
Had an online interview yesterday about Mesh. If'n you want to hear my interview, go to www.strayinterviews.com and go to the audio interview section. Its about a 30 minute talk about Mesh and what it has done to me and continues to do to other folks. Enjoy!!

Since: Jan 12

Dartmouth, Canada

#8221 Jan 15, 2014
PLC wrote:
Hi Tammy and Loise,
I am also from Nova Scotia, what areas are you from?
I am from pictou County,What area are you from?
Blair

Montague, Canada

#8222 Jan 15, 2014
All Meshed Up wrote:
Had an online interview yesterday about Mesh. If'n you want to hear my interview, go to www.strayinterviews.com and go to the audio interview section. Its about a 30 minute talk about Mesh and what it has done to me and continues to do to other folks. Enjoy!!
What a great interview, my thoughts are with you. I hope you luck out and find a surgeon plus a plastic surgeon to repair the damage like i did. If you have a small hernia do your research and have it repaired by the Shouldice Technique. My hat goes off to you for all the people you have helped to understand the side effects of a mesh implant. A simple twenty minute operation turned out to be ten years of sickness, operations and recovery. Never to be the same again and living on disabillity. The health system failed us and thousands more. THANK YOU!
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#8223 Jan 15, 2014
Blair wrote:
<quoted text>
What a great interview, my thoughts are with you. I hope you luck out and find a surgeon plus a plastic surgeon to repair the damage like i did. If you have a small hernia do your research and have it repaired by the Shouldice Technique. My hat goes off to you for all the people you have helped to understand the side effects of a mesh implant. A simple twenty minute operation turned out to be ten years of sickness, operations and recovery. Never to be the same again and living on disability. The health system failed us and thousands more. THANK YOU!
Hey there Blair! Thanks for the review of my first ever Internet broadcast. It was an opportunity that I had to take if I could reach a wider audience. There are so many aspects to a Mesh implant that goes beyond the injury or surgery. And most times than not the person you are having to trust with your health and life is the Doctor that has taken an on line course or a 1 day seminar by the Manufacturer to install their crap. And then when ( God forbid) the Mesh goes bad, that same Doctor takes no responsibility what so ever. They blame you or they blame the manufacturer. And then when you blame the manufacturer, they blame you or the Doctor. Then it goes to court and every aspect of your life, including non-medical, is analyzed under the microscope of people that are doing everything they can to not be blamed for your ill's. For that reason I have suggested that victims go to the MAUDE data base and read about their mesh from other victims. Initially they will find that they are not alone with the symptoms they have been suffering from. But they should recognize and realize that any little aspect of their life that the manufacturer's lawyers can glom on to will be used against them. And of course if you do not have the mesh that was used on you in hand for analysis, you are not going to get far. Even then, the fact that the Dr. had to extricate the mesh from the body, sometimes in pieces, that will effect your case because the manufacturer will blame the Dr. for any thing wrong with the mesh. " It didn't break apart! The Dr cut it up!". So now, as I have stated before, victims need to have video evidence of what the mesh looks like IN THE BODY before it is taken out! Treat your body during a removal AS A CRIME SCENE! I truly believe that will be the only way that we will be able to shut the manufacturer's up, cause the FDA to admit that mesh is bad and the Courts will have to get serious about damage compensation for victims. I will continue till I "Canna do no morrrre Captain" and hope that I will see retribution for all of us against the Manufacturers that have known exactly what mesh is about but lie every day. Best Wishes to All..........
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#8224 Jan 15, 2014
tammy-l wrote:
<quoted text> I am from pictou County,What area are you from?
Why do you not exchange e-mail addresses? That way you do not have to use the Hernia Forum to communicate! Thanks.......
Pain from Atrium Medical

Wailuku, HI

#8229 Jan 24, 2014
Hello,
I am still in pain after almost four years of Inguinal Surgery with Atrium Pro Loop Mesh and Plug that was used!! It has gotten worse! I thought by now there would be a recall? Atrium must have plenty of people "on their Payroll". No attorney's will take it, the FDA sent Atrium a unsanitary factory conditions letter, but nothing happens. I have read so many of your emails on this site with the same pain as I am going through. Why is it that we have to keep suffering and Atrium Medical goes on as if nothing is happening out here? If it were a food product it would make the CNN headlines!!!! Please email me back if you had Atrium Pro Loop used, etc. I am ready to go to Washingon!
Sue
jane Akre

Ponte Vedra, FL

#8230 Jan 24, 2014
I believe Sue the law firm advertising on Mesh News Desk this month is taking those cases... check with them.....I remember because Atrium is not often named.... Thanks!

http://meshmedicaldevicenewsdesk.com/latest-i...
ramshawed01

United States

#8231 Jan 27, 2014
ElsieP wrote:
Bruce, The FDA links are great! what a great thing for people to see! I hope it saves many from the pain this mesh has done to so many of us! I am so thankfull to you for all your hard work!
went to the Dr. on Fri, and guess what??? i have another hernia starting to poke its little head out! doc said I can not do any lifting, straining ect... i can not even move the furnature. UGH! house feels so much cleaner when i do that! hubby says good about the furnature part. lol he tried to turn the tv on with remote pointing toward the computer when i moved it last time! LOL (i did it too, but won't tell him that)
doc also said if i get a cold, to get me some good cough meds. i don't know what to do with it. i will not let them put another mesh in me!
this hernia is where i had 2 c-sections, 1 tubal preg. and also cut from another hernia. thats allot of openings there. oh an also a little one where they took my ovary out.
pain clinic called today, i am going to try the neurostimulator. get a 2 week trial before the permanent one. i can't take these meds any longer, and if i don't like it, he said he will take it out. will try this until i can hopefully see Dr.Ramshaw
so anyway, guess i am blabbing on... lol
hope all is well, and keep up the wonderful things you have been doing. you are and angel for so many, and i am sure many more to come!
wishing everyone pain free days!
Elsie
Dr Ramshaw was the MD that implanted my mesh when he was in Atlanta. It's good to hear that he has now started assisting those that he implanted. Although, I know he still implants these death traps. I feel that the physicians should take a Stand for their unsuspecting patients. As We are the ones left to deal with multiple procedures,even after the crap is removed. Twelve hour surgery to remove an eroded mesh, half of my bladder and 4+ ft of small bowel. Only to be on life support for two days, and come out with what has been diagnosed as "peripheral nerve damage"!! I can no longer work in a field that I love, & Live off neurontin & pain meds.
An abdominalplasty was done after mesh was removed. I'm curious as to why that was not the first option. I would have Never had to deal with any of this. My life has been changed.
Good Luck to you..
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#8232 Jan 27, 2014
ramshawed01 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr Ramshaw was the MD that implanted my mesh when he was in Atlanta. It's good to hear that he has now started assisting those that he implanted. Although, I know he still implants these death traps. I feel that the physicians should take a Stand for their unsuspecting patients. As We are the ones left to deal with multiple procedures,even after the crap is removed. Twelve hour surgery to remove an eroded mesh, half of my bladder and 4+ ft of small bowel. Only to be on life support for two days, and come out with what has been diagnosed as "peripheral nerve damage"!! I can no longer work in a field that I love, & Live off neurontin & pain meds.
An abdominalplasty was done after mesh was removed. I'm curious as to why that was not the first option. I would have Never had to deal with any of this. My life has been changed.
Good Luck to you..
Of the many problems associated with having a mesh implant, the realization that the Dr. you trusted ends up being the one that lies to you is devastating. My Dr., after leaving 3 messages, never returned my calls. Of course the message was that I was having pain, feeling sick and my surgical area was inflamed. It wasn't till months later that I came to know why I was feeling the way I did but also why he did not return my calls. Dr. Ramshaw is playing both sides of the field when it come's to Mesh. Yes, he has said that mesh can cause problems but he still tows the manufacturers line when he appears at conferences. The data that he compiles from his surgeries is not used for public use. It is for the manufacturer. He can still go out and remove mesh but he still use's it in other patients. There are mitigating circumstances for the use of mesh to save a life, I get that. But until there is an outright ban and/or moratorium on the use of mesh products with all the FDA mumbo jumbo that goes with it and with the Medical communities cooperation will I feel some vindication. As it has been posted on here many times by many different victims, there is just too much money involved for mesh use to be stopped. And the Insurance companies know that a mesh ban would result in mass lawsuits/claims causing even more problems than ObamaCare is doing to them now. The FDA probably knows that a ban would eventually reveal their involvement in keeping mesh on the market and disregarding the ten's of thousands of complaints on the MAUDE data base. The Manufacturers will lose the American market and eventually most of the developed countries but there is always Africa,India etc..It's not like they are being harmed all that much from settlements and fines. So the Manufacturers will just keep paying the FDA and probably the American Medical Association so the profits will keep on coming in. The Courts will agree to MDL settlements that are a joke making them feel better but not the victims. The ONLY industry that will make out besides the manufacturers will be the Lawyers. There is some speculation that some Lawyers involved in these MDL's are collecting data for their use in further lawsuits beyond the victims of mesh. All in all, we as a group, are part of the biggest medical experiment and malpractice in U.S. history. The manufactures have known as well as many Doctors that mesh is a dangerous product. They have known this for possibly a couple decades. The manufacturers have done everything they could to make the body accept their fantastic plastic invention(sorry Grace!) with little success. Now with the cooperation of all involved, other than the patient/victim, they lie. Ethicon employee's can destroy decades of research and communication records involving their mesh products with little or nothing done. The FDA's man in charge of "consumer complaints" can go in front of investigative committees' and say he has had only a few complaints about mesh products and those were "non-conclusive". I hope I'm alive to see this all in the movies! Best Wishes......
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#8234 Jan 28, 2014
I have an Op-Ed in today's MeshMedicalDeviceNewsDesk.com in the op-ed section. Best Wishes.......
Blair

Montague, Canada

#8235 Jan 29, 2014
All Meshed Up wrote:
I have an Op-Ed in today's MeshMedicalDeviceNewsDesk.com in the op-ed section. Best Wishes.......
Great job!
Can Not et Help

Woodway, TX

#8236 Jan 29, 2014
I had a hernia repair that was to be "minor", the mesh they used was not processed correctly (according to my MD), it inflamed my intestines and I suffer bowel obstruction, unbelievable pain, and I had a pulmonary embolism. They re operated 5 days after the original to remove the mesh. I am now on blood thinners for an indefinite time and have not full regained my strength. Sad to say I thought I might sue but I cannot find an attorney to take the case. The event happened in Tulsa, OK. Any ideas?
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#8237 Jan 29, 2014
Can Not et Help wrote:
I had a hernia repair that was to be "minor", the mesh they used was not processed correctly (according to my MD), it inflamed my intestines and I suffer bowel obstruction, unbelievable pain, and I had a pulmonary embolism. They re operated 5 days after the original to remove the mesh. I am now on blood thinners for an indefinite time and have not full regained my strength. Sad to say I thought I might sue but I cannot find an attorney to take the case. The event happened in Tulsa, OK. Any ideas?
I'm terribly sorry about what has happened and continues to happen to you. You are not alone. First thing is to gather all your medical records that are associated with the Mesh. You said it was removed because it caused infection. Get a Dr.'s statement to that fact. In your records your will have the OP report from the hospital that outlines all the products used on you. In it there will be the make, model and lot# of the mesh. Let us know what that is. If it is not included in your records make sure to get the Pathology report. How long ago was your surgery/ies? Depending on how long it's been and the laws of your State, you may have a Statute of Limitations issue. If not, then I would talk to a Personal Injury or a Defective Medical Device Lawyer about your case. BUT FIRST THING IS TO GET ALL RECORDS!! Take photos of your surgical site. Start a diary of your daily meds and pain you are experiencing. Do not tell your Dr. that you are looking for a lawyer as he may "clam" up and give you little or no cooperation. If he is helping you, Thank him profusely as he/she is one of the very few! Any statements from your Dr. that states that the Mesh caused the infection and it's condition at removal is very helpful. Get statements from your wife, girlfriend or family members that are familiar with what you have and are going through. You have long road in front of you my friend. Let us know what you have found out and hopefully we can get you on the right path. Best Wishes..........
All Meshed Up

Whitewater, CO

#8238 Jan 29, 2014
Blair wrote:
<quoted text>
Great job!
Thanks Blair, very much. Jane Akre is going to try and do more articles about Hernia mesh as well as the Gynecological mesh. I hope to contribute. I would ask that anyone who has dealt with the MDL's to please contact me as soon as possible, PLEASE! I would like to interview you and write about your experiences, good and bad. I will not use your name if you do not want me to.Thanks a bunch. Best Wishes.......

St. John's, Canada

#8239 Jan 29, 2014
All Meshed Up wrote:
nice job lots of information, Radio Interview also very good.
Blair

Montague, Canada

#8240 Jan 30, 2014
Tammy, you should be getting a settlement soon they are collecting interest on the settlement money for a month. The Law firm is collecting big time. Tammy how many are in the Canadain Class Action Settlement. I talked with the lawyer and i don't think there are many which gives you a big settlement. You deserve it and i bet your doctor doesn't think it is in your head anymore. LOL. There is a big percentage of Canadian's who have been told lies by their doctor's and would not know about the Class Action.
Sue

Wailuku, HI

#8242 Jan 30, 2014
jane Akre wrote:
I believe Sue the law firm advertising on Mesh News Desk this month is taking those cases... check with them.....I remember because Atrium is not often named.... Thanks!
http://meshmedicaldevicenewsdesk.com/latest-i...
Dear Jane,
Thank you, but they won't return my email. I don't get it???
Aloha,
Sue

St. John's, Canada

#8243 Jan 31, 2014
Blair wrote:
Tammy, you should be getting a settlement soon they are collecting interest on the settlement money for a month. The Law firm is collecting big time. Tammy how many are in the Canadain Class Action Settlement. I talked with the lawyer and i don't think there are many which gives you a big settlement. You deserve it and i bet your doctor doesn't think it is in your head anymore. LOL. There is a big percentage of Canadian's who have been told lies by their doctor's and would not know about the Class Action.
Hey Blair, its not in my head lol, I will email you, I have a few questions if that is ok with you. Thanks Blair for your help it's been a long road.
Blair

Montague, Canada

#8244 Jan 31, 2014
tammy-l wrote:
<quoted text> Hey Blair, its not in my head lol, I will email you, I have a few questions if that is ok with you. Thanks Blair for your help it's been a long road.
I will be looking forward to your email Tammy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Health Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kentucky Could Become The Only State Without A ... 3 hr Survivor 152
News California declares emergency to fight hepatiti... 5 hr hmmmm 16
News Smokers will soon burn up even more money (Mar '09) 10 hr Nightowl44 6
Esophagus Spasm - How my mom STOPS her Esophage... (May '12) 15 hr Jess 289
News How to Get Rid of a Dog's Cold (Apr '11) 17 hr WTF 64
News Tom Golisano gives $5 million for new Pediatric... 21 hr Humanspirit 13
News 8 Sleep Mistakes You Can Fix Tonight 23 hr Sleepy 1
watching wife get pregnant by another man (Jan '17) Oct 8 Mike 21
More from around the web